This makes me really sad

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Re: This makes me really sad

Post by AraGun »

Too all the @women here this should inspire you.. It did me and im not even a woman
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Xgbh2E0NM[/video]
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

There is no bait and she is a woman for real. Also it's mostly become shit because of people going off-topic
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I keep peeking in here and shit keeps getting more intense.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Jerom wrote:I keep peeking in here and shit keeps getting more intense.
Go fuck yourself.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

seriously @AraGun What is your point??? this person dont speak for me, but when that is said - she made millions of dollars being sexy to you smucks :biggrin: :biggrin: now she is old and still think she is some kind of hotty :hmm: I can only feel sorry for a person who lived on here looks and sex appeal - and now its gone :huh:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Well if you listen to the whole thing @iwillspankyou , she talks about some hard times she has endured.. like being raped and robbed.. and still kept going through the years.. she is a really tough woman. Also gives good advice to all women out there. Dont judge her for her looks or sex appeal thats just sexist xD. Madonna is a fucking rockstart and she will always be. Think about all the shit thats happened to her and then talk about your problems and see if you can compare.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

sorry @AraGun I still find her pathetic! I would never - ever - talk about my shit in front of thousand of ppl - this girl lives for publicity - and its just FAKE! I like some of her music - but only some! Always had some problem with her, cos of the playing up to sexy stuff to promote her music.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Well she did sort of get nomiated for woman of the year award so she had to make a speech, but I agree she does live off publicity as does every other single public person on this planet. And what is this forum if not publicity as well? @iwillspankyou

Anyways I watched this video and I thought it would inspire some people, if you dont like her thats fine its your right of opinion.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

well here is the man of the year - (ps - I dont find him interesting either ) : [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECjVn3g3Ux8[/video]
I can find ppl I meet interesting, or not :!: :?: "
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The real man of the year

[video]https://youtu.be/rEMsjeq43_U[/video]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iwillspankyou wrote:seriously @AraGun What is your point??? this person dont speak for me, but when that is said - she made millions of dollars being sexy to you smucks :biggrin: :biggrin: now she is old and still think she is some kind of hotty :hmm: I can only feel sorry for a person who lived on here looks and sex appeal - and now its gone :huh:

Why is it worse to live of your looks than of your brain? Would u feel sorry for a person who was smart all his life and then got altzheimer? Which, just like fading beauty is usually age related.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:sorry @AraGun I still find her pathetic! I would never - ever - talk about my shit in front of thousand of ppl - this girl lives for publicity - and its just FAKE! I like some of her music - but only some! Always had some problem with her, cos of the playing up to sexy stuff to promote her music.
Now you're just being harsh. It's not madonna's fault that sex sells, she simply took advantage of her talents and made a shitton of money which is kind of what we're all trying to do in this capitalist society, is it not?
I take it Adele is more your kind of gal?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

omg this thread!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Bump this epic thread
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Jerom wrote:I keep peeking in here and shit keeps getting more intense.

very in tents
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

As has already been said, online gaming communities are overwhelmingly male-dominated, so it's not surprising that you would run into a couple pre-pubescent boys who can't understand that women are human beings too. Do your best to brush it off (easier said than done, I know), and remember that there are a plethora of people in this community who will not stoop to that level.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Yeah it's very unfortunate that this is part of the community. There's really nothing you can do about, and I understand that that's very unfair for all the women but just remember not everyone who is a male is a jerk, and try not to exploit your position as a woman either, because it can be done as well.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Actually i think what some guys cant stand is the fact that Queen is so open. There always is this stereotype of the guy saying or doing w/e he wants, and the girl acting like she's shocked and giggling and blushing (I'm mainly thinking about sex-related topics here). Some guys still think that a girl should not go out of this stereotype, and when she does, they get confused, or shocked themselves and... probs even feel castrated or sth.

So when queen starts being open and free, some guys feel the need to make fun of her, because it's always the easiest way to react when you face something unusual or that you can't understand. A very old fashioned and immature way to react, but definitely not surprising on an online gaming community.

For my part, I've always found it much more interesting when a girl (and it works ofc for a guy too, but that's not my point here) breaks stereotypes and doesn't let people's opinions dictate her behavior. That's one of the reasons why Queen is amazing and unique.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

We get it kaiser, she's a special snowflake :love:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Goodspeed wrote:We get it kaiser, she's a special snowflake :love:
all snowflakes are uniquely special
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

oh boooy thish thread ish shtill going on
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

gibson wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:We get it kaiser, she's a special snowflake :love:
all snowflakes are uniquely special

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2015/12/24/s ... l-in-1963/
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Gendarme wrote:@benj89 Well, I don't want to go to deep into the discussion, because it's vast and off-topic, but to summarize with one sentence, you take what you can get. If you know you can get better, you don't settle for less (why would you?), but if you're a useless person who generally has no chance with any girl, you will take any girl you can get, and if the girl shows interest back you're likely to get a crush on her, because the "it-is-now-or-never-once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity"-instinct kicks in.

Of course, you aren't a useless person by chance, you become one (or perhaps you never stop being one while growing up while others do), and I really think if I'm going to expand on this, we'll have to create a new thread.

I do believe that most people actually settle for less than what they could potentially get. You just seem not to be in that mindset.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

gibson wrote:I gotta agree with umeu here. I like to think of myself as more attractive than the average guy, but in reality I think I'm just an average looking dude, with an average amount of money and nothing really special to bring to the table, but iv never really struggled with girls. Just as long as you act like a decent person, don't just seem like you wanna bang them and seem genuine I think most girls are fine with having someone who isn't quite channing Tatum. Honestly benj based off what you've said it feels like you have no actual experience and are just saying things based off of what you've seen in shows in movies. I could be completely wrong, I am only 20 so it's not like I have a ton of experience, but I don't constantly see guys fighting over girls or feel like I have to do that either.

When it comes to attraction I think you should be aware more than think. If you were considered attracting by the girls considered the cutest in middle/high school, then you’re an attractive guy. If not, you’re probably looking like an average dude, or worse. People are the most superficial in their teenage years, and even though personality helps at every age, I believe this period (13-17) is when it helps the least.

Besides, I think you missed my whole point, but as I said to me it seems like there are different types of people, the ones who are driven and the ones who aren’t. There are also these people who talk about their problem instead of trying to solve them, and the ones who never talks about their problem because they focus on solving them. I have a few similar binary observations in mind. Here it’s about the ones who settle for what they can easily get, and the ones who strives for more, who « hustle ». By the way, I think it’s safe to say that no one actually struggle to get girls/guys once they are willing to put themselves out there, if that makes sense. Unless you include handicapped people who can’t leave their house, that really sux.

I think you told me the exact same thing last year, and I’ll give you the exact same answer: in a day, I probably walk by more people than you do in a year. I could go to the same bar every Saturday and constantly meet new people all year long. That’s what it is to live in a big city. In addition, relationships tend to be much more superficial than in smaller cities, so people are much more selective with who they hang out with. So yea, you can actually afford to have selective standards with friends and girls when living in a big city, while you can’t when living in a town with 60 people around your age. You just chose the people that are the closest to your values out of the small sample you have.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

umeu wrote:I totally fail to see how an oversimplification can be nuanced. But I guess that's me. Sure "rules of attraction" are interesting, and I'm sure there is alot of biology involved which I don't (nor you probably) fully understand. However, all your posts show a complete lack of understanding the wide range of human emotions and the need to satisfy them. I'm not even talking about this special connection or soulmate stuff, because I don't believe in it. I don't believe that everyone has someone they're destined for or whatever. As long as you are compatible with each other, I believe everyone can become anyones "soulmate", if they're willing to put the effort in and stop believing Disney's fairytale that love falls out of the air. In that sense, sure you could say I'm satisfied with what I get, and I don't see a need to go date a 1000 girls, 999 of which I will discard, because I'm searching for that one true love. Many relationships end because they feel like there is someone out there better for them, I'm pretty sure it's bs, as long as you weren't in a dysfunctional relationship (abuse, depression etc).

Yea, that’s you. Models are a great way to study human behavior, but feel free to bring another way. Turns out people who make money out of people’s behavior do use that, because as I already explained, what looks to you like oversimplification is more nuanced than trying to study everything at once.

Obviously some people do have special connections, and not everyone can become soulmate. My parents tried and both put lot’s of effort in it yet it didn’t work (after 20 years of trying), and not so long ago I spoke with a friend from Indonesia who told me how her parents tried to, while being forced to marry at 20, didn’t work neither. I have no clue what this special connection is, whether it's the combination of many factors or whether it's purely chemical.
I think you should learn to know what you want in a person, and look for that. Once you found it, spend a few years with that person, and see if you want to spend your life with that person. But again, reason and reality often disconnect so that’s an issue.

When I said I wanted to improve, I actually meant that generally, not really as much when it comes to dating better looking girls or whatever. I've never really been that interested in screwing around with as many girls as possible, perhaps because I don't derrive my self-esteem from the amount or quality of sexual encounters i've had. I guess we have to celebrate because for the first time in your long forum carreer you may have categorized me correctly, albeit, with your usual vastly simplified style. No doubt you'd find my life boring, and I'd find your life depressing.

I’m not interested in screwing around with as many girls as possible. However the people I know who do that don’t necessarily do it for self esteem reasons. That’s just an assumption you made to try winning an argument by putting me in a retarded box. Except I’m not here to win arguments, but to actually get mine challenged and grow.

You didn’t answer my point though, so I’ll restate it:
You’d be content with 7+ girls, loyal funny and all that. Yet, you don’t have to chase any girls to get what you want, they come to you.
That means, you are a 8+ yourself, or you have an incredible and very outgoing personality. Which one of these is correct? I hope that’s simplistic enough.

I didn't bring it up, Gendarme did. I agree with you it was quite pointless. However you're wrong to think we should talk only about what you observe in other people, because you cannot judge what goes on in another person's head. If you think only observations matter, then it's no surprise you approach this subject as a scientist would approach mating wildlife. I see no reason why the conversations with girls should be disregarded (even if there is a possibility, even a probability, that they may not have told me everything) over what a male can understand just from looking at them. As if you can better understand their sexuality just by looking at them than they can... I really don't take your word with anything but a grain of salt on this matter, as I still recall very well how you spoke about "ugly girls" being so desperate they would do anything to get pretty much any guy. Which totally makes me question if you've ever even met any woman in your life.
I'm not the one making you sound misogynist, you just generally have a very low esteem of women, judging from all the nonsense you've said on the topic so far over various discussions.

Ok so you genuinely missed the point. I’m not the only one approaching a complex subject that way. I think of Game Theory, econometrics, or statistics in general, these are tools used by psychologists, politicians, economists and even philosophers. Because they believe that models, here studying parameters through a linear regression, are a good way to approach a complex subject. It’s a powerful tool to understand human behavior. That’s what's great with capitalism, people use what works and bring them money, it’s a highway to efficiency. However this approach is based on the fact that people are rational in their every day choice, which is again arguable. You could have pointed that out and propose another way to look at it.

My answer on this doesn’t really match with what you said, because I don’t know why you wrote that. I don’t see why a conversation with a girl should be disgarded neither and all that. I don’t think I can know the sexuality of someone by looking at them neither. The ugly girl reference, could you quote me? I don’t remember saying that. I think you like to assume that the person you’re talking to is retarded, for the sake of arguing. Indeed, boring.

Let's ignore the fact that not only have I been to the USA, I don't watch NBC, and my sister lives in the Deep South, so I think I have atleast some notion of what goes on in the USA regarding racism. It's laughable to me that you're implying that I'm talking out of a vacuum, while I'm the only one who brings up my own experiences. You on the other hand, only quote dubious sources and rely on even more dubious observation skills. Either case, the point of the example wasn't that everyone likes the same things in a woman, it's that i'm quite sure, in the long run, nobody will be more happy with a woman who is only very beautiful, but in other ways doesn't match your interests (aka, you like funny but she isn't etc), than with a woman who's not as beautiful, but satisfies (most of) your other (emotional) needs. You just seem to admit that, because you wouldn't date the pretty girls you know because you think they're bad people.

Indeed, let’s ignore that. You’ve been to the USA what, 2-3 summers, 3 weeks each? I’m sure you experienced lots of racism during that time. I’d be curious to know how your sister experienced racism too. You could have talked about that from start actually, instead of quoting some obscure article that you randomly googled, I doubt you pay for the economist. Speaking about personal experience: I’ve been to England 6 month total, my brother and my best friend both went to this country for some time, and I would never assume about UK what you assumed about USA, even though I had a few issues there. Guys from a small town were mad that foreigners were stealing their girls, it’s actually relevant to this discussion!

So then I read the rest of your post, and again I’m wondering, how does that link with what I said? Didn’t I precisely say that there was so many people that chances are you’d find the same attributes in a 6+ and 8+ girl? You could have said something relevant, such as: do you really believe that, other factors being equal, beauty will make you happier? Or do you believe that, when already considering yourself happy, you could actually be happier, i.e. are there degrees in happiness? To which I would have answered: “good points, for once umeu! And I’m still trying to find an answer, but here is what I think…”. I should start dialoguing with myself more.

Finally you try to pick something I said. Let me quote what I said :
"To keep the number thing real you need to consider 9 to be a really, really attractive girls who has experienced privilege because of it since she's very young. This factor tend to add more bad than good in a person."
Sadly again, you put words into my mouth, which makes me realize that I am wasting my time responding to you. I never said pretty girls, I said 9 girls. If you consider pretty girls to be 9, then that solve the whole discussion and you have no clue about how to rate someone, so you shouldn’t have brought that in the first place.
Beautiful people are privileged, to a point you surely ignore. I still remember my roommate complaining about taking a 4 days trip paid $12000 in a luxury hotel in Bogota for a photo shoot. He had about 2-3 of these per month, sometimes more, each time in the $6-15k range. And I still remember my conversations with the few girls that I mentioned; one of them wasn’t a model. I’ve seen beautiful girls winning over interviewers because they were beautiful. List is long. But I agree, in theory, you could meet a 9+ that would fulfill all your needs. However, I happen to live in reality, and based on my personal experience I don’t think that will happen.
Summary of this part: again, you brought 0 point and put words in my mouth. Let’s hope the next one is better.

Yes, it's a indeed a complex subject, which makes me confused as to why you think you can say meaningful stuff about it when you are vastly oversimplifying everything. I do agree with the rest of what you've said there, so maybe most of the misunderstanding comes from something else.

Hope is lost.
I’m just trying to have a discussion about a subject that I find interesting, and I believe that the most effective way to discuss about seduction is to split it in different parameters that all leads to the ultimate goal: finding your life partner. I also like to get challenged on what I assume to be true. Feel free to bring another way to understand seduction; so far I’ve just seen you criticizing what I said without bringing anything.

It's an interesting story, in many ways, though I don't think there are many conclusions to be taken from the way you tell it. I just want to note that I don't see how having sex with super models suddenly makes you a succesful business owner. It's possible that he got the self-esteem and confidence needed, to unlock his potential, from sleeping with beautiful woman. But to me it's seems rather sad and ineffective to be so dependent on other people in order to feel good about yourself. Imagine where he would be if they'd turned him down. I'm quite sure it has everything to do with competition, but it's very likely we think of something else when hearing that word. I mean don't get me wrong, if that was the way for him to get over his insecurity, then good on him.

*Btw, 30k a month? Surely that's not correct, that means he makes 300k+ a year lol. That's more than laywers, doctors and most bankers even lol. I looked it up and it seems that 3k would be more like it.

Well I do get a conclusion from it: this guy is someone who lived the American dream, because he hustled. He emigrated with his mom from Cote d’Ivoire to Belgium, then went to NY after high school because he felt like racism was omnipresent there and that it lacked of opportunities. He actually loved the US because he felt like he was treated equally, no matter his skin color. Yes, you seem to ignore it, but USA is one of the best place in the world to live in as a minority, arguable the best. Issue being he wasn’t really attractive nor book smart. Rest you know.

About his salary: I don’t lie. I actually hate liars. That’s the biggest turn off to me in a person.
Since you again doubt what I said but don’t bring anything relevant, I’ll do a quick summary of the Salaries in NYC that I am aware of.

Bankers at bulge brackets get paid 100-140k at 22 years old. Potentially 350-400k at 24 if they move to private equity in a megafund. They can make slightly less at middle market boutiques.
Waiters around 70-80k, from the few restaurants I’ve known about. French ones, so kinda upper class. A good friend is head bartender at a pretty good Greek restaurant and makes 70k working there part-time.

I met a few promoters because most of the successful ones happen to be/speak French. You also have to know them if you want to go clubbing for free, with free alcohol. I’m not a fan of clubs, I prefer bars by far, but I’ve been to a few.
- 1st ranked promoters: make between 5-6k/month. Rate just based on the number they bring each night. Girls just need to not be ugly and dress properly.

- 2nd ranked (my friend and the 30k, I’m not really in touch with him anymore but he reached “3rd ranked” last time we spoke). This time it’s different, you get paid by number, but also by the look, i.e. the club managers put a price on the quality of the girls you bring. He would basically tell me how much any girl would be worth, ranging from $70 for a cute one, to $130 for a beautiful one. At this point you tend to care about your reputation, so you only bring quality girls, in a smaller number. He was making about 1000-1500 per night. I’ve seen one of his paycheck, because at first I though he was lying about all that too. He went out 6 nights per week, do the math.
But you looked it up? Guess what, Wikipedia and glassdoor don’t answer everything. But yeah, “surely I’m not correct” and I’m making up everything.

- 3rd ranked promoters: they actually host the models, usually in a duplex/triplex. That’s also when big cash comes in, because you get sponsored by brands just to wear/drink their product. Idk about the salary for these guys. Seems like you need to network a lot to get there, as with any other selective job. I'm not sure how strict this ranking system is neither.

Btw, emergency physician in Manhattan can make 450k per year. I know one personally, but I haven’t googled it so you might find something different. I also happen to know a lawyer’s salary (around 500k, in her 50s, doesn’t even work full time), even though I don’t know the lawyer personally – “damn, you lying benj? Knew it!” Chill umeu, a really good friend worked part time for both of them, that’s how I know. I think the exact same physician in Paris would get paid around 45k, go figure.

Back to promoters:
The not so fancy part: he pays for all their ubers, and spends several afternoons per week with models in nail/hair salons/spas. He pays for all that. He pays for all the tips in their pre-club dinners too, that’s the most expensive part I believe. He told me in the end he ends up spending about 15k per month for that, and he seems to enjoy it somehow. But again, he’s the type who pays equinox’s gym $300 per month just to network.
To me this guy shows that the secret to success, even if it seems like you aren’t attractive/smart enough, is hustling and believing in something. That’s what this guy did and he came from pretty far on every aspect in life.
About your comment “what if they turned him down”, again that shows you don’t know much about the subject, if anything. People who are good at seduction do get rejected, all the time. Less than people who aren’t good, but they still do. I don’t have to imagine where he’d be, because I know many girls turned him down, that’s why he was interested in psychology and understanding what these girls were attracted to, how he could improve. What he did actually happened to be pretty effective.
Warning: before you put words in my mouth, I don’t necessarily recommend doing that. It was just a short story. I talked about it because of your repetitive passive aggressive comments.

I told you it wasn’t about competition, since the guy felt like he wanted stuff: money, beautiful girls, and did everything he could to get those. But again I’m not in his head, it’s never been a very close friend neither. However I’m curious about what his life will be in 20 years.

Back to you and Gibson, NYC people do get paid when successful, because they hustle. That’s one of the most competitive place on earth. They aren’t the type of people who stick with what they can get without putting much effort into it. They don’t sit on their privilege.

I don't know anything about this world because I don't agree with you? As far as this thread has gone, and as far as pretty much every conversation with you has gone, you're always mocking me or whoever you talk with. So maybe you should look in the mirror when it comes to this one. The reason I find the icecube anecdote funny is not because the story itself is funny, I find it funny because of the far-reaching conclusions you draw from the things you see and hear from other people. Just because you know some people who you think know "this" world, doesn't really mean anything at all. Unlike you, I'm not actually claiming there is no truth in what you say, I'm just saying you're only focusing on one very small and narrow part of the painting. Maybe you should start to trust your own experiences a bit more, and you'd perhaps realise that the world isn't as simple as you make it out to be.

When I speak about a subject, it’s a mix about my experience and the one of others. I don’t necessarily take the time to talk about every anecdote, because who cares and it’d take way too much time to make a simple point.
I’m not claiming that there is no truth in what you say neither. There is racism in the US. There is racism in any country. But I’m not putting “racist narrative” in every conversation. It’s probably the best nation on earth to be a minority nowadays and you don’t seem to acknowledge that. That’s tiring, especially when you tell me that your sister lives there and you went there 2 summers. Share your experiences, at least. And you talk shit about someone like metis who lived there his whole life.

About the fact that I am always mocking you, irony at its best, re read this thread please. I made a few points, you act like a “know it all” who doesn’t bring anything to the conversation except passive aggressive comments, I mocked you for that, and you accuse me for mocking you. Dude, you have issues.
When I don’t know about a subject, I don’t talk about it, or I explicitly mention that I don’t know about the subject. As simple as that.
If you find some mockery or aggressiveness if my answers, you deserved it/I’m mirroring you.
I don't think I'll bother replying further unless you start contributing to the discussion I was trying to have.