Zwarte Piet Discussion Thread

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Zwarte Piet Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

I'm not arguing for dropping it. I'm not sure how much more clear I must make it. You cannot see ZP apart from its historical context and then say ooh there is no connection to racism. And when you do account for the historical context, I'm not sure how you can deny the racist roots. If you do not see this, then there isn't more that I can do for you. You say youre interested in figuring out if its actually racist, without doing any research on the topic. The way you phrase that sentence, again makes me question what you believe racism is. If you think there can only be racism with malicious intent, you are simply mistaken.

Would you say this is racist? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... f61fdd.jpg
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

It looks like a monkey to me haha so no. But yeah I can see that being racist.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Jerom wrote:It looks like a monkey to me haha so no. But yeah I can see that being racist.

lol, isn´t that even worse then racist?
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ye that comment just emphasised the futility of this little circlejerk. It also illustrates my point about ignorance.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

YouTube suggested me a certain video... lol

[spoiler=video][video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAiAyX9I6Bg[/video][/spoiler]