Your Ideal Day

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Your Ideal Day

Post by deleted_user »

Indulge in your hedonism and tell us what your ideal day looks like!

Mine begins with context. Imagine, if you will, the very start of the semester. You are motivated, inspired, the will to acquire knowledge is there and yet there are no deadlines or tasks to similarly demotivate you. School is bliss, now, and now imagine that it is canceled! All the better! (because let's be honest those feelings of actually wanting to pursue an education are faux at best). It, and work, are closed both today and the next day due to an impending ice storm, so, you figure, "Hey, what better a day to live out the ideal day than now? None! I have no responsibilities! Ha!"

And so it begins. I wake, it's before noon (bright and early), I shower, put on some hipster clothing, like, a flannel with a wife beater and some leather boots, a beanie, walk the quarter mile trek to the neighborhood gas station and nod to the employees my signature nod as I walk through the door: the nod entails roughly 35 degrees of inclination and the most fleeting glance of eye contact before walking confidently to the alcohol department. It's an ice storm so I figure I better stock up - I walk up to the clerk with a case of beer, a 24 oz coffee, and ask for a pack of smokes because I don't actually smoke but it's my ideal day so I'm smoking.

Walking back home I make sure to note the beauty of the sun and the way it warms me intrinsically because I do not get out much.

Upstairs I enter my room. I crack a cold one, boot my PC, launch ESO, host a room titled "1v1 unr" and, sitting back with my feet propped up on the desk, I read Chekhov short stories on my kindle until someone joins with MF Doom playing lightly in the background.

And this essentially repeats for 12+ hours. Occasionally there are breaks to get food from Qdoba and watch anime as I eat it. There are the restroom breaks and water breaks, naturally. There is sometimes an afternoon nap, and, if the day is truly ideal, a group outing to the primo Mexican restaurant on $2.50 "Marg Mondays" during appetizer happy hour when chicken-jalapeno quesadillas are just $5.

The simple pleasures: the food, the drink, the company; the simple pleasures are my favorite. They dictate my ideal day.

What do you say? :uglylol: :uglylol: :maniac: :mrgreen: :kinggreen:
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Re: Your Ideal Day

Post by milku3459 »

ESO would def be part of most versions of it. Of course it's fun to get work done and learn, but sometimes, foolishness can be indulged...
An ideal gaming day would be 10 hrs playing ESOC friends for ego, having them on discord and getting away with weird strats.
Second favourite gaming day would be one where I get good at KV2 in world of tanks. That thing is AWESOME when you land a hit with HE shells 1000 dmg in a bang that's nearly enough to one shot a mameluke
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

I sit on my couch drinking coffee and watching movies/playing AOE3 from when I wake up (1PM) to 2 in the morning.

Also, you kicked me for being too low level once and it hurt my feewings but now I know you were just too engrossed in Chekov to crush noobs.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

A perfect hedonism is when it's justified, so first off I'd wake up pretty early, but still fresh and rested. It would ideally be sunny and cold at the same time. Breakfast, then a good read, some homework, then swimming pool and dinner, as I'll be pretty hungry. After that I'll have most of my duties for the day done and I'll have time for leisure, ideally playing with a 1st lt who will never win vs me but also will never rage, and I can go greedy af in every single game, making bastion walls and all church upgrades and stuff, while still winning. At the end I'll play a random QS game, win, play an FFA to livestock boom with Brits and crush French lamer with OP dragoons and Redcoats. Then supper, some YouTube I guess, read, sleep, repeat!
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

My best day is I wake up and then just go back to sleep.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

pecelot wrote:... ideally playing with a 1st lt who will never win vs me but also will never rage, and I can go greedy af in every single game

Basically me LOL