The people of ESOCommunity vs The Basement for not fulfilling their promises

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: The people of ESOCommunity vs The Basement for not fulfilling their promises

Post by deleted_user »

I'm not surprised the rewards aren't out yet nor would I be surprised if they are never released. Besides, what objections can be made when the money was raised for charity? Donors shouldn't expect compensation for charitable contribution, right? We'll see, though. If there's anything the basement is good at its following through with promises.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: The people of ESOCommunity vs The Basement for not fulfilling their promises

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

deleted_user wrote:I'm not surprised the rewards aren't out yet nor would I be surprised if they are never released. Besides, what objections can be made when the money was raised for charity? Donors shouldn't expect compensation for charitable contribution, right? We'll see, though. If there's anything the basement is good at its following through with promises.

If the host promises to do certain things they should do it. Whether or not the host is running a charity stream is irrelevant.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I know I'm only half serious. My point being that if people become upset that the rewards are not distributed then the basement can cry "charity" and be off mostly scot-free.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Even I donated a wee bit, but tbh I dont expect anything back. Its a charity. Let them take their time to do the rewards. We all really have a life as well. (Not me tho)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Lol the rewards are coming we have all just been very busy. If we didn't intend on doing the rewards we would say so
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Hello lovely people!

As someone who donated to the charity and watched the stream as much as I could, I just wanted to say that someone getting shot was certainly not my reason for donating nor for watching. The stream was very well done and the charity does really good work. Nonetheless, I can certainly see why people may feel like bargains that were made are not being upheld. I think that it's important to realize that people do have other things going on in their life and are busy. Personally, I could do without seeing someone being humiliated and in pain, but of course, I have not been personally affected by previous flames and trolling that apparently others have. Apologies were made, and hopefully they were sincere. Apologies were accepted, and hopefully those were sincere as well.

Something that I do expect to see, at some point, is the grand dance that was offered to those who donated at least $100 :P

Let's try to remember that we are all humans who are simply interacting online. Stay beautiful everyone! :flowers: :smile:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Sure, everyone should honestly praise their actions, the event was very successful — that said, though, one should naturally fulfill their promises. People don't always donate purely for charity, I mean they could do that anyway, but you encouraged them with good AoE content. The same applies to saying that you will do certain stuff, like getting shot for fun, dancing or posting hilarious pictures — for more money, that is.
So I'm really looking forward to that as I'd imagine that will be amusing, we don't have to bring any personal agendas here! :flowers:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Hello lovely people!

As someone who donated to the charity and watched the stream as much as I could, I just wanted to say that someone getting shot was certainly not my reason for donating nor for watching. The stream was very well done and the charity does really good work. Nonetheless, I can certainly see why people may feel like bargains that were made are not being upheld. I think that it's important to realize that people do have other things going on in their life and are busy. Personally, I could do without seeing someone being humiliated and in pain, but of course, I have not been personally affected by previous flames and trolling that apparently others have. Apologies were made, and hopefully they were sincere. Apologies were accepted, and hopefully those were sincere as well.

Something that I do expect to see, at some point, is the grand dance that was offered to those who donated at least $100 :P

Let's try to remember that we are all humans who are simply interacting online. Stay beautiful everyone! :flowers: :smile:

You're in the wrong thread I'm afraid. The whole point of this thread is to get someone shot. For justice.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

perhapsh the dance and shooting should be combined in order to safe time?
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:You're in the wrong thread I'm afraid. The whole point of this thread is to get someone shot. For justice.

Then I am in the exact thread I should be in then. ;)

I am a balance, after all. :flowers:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I propose jerom or bram flies to Pennsylvania and participates in a old fashioned duel. 10 paces should be adequate
mad cuz bad
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Jerom sat in the tree, peering through his binoculars--the eagerness and degree of turned-on-ness he showed in his vigil would have made anybody think he was a peeping tom. He took a swig of beer from a hipflask before resuming his watch. Across the street, two unsuspecting men lined up, laughing and joking, with their backs to a whitewashed fence outside a large house. They were shirtless, letting the wind blow across their chiselled abs and muscles ripple under the Pennsylvania sun; the Dutchican smelled a hint of cheese and earwax drifting on the wind, intensifying his anticipation and desire. Two other men stood by, one held a camera on a selfie stick while the other held--the Dutchese caught his breath--a gun. The shirtless men stood with their backs to the fence, still bantering, while the man with a gun held it up to his shoulder and took aim. Jerom giggled silently. The poor fools. They did not know about the gory disaster that was about to ensue. They did not know that the "airsoft gun" was actually loaded with anti-tank rounds.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Lol. You have a talent
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

n0el wrote:I propose jerom or bram flies to Pennsylvania and participates in a old fashioned duel. 10 paces should be adequate

Ye I bet he is already coming to do that, he's threatened it before!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

milku3459 wrote:Jerom sat in the tree, peering through his binoculars--the eagerness and degree of turned-on-ness he showed in his vigil would have made anybody think he was a peeping tom. He took a swig of beer from a hipflask before resuming his watch. Across the street, two unsuspecting men lined up, laughing and joking, with their backs to a whitewashed fence outside a large house. They were shirtless, letting the wind blow across their chiselled abs and muscles ripple under the Pennsylvania sun; the Dutchican smelled a hint of cheese and earwax drifting on the wind, intensifying his anticipation and desire. Two other men stood by, one held a camera on a selfie stick while the other held--the Dutchese caught his breath--a gun. The shirtless men stood with their backs to the fence, still bantering, while the man with a gun held it up to his shoulder and took aim. Jerom giggled silently. The poor fools. They did not know about the gory disaster that was about to ensue. They did not know that the "airsoft gun" was actually loaded with anti-tank rounds.

It's kind of disturbing thinking of the sexual satisfaction he'll get out of seeing me get shot. Lucky for me, I probably won't die which would give him the most satisfaction.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yeah sadly, you won't leave this place most likely. It seems milku hasn't heard about the assassination of Jerom James by the coward Laurence Drake :/
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

umeu wrote:Yeah sadly, you won't leave this place most likely. It seems milku hasn't heard about the assassination of Jerom James by the coward Laurence Drake :/

You want me dead?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

evilcheadar wrote:
umeu wrote:Yeah sadly, you won't leave this place most likely. It seems milku hasn't heard about the assassination of Jerom James by the coward Laurence Drake :/

You want me dead?

Here we go again...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

evilcheadar wrote:

You want me dead?

Did I say that?
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

who is jerom james?
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom was a man, a friend to ESOC,
He'd never see Mankle suffer pain
And with his brother Bram he
Robbed the Basement bank,
And stopped the KingOfOsmane train

Now, the people held their breath
when they heard of Jesse's death
And wondered how he ever came to fall
Laurence Drake, it was a fact, shot Jerom in the back
While Jerom hung Mankle's picture on the wall
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

umeu wrote:Jerom was a man, a friend to ESOC,

Meter is all weird and rhymes come irregularly, but are not cheesy. 7/10 would read again esp for Dutch greed reference
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

milku3459 wrote:
umeu wrote:Jerom was a man, a friend to ESOC,

Meter is all weird and rhymes come irregularly, but are not cheesy. 7/10 would read again esp for Dutch greed reference

It's not my rhyme, it's an old folk song. But I agree it's a bit weird
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

milku3459 wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:

You want me dead?

Here we go again...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEyUeCyXl1Q[/video]
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

haha yeee i shot 'im
Top quality poster.