My exams are approaching!

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

My exams are approaching!

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

I am an Engineering Student. This is my final year of school and my final exams are approaching. I am very afraid. It will decide my future. :hmm:
Please give suggestions for how many hours should I study :geek: and how much time should I give to Age of Empires (playing+modding). :biggrin:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: My exams are approaching!

Post by lordraphael »

well obvious advice as less aoe as possible. as much learning as possible. You will regret every minute you wasted with this game once exams come closer. Imo if you think that if it wasnt for aoe you would study more you might even consider deinstalling aoe completly. Obviously only helpful if you dont have another game that you would waste your time on.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lordraphael wrote:well obvious advice as less aoe as possible. as much learning as possible. You will regret every minute you wasted with this game once exams come closer. Imo if you think that if it wasnt for aoe you would study more you might even consider deinstalling aoe completly. Obviously only helpful if you dont have another game that you would waste your time on.

green up im in your lobby
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Sorry for nitpicking every thread you make but you are in year 12 and that doesnt make you an Engineering student, I assume you mean to say here is that you are going to get admission in a uni for you undergraduate degree and it depends on how good you score in these exams.

I had been living in Kota for the cram school so you know I was provided with nothing but a room full of books, notes, previous year papers, more book, more sample papers, my cram school's test paper (for boards), I had to start with two subs I hadnt read at all the whole year - literature and PE. If you have been doing cram school for JEE then you prolly have lost your speed of writing for a 3 hour long question paper and you need to get the speed asap bc thats what I needed the mostin my Maths exam.

For boards, its high time you should leave everything aside and do atleast 2 last year papers if you are done with the theory, trust me it helps a lot and gives you confidence which is always needed to bring the best out of you. Procrastination is one thing you shouldnt be doing rn so make a time table not a strict one but just stating the number of hours you are going to watch tv and play around which should be in the breaks of your study sessions. I managed to get 92% following this method (yeah i fucked my math exam, just scored 74, could have done better but you cant do anything when those guys put 1989 IIT questions in it) I can write more but m on phone rn and it feels shit typing for long on it.

Lemme know if you need any help, I was good at Chem.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

For Maths/Science the best practice is to do past papers.
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I guess the best training would be finishing your awesome building textures :flowers:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

A good way to study is to make up questions and write out their solutions. Once you have exhausted your imagination, listen to music or read a book. Your subconscious will do your work for you.
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yea for exams I always use this approach which is to just redo the homework and make sure there aren't any outstanding questions. Know where every single number comes from or how it is derived. Lastly, past tests are the best resource if you can get your hands on them to understand potential "curveballs" that might be thrown at you. If there are short answer questions in theory read your in-class notes/textbook.

If it's some sort of standardized testing then purchase the standardized study packets and do the same thing.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Ashvin wrote:Sorry for nitpicking every thread you make but you are in year 12 and that doesnt make you an Engineering student, I assume you mean to say here is that you are going to get admission in a uni for you undergraduate degree and it depends on how good you score in these exams.

I had been living in Kota for the cram school so you know I was provided with nothing but a room full of books, notes, previous year papers, more book, more sample papers, my cram school's test paper (for boards), I had to start with two subs I hadnt read at all the whole year - literature and PE. If you have been doing cram school for JEE then you prolly have lost your speed of writing for a 3 hour long question paper and you need to get the speed asap bc thats what I needed the mostin my Maths exam.

For boards, its high time you should leave everything aside and do atleast 2 last year papers if you are done with the theory, trust me it helps a lot and gives you confidence which is always needed to bring the best out of you. Procrastination is one thing you shouldnt be doing rn so make a time table not a strict one but just stating the number of hours you are going to watch tv and play around which should be in the breaks of your study sessions. I managed to get 92% following this method (yeah i fucked my math exam, just scored 74, could have done better but you cant do anything when those guys put 1989 IIT questions in it) I can write more but m on phone rn and it feels shit typing for long on it.

Lemme know if you need any help, I was good at Chem.

Thank you, I am bit opposite to you. My maths is very strong ( I always get above 90, once 100 in PreBoard). My weakest is Chemistry. I am weak at memorising, especially Organic chemistry.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Surprisingly you dont have any problem in Inorganic (which I considered to have more illogical reactions because of Affinities and EN values), OC is all about the mechanism of the reactions and acidic and basic strength except that chapter - polymers, it was bitch.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Ashvin wrote:Surprisingly you dont have any problem in Inorganic (which I considered to have more illogical reactions because of Affinities and EN values), OC is all about the mechanism of the reactions and acidic and basic strength except that chapter - polymers, it was bitch.

I accept the last three chapters are nonsense. But they carry a fair amount of weight-age. All they need is
"रट लेना"
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:
Ashvin wrote:Surprisingly you dont have any problem in Inorganic (which I considered to have more illogical reactions because of Affinities and EN values), OC is all about the mechanism of the reactions and acidic and basic strength except that chapter - polymers, it was bitch.

I accept the last three chapters are nonsense. But they carry a fair amount of weight-age. All they need is
"रट लेना"

Does that mean money
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

milku3459 wrote:Does that mean money

रट लेना = cram
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

milku3459 wrote:
Omkar_Satapathy wrote:

"रट लेना"

Does that mean money

Nope I mean memorising. The thread chapters are Polymers, Biomolecules and Chemistry in Every Day Life. They only contain theory asked directly without any logic.