What sports have you or still play competitively or regularly?

American Football
0
No votes
Soccer/Association Football
4
29%
Baseball
0
No votes
Hockey
0
No votes
Tennis
0
No votes
Golf
0
No votes
Basketball
0
No votes
Athletics - Track & Field, Cross Country... ect.
5
36%
Cycling
0
No votes
Swimming
2
14%
Rugby
1
7%
Other
2
14%
 
Total votes: 14

United States of America vardar
Musketeer
 
Posts: 70
ESO: VardarB98
Location: USA
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 05:22

I am curious to know what sports ESO members have played or continue to play outside of the greatest sport of them all: AOE III. There has to be at least a few past, present and future Olympians in the community that should shed light on their athletic accomplishments!

I am not able to poll every sport known to man so if I am missing a few... my sincerest apologies!
Don't dream of winning, train for it! - Mohamed Farah
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
ESOC Media Team
 
Posts: 10624
ESO: Jerom_
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 11:15

In b4 flame war about soccer vs football.

I played soccer from my 6th till my 19th, then got benched by an injury for almost 2 years. I wanted to start playing again this year but my old team trains at a time that doesnt fit in my schedule. Also occasionally go running, but not with a lot of consistency lately, sometimes I try to do 5km in 20 minutes for a month or so but at some point it starts raining or freezing so I give up. I want to pick up swimming this year, as a relatively injury-free sport.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016

Age of empires 3 forum
User avatar
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
 
Posts: 4847
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 14:30

I was playing football in a club for several seasons, but injury + leaving my home city ended it. Other than that, I love swimming, usually 2 kms at once about 4 times a week, and I like riding the bike whenever I can, but it's more exhausting and painful. Occasionally I run, too!
My Tips of the Day! :flowers:
get milkt
User avatar
France P i k i l i c
Dragoon
 
Posts: 342
ESO: Pikilic
Location: Dijon, France
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 14:35

Handball is an interesting sport, I really enjoyed playing it for 2, 3 years
RIP ESO-Assistant
User avatar
Korea North milku3459
Dragoon
 
Posts: 421
ESO: jamescheif100
Location: in your base, killing your dudes
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 15:25

I represented my country in friendly sailing competitions for the Optimist class a few years back.
Fun fact: We are REALLY good at Optimist due to our asian sizing :chinese:
"I is Russia spy."
~Donald Trump
Image
User avatar
United States of America sdsanft
Lancer
 
Posts: 952
ESO: sdsanft
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 16:32

I run on my high school track team and ive also run crosscountry. My dad has run multiple marathons including qualifying and running Boston.
Image
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Dragoon
 
Posts: 333
ESO: JakeyBoyTH
Location: New Zealand
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 17:42

milku3459 wrote:I represented my country in friendly sailing competitions for the Optimist class a few years back.
Fun fact: We are REALLY good at Optimist due to our asian sizing :chinese:


I used to sail a bit as well. I got 2nd in a sunburst regatta that was pretty much national. Im too big for an optimist though :/
Image
United States of America vardar
Musketeer
 
Posts: 70
ESO: VardarB98
Location: USA
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 17:50

sdsanft wrote:I run on my high school track team and ive also run crosscountry. My dad has run multiple marathons including qualifying and running Boston.


I do as well! Absolutely love the sport of distance running and am stoked to be continuing it in college next year.

I know Boston is one of those events, if you are a marathoner, that has to be ran just to say you have done it. Maybe that is the case for elsewhere but Boston definitely has a special brand name. And with many more elite American distance runners coming up, it does make it much more interesting for the home audience watching.
Don't dream of winning, train for it! - Mohamed Farah
User avatar
United States of America sdsanft
Lancer
 
Posts: 952
ESO: sdsanft
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 19:31

vardar wrote:
sdsanft wrote:I run on my high school track team and ive also run crosscountry. My dad has run multiple marathons including qualifying and running Boston.


I do as well! Absolutely love the sport of distance running and am stoked to be continuing it in college next year.

I know Boston is one of those events, if you are a marathoner, that has to be ran just to say you have done it. Maybe that is the case for elsewhere but Boston definitely has a special brand name. And with many more elite American distance runners coming up, it does make it much more interesting for the home audience watching.

Yep running is great. I know tedere, gear_head and evilcheadar run track as well but mostly sprints from what I know :/

Also yeah, Boston is pretty big. I watch the highlights every year, and especially since the bombings it's been a huge event for the community.
Image
User avatar
Korea North milku3459
Dragoon
 
Posts: 421
ESO: jamescheif100
Location: in your base, killing your dudes
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Jan 2017, 01:23

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
milku3459 wrote:I represented my country in friendly sailing competitions for the Optimist class a few years back.
Fun fact: We are REALLY good at Optimist due to our asian sizing :chinese:


I used to sail a bit as well. I got 2nd in a sunburst regatta that was pretty much national. Im too big for an optimist though :/


New Zealand sailors are good on anything but Optimist hehe, esp on yachts #respect.
I remember when I went to Qingdao china the New Zealand Opti team got humiliated along with the Aussie boys by my team and the Spaniards in the results :devil: .
"I is Russia spy."
~Donald Trump
Image
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Dragoon
 
Posts: 333
ESO: JakeyBoyTH
Location: New Zealand
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Jan 2017, 04:36

milku3459 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
milku3459 wrote:I represented my country in friendly sailing competitions for the Optimist class a few years back.
Fun fact: We are REALLY good at Optimist due to our asian sizing :chinese:


I used to sail a bit as well. I got 2nd in a sunburst regatta that was pretty much national. Im too big for an optimist though :/


New Zealand sailors are good on anything but Optimist hehe, esp on yachts #respect.
I remember when I went to Qingdao china the New Zealand Opti team got humiliated along with the Aussie boys by my team and the Spaniards in the results :devil: .


Hardly anyone uses an opti in NZ tbf. Usually a laser or a sunburst. You see a few catamarans out there too. Opti's are fun to play around in though haha. Ours were made of plastic so we went around capsizing each other and having bumper cars :)
Image
User avatar
Korea North milku3459
Dragoon
 
Posts: 421
ESO: jamescheif100
Location: in your base, killing your dudes
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Jan 2017, 06:42

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Hardly anyone uses an opti in NZ tbf. Usually a laser or a sunburst. You see a few catamarans out there too. Opti's are fun to play around in though haha. Ours were made of plastic so we went around capsizing each other and having bumper cars :)


I did laser 4.7 too!
Yesh opti bumper cars and capsizing is fun stuff
"I is Russia spy."
~Donald Trump
Image

Forum Info

Return to “Sports”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest