Best curling nation?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Curling master

Canada
33%
Sweden
33%
Other
33%

Total votes: 3

Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Best curling nation?

Post by Mimsy for President »

http://www.worldcurling.org/rankings-men-and-women

I think it's a cool sport. What do you guys think?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ained.html

According to a study done at the University of Jing Dong in China, curling will be more popular than football by 2043. The study is based upon a sample of 10,000 individuals, all homosexuals. PhD Shu Xia - who supervised the study - believes football is also the most capitalistic form of sport.

So, Canada or Sweden?

This post meets the newest requirements stated by musketeer925. [spoiler=10092016]Right from the topic you quoted, I believe this is the issue in question. Use some common sense and write posts that have some substance to them, and they won't get deleted. Don't play dumb like you don't know why it happened.

Let's look at the soda thread for example. You created a poll with a few sodas in it (which at least for me are not even very popular sodas). This was mostly fine. However, in the body of your post consisted of only "Very interesting poll, isn't it?" and a totally irrelevant soundclip. Your post had no substance whatsoever.

However, if the body of your post contained some or all of the following, I think it would not have been deleted:
- A question about which sodas are most popular in people's countries, explaining which are popular and yours and providing some background as to why such a topic interested you
- What your favorite soda was and why
- A justification of why the sodas you chose were included in the poll (where the hell is Coke? Mountain Dew?)
- A link to an article about soda (its affect on health or happiness, etc) and some analysis you wrote about it.

There are plenty of other things you could have done to make it a legitimate post. However, if you continue to post threads that have very little effort or substance put into them you will likely be banned. Time the ESOC staff spends moderating would be much better spent on organizing events, developing tournament and site features, or playing more AoE3. Low-quality posts significantly lower the quality of ESOC as a community not only because it lowers the average post quality on the site, but probably more so because it prevents us from actually spending time to improve the community.[/spoiler]