College Football (Americans only)

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

College Football (Americans only)

Post by sdsanft »

What is your favorite college football team? Who do you think will go to the playoffs this year? Who's gonna win their conference?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: College Football (Americans only)

Post by gibson »

UT and UT. This should be a good year for me
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

Texas looks good this year but i think Houston will go undefeated so watch out for them.

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Tennessee looks like shit. Butch is a terrible coach and should get fired.

For me it's Michigan State. Don't think it's going to be a good year.
mad cuz bad
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Michigan is sh!t because nazinoel lives there.

#stoplockingmythreads
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

n0eL wrote:Tennessee looks like shit. Butch is a terrible coach and should get fired.

For me it's Michigan State. Don't think it's going to be a good year.
lies! Tennessee didn't look good against Appalachian state true, but Appalachian state is a lot better than a lot of people give them credit for and I think Tennessee was looking ahead to Bristol (which is where I should be on my way to now if it wasn't for god damn work), and after we shit on VT today everything will be better. Remember this is a Tennessee team just a few years removed from missing a bowl game and on its fourth coach in 7 years.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

Honestly Tennessee is hyped up every year. Theyre a joke though. Just wait until they have to play against SEC opponents and they'll quickly drop out of the rankings.

No Flag Khez85
Crossbow

Post by Khez85 »

I don't think Tennessee is going to break out this year. As a Michigan fan, I'm deeply familiar with Mike Debord and he's just not a great offensive coordinator (it still boggles my mind as to why Tennessee hired him). He's really the perfect example of a coach who tries to not lose instead of going for the win.

I don't know who will be in the playoff but might as well say Alabama since they're likely guaranteed a spot and seem to always be the favorite to win it all. Alabama is basically the dynasty of the decade and doesn't look like it'll stop anytime soon.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

I'm betting Alabama, Clemson/FSU, Michigan/OSU, Big12 champ/Houston in the playoffs. I think Pac12 will be left out of the playoffs again. I think Clemson will win ACC but FSU does look good this year. In the Big10 I'm not sure who'll win, probs either OSU or Michigan. I think if Houston goes undefeated (which is likely) and Oklahoma wins the Big12 (which I think will probably happen), then they'll definitely make the playoffs. Otherwise then the Big12 champ or maybe the Pac12 champ will make it.

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lol all this hate! Tennessee finished last season 9-4. They led in every single game and all four loses were by single digits. 2 of those loses where to playoff teams and one was a rivalry game. They were literally 4 mistakes away from being undefeated. And they're returning a majority of that team. How are they overrated at 17 lol
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

gibson wrote:Lol all this hate! Tennessee finished last season 9-4. They led in every single game and all four loses were by single digits. 2 of those loses where to playoff teams and one was a rivalry game. They were literally 4 mistakes away from being undefeated. And they're returning a majority of that team. How are they overrated at 17 lol

Because they're gonna play an SEC schedule and they'll probably lose 3-4 close games again. Btw is Josh Dobbs still QB? He was okay but I don't think he has what it takes to be a team leader, and unlike Alabama, Tenessee doesn't have the defense to win without a Heisman-caliber QB.