When you're sick of AOE3

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: When you're sick of AOE3

Post by Laurence Drake »

deleted_user wrote:CoD and that's really it now-a-days. Idk what happened to my video game playability. For instance, I only played fall out 4 for a short time, never got into the witcher 3, nor any other game I've picked up. I used to enjoy all sorts of games (esp. rpgs) when I was younger.

in your old age you realise that life is the best video game.
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

life is a shit video game as thats why aoe at night
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

deleted_user wrote:life is a shit video game as thats why aoe at night

aoe doesn't have tangible rewards like sex and money
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

<edit>
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

deleted_user wrote:CoD and that's really it now-a-days. Idk what happened to my video game playability. For instance, I only played fall out 4 for a short time, never got into the witcher 3, nor any other game I've picked up. I used to enjoy all sorts of games (esp. rpgs) when I was younger.

Cod has been getting worse And worse The jackpack shit And The double jumps killed The game .i miss cod 4 mw2 mw3 cod 5 those were The days :/
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Cod remastered will be good though
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Yeah ever since this futuristic crap its gone downhill apart from bo2
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Jerom wrote:Overwatch, Cities skylines, Dark souls, hearthstone and rocket league are the games that have been keeping me busy during EU morning/early afternoons. Unfortunately all but one of those games are severely rage inducing.

Haha ye can't believe Cities Skylines makes your rage :P
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

I play with my D
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Laurence Drake wrote:

in your old age you realise that life is the best video game.

About time it's released
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

MCJim wrote:
Jerom wrote:Overwatch, Cities skylines, Dark souls, hearthstone and rocket league are the games that have been keeping me busy during EU morning/early afternoons. Unfortunately all but one of those games are severely rage inducing.

Haha ye can't believe Cities Skylines makes your rage :P

Guess you have never had traffic problems :ugly:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Stellaris is addictive but only fun for the first 10 hours.

help me
Top quality poster.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

I have been playing World of Warships this week. It's a free to play with premium purchases. I've gotten enough kills and points to get my 1st Tier II Cruiser purchased with game credits and fully outfitted but still generally suck at not being the first one on my team killed (I do tend to go out in a blaze of glory though -- can anyone say "ramming speed?"). I won't be spending any money on it so it's fun free entertainment. There are jillions playing it so there is usually less than a minute wait for a game. It is pretty much AOE III/AOEO if you commanded only a single warship in a water match but with more precise distance and aiming calculations needed to get hits.

You have to be careful as there is no "safety" concerning friendly fire. You are penalized points for friendly fire incidents and "team killers" end up with their ship indicator turning red. After this, if they continue to torpedo their team any damage is reflected back on them and they are quickly eliminated. Better than the non-system of AOE but a team killer can still sabotage a team. Perhaps they will implement a "pest" list that bans those people from games.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

deleted_user wrote:Cod remastered will be good though

It's not.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

deleted_user wrote:

It's not.

How can you possibly mess up making the exact same thing tho
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:

It's not.

I sense so much bitterness here.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D34Gk7vec5Y[/video]
Howdah

Post by Metis »

I've been playing WOW and it's pretty fun leveling up your ship, training its commander, installing and upgrading modules and attaching guidons that enhance certain abilities. I notice quite a few fully-loaded "premium" ships in the game though. This somewhat baffles me as these things cost upwards of $75-$100 (per ship, and there are several such ships). Half of the fun of a game to me is leveling up and seeing what new thing lies just around the corner. You will eventually gain all the achievements whether you pay or not (I have quite a few of them already and I have barely over 50% wins). I realize that this is how they make their money to continue the game though and I suppose that I have to thank people with more money than sense for providing me free entertainment.

I think that one of the main things that makes the "World Of..." franchise so popular too is the amount of entertaining casters that you now find on YouTube. There is one channel I particularly like; the caster is a retired British Royal Navy petty officer with 22 years service who goes by "The Mighty Jingles"

(https://www.youtube.com/user/BohemianEagle).

Unfortunately, streaming came too late to help AOE III and AOEO much in this way. Even though Interjection and others' streams are fun to watch, they get a few hundred views at most because the gamer population of and interest in AOE III is so low.

You should check out this game. I think AOE III players would really enjoy it.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Metis wrote:I've been playing WOW and it's pretty fun leveling up your ship, training its commander, installing and upgrading modules and attaching guidons that enhance certain abilities. I notice quite a few fully-loaded "premium" ships in the game though. This somewhat baffles me as these things cost upwards of $75-$100 (per ship, and there are several such ships). Half of the fun of a game to me is leveling up and seeing what new thing lies just around the corner. You will eventually gain all the achievements whether you pay or not (I have quite a few of them already and I have barely over 50% wins). I realize that this is how they make their money to continue the game though and I suppose that I have to thank people with more money than sense for providing me free entertainment.

I think that one of the main things that makes the "World Of..." franchise so popular too is the amount of entertaining casters that you now find on YouTube. There is one channel I particularly like; the caster is a retired British Royal Navy petty officer with 22 years service who goes by "The Mighty Jingles"

Unfortunately, streaming came too late to help AOE III and AOEO much in this way. Even though Interjection and others' streams are fun to watch, they get a few hundred views at most because the gamer population of and interest in AOE III is so low.

Yeah world of warcraft is pretty dope i play it too.

username?
Howdah

Post by Metis »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah world of warcraft is pretty dope i play it too.

username?

It's the same as my Steam username for AOE III -- Snargfargle
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

deleted_user wrote:
Metis wrote:I've been playing WOW and it's pretty fun leveling up your ship, training its commander, installing and upgrading modules and attaching guidons that enhance certain abilities. I notice quite a few fully-loaded "premium" ships in the game though. This somewhat baffles me as these things cost upwards of $75-$100 (per ship, and there are several such ships). Half of the fun of a game to me is leveling up and seeing what new thing lies just around the corner. You will eventually gain all the achievements whether you pay or not (I have quite a few of them already and I have barely over 50% wins). I realize that this is how they make their money to continue the game though and I suppose that I have to thank people with more money than sense for providing me free entertainment.

Yeah world of warcraft is pretty dope i play it too.

username?

lordcallen
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

pecelot wrote:[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D34Gk7vec5Y[/video]

Well, in case you didn't watch it, I'll briefly explain — this guy is a professional FPS player that was heavily involved in the old CoD4 Promod community, of course participating in LAN tournaments and such, and basically describes the remastered version as unsuited for competitive gameplay due to lack of modding tools (it took a lot of effort to make transform vanilla CoD4 into Promod), 90 FPS upper limit, some mechanics changed, like leaning is slowed down, edges, ramps, jumps, no more bouncing etc.
Also, afaik, it's available only for those who purchased IW, right? If so, that sucks a bit :hmm:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Pokemon Showdown, Dragon age multiplayer.
My favorite strategy on showdown is the truant durant block trolling.
Error 404: Signature not found