Battlefield 1 is the most overrated game of the year

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Re: Battlefield 1 is the most overrated game of the year

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

BF1 is pretty amazing i think. It is beautiful, realistic as far as shooters go. I will say it is challenging. I don't play a lot but have played it as a sniper mostly and generally get killed more than I deal out, or do have long pauses waiting for some to pass. I love how interactive the maps are and the battle damage done by tanks. I mean come on, floating zepplins, armored trains, forts and castles cavalry, battle ships, bi-planes, basic weapons, melee variety. this game is pretty cool.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:BF1 is pretty amazing i think. It is beautiful, realistic as far as shooters go. I will say it is challenging. I don't play a lot but have played it as a sniper mostly and generally get killed more than I deal out, or do have long pauses waiting for some to pass. I love how interactive the maps are and the battle damage done by tanks. I mean come on, floating zepplins, armored trains, forts and castles cavalry, battle ships, bi-planes, basic weapons, melee variety. this game is pretty cool.

oh so you're one of the camp snipers that makes my team lose
Top quality poster.
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

Laurence Drake wrote:
Panmaster wrote:Way too PC due to Dice being in Sweden and historically inaccurate.

Infinite Warfare looks to be way more exciting and I hate the dumbed-down to hell, made for the consoles and constant press E non-stop action for the ADHD kids COD series.

You do realise infinite warfare is part of the CoD series?

That's what I put. I read that Battlefield 1 is becoming more like COD all the time. I often refer to Battlefield 4 as "COD with vehicles".

Why can't they just remake Battlefield 2?
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Laurence Drake wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:BF1 is pretty amazing i think. It is beautiful, realistic as far as shooters go. I will say it is challenging. I don't play a lot but have played it as a sniper mostly and generally get killed more than I deal out, or do have long pauses waiting for some to pass. I love how interactive the maps are and the battle damage done by tanks. I mean come on, floating zepplins, armored trains, forts and castles cavalry, battle ships, bi-planes, basic weapons, melee variety. this game is pretty cool.

i wish.... im not that good.... I get a few good hits, but mainly i fire into the wind. I still have fun with it though, with the advent like VR tech this game would be pretty immersive, and i already feel it is.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:

i wish.... im not that good.... I get a few good hits, but mainly i fire into the wind. I still have fun with it though, with the advent like VR tech this game would be pretty immersive, and i already feel it is.

just take off the scope and capture objectives. it's way more fun that way.
Top quality poster.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

oh I like riding in the tanks, and cavalry sometimes too.... I'm even worse at planes so I don't do them much except for some variety. I change classes occasionally as well, but I find sights hard to use, the gun blocks too much of the screen, then the recoil makes me move etc... or I get sniped 50 times.

I really like sitting on tops of buildings and castle walls and defending that way. there is this one smaller map with a windmill... I love it.

I sometimes play battlefront if I want to be a 'hero' as its much easier to see and play and well I also think the skilled player base is easier (though some people have ridiculous k/d ratios) I do pretty good in that game.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:oh I like riding in the tanks, and cavalry sometimes too.... I'm even worse at planes so I don't do them much except for some variety. I change classes occasionally as well, but I find sights hard to use, the gun blocks too much of the screen, then the recoil makes me move etc... or I get sniped 50 times.

I really like sitting on tops of buildings and castle walls and defending that way. there is this one smaller map with a windmill... I love it.

I sometimes play battlefront if I want to be a 'hero' as its much easier to see and play and well I also think the skilled player base is easier (though some people have ridiculous k/d ratios) I do pretty good in that game.

you can avoid getting sniped if you go prone on the flags. if you're having trouble with the guns switch to your pistol, they're easy to hipfire at close range. also spot with your flare.
Top quality poster.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah, i still want to be the pro sniper though..... I love getting those long shots, making people on edge and using their respawns to seek out for revenge :)
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Pro snipers play aggressive
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

laurence, have you joined xXx_F4Z3_xXx or 0pt1C_ clan already?
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

no
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

nob
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

nope
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

yesh
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCYjzwSsEh8[/video]
Top quality poster.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

not sure I played that level, one of the things I think the game is missing is more trench fighting. i was expecting a map with rows of trenches to advance in and maybe play capture the flag or like battle front turning point.