buy computer?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

buy computer?

Post by giveuanxiety »

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z1 ... nfigurator

http://www.ibuypower.com/Site/Computer/Desktops

It says no windows is included. What does that mean exactly and how much is that by itself?
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Re: buy computer?

Post by sirmusket »

giveuanxiety wrote:http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z170-Core-i5-Configurator

http://www.ibuypower.com/Site/Computer/Desktops

It says no windows is included. What does that mean exactly and how much is that by itself?

windows cost like 100 dollars or so, its just like microsoft, powerpoint/word etc if im not wrong.. It's not a big deal if your only going to use it for aoe3, I dont have windows on my gaming comp, but I have a school comp with windows for my school work, hope I helped :)
No Flag odysseus
Crossbow

Post by odysseus »

I have never bought Windows in my life. Torrent it, the latest x64 version came out a few days ago.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Windows is 110 euros. By the way, I'm pretty sure you can find better comps than that for 900$...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

iNcog wrote:W10 is like $20 if you know where to look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

Those keys are legit, I bought 4 keys off of them. two of them were duds, I sent a screenshot to the seller who swapped me out with working keys. great deals

How in the hell is that legal? lol
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

The thing probably is, it's not entirely... :hmm:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Don't buy that lol. That's an awful deal. A 6600k, 470 and 8 gb of ram for what's going to be 1k if you buy Windows 10 from Microsoft? That's a ripoff lol
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Shameless plugs to: Reddit.com/r/buildapc and Reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards

Generally speaking, you should be able to maximize cost efficiency and performance by buying the individual parts of a pc and assembling it yourself. There are many many resources out there to do so and with sufficient research, is entirely reasonable to do so. For instance pcpartpicker has a compatibility function (do all your parts work together?) and recommended build presets. Of course you run the risk of screwing something up when assembling, but proper tutorials should negate this and mindfulness to regulrly discharge built up static electricity.

Building your own pc also bypasses the fact that many prebuilts oversell in areas that are falsely needed (I.e. a processor that is disproportionally better than its surrounding components) and undersells other areas (I.e. Lower graphics card or no SSD).

The second half of this is a mechanical keyboard which is another beast of its own. Now I suppose this isn't for everyone, but I can imagine a keyboard that comes with a pc/monitor bundle may not be of a particular quality. There are many mechinals out there for under or around $100 that are simply beautiful machines. Mechanicals have a variety of switches on them (namely the various cherry mx switches) that must be researched to find your preferred kind.

A monitor is buy and large a monitor.

Of course there is always some ratio of research:time:cost:convienence that differs for each person in matters like these but I took the above route and really don't regret it one bit and learned a lot!

For reference: my pc (excluding monitor, keyboard, and mouse) ran me ~$1k when I built t two years ago and I can play new AAA games on max graphics like fallout 4. The specs are in my twitch channel info my thumbs are getting awfully tired typing all this on my phone. I'm sure the prices for the same computer have depreciated since then seeing how fast the pc specs industry moves and how quickly parts can become obsolete.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:Shameless plugs to: Reddit.com/r/buildapc and Reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards

Generally speaking, you should be able to maximize cost efficiency and performance by buying the individual parts of a pc and assembling it yourself. There are many many resources out there to do so and with sufficient research, is entirely reasonable to do so. For instance pcpartpicker has a compatibility function (do all your parts work together?) and recommended build presets. Of course you run the risk of screwing something up when assembling, but proper tutorials should negate this and mindfulness to regulrly discharge built up static electricity.

Building your own pc also bypasses the fact that many prebuilts oversell in areas that are falsely needed (I.e. a processor that is disproportionally better than its surrounding components) and undersells other areas (I.e. Lower graphics card or no SSD).

The second half of this is a mechanical keyboard which is another beast of its own. Now I suppose this isn't for everyone, but I can imagine a keyboard that comes with a pc/monitor bundle may not be of a particular quality. There are many mechinals out there for under or around $100 that are simply beautiful machines. Mechanicals have a variety of switches on them (namely the various cherry mx switches) that must be researched to find your preferred kind.

A monitor is buy and large a monitor.

Of course there is always some ratio of research:time:cost:convienence that differs for each person in matters like these but I took the above route and really don't regret it one bit and learned a lot!

For reference: my pc (excluding monitor, keyboard, and mouse) ran me ~$1k when I built t two years ago and I can play new AAA games on max graphics like fallout 4. The specs are in my twitch channel info my thumbs are getting awfully tired typing all this on my phone. I'm sure the prices for the same computer have depreciated since then seeing how fast the pc specs industry moves and how quickly parts can become obsolete.
yea even sircallens build thats 2 years old is alot better than the build op linked. His has an ssd and the 970 is a decent amount better than a 470
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Definitely don't buy those computers, seems like poor deals and I don't even know about the quality.

I can get Windows for very cheap (like 5 dollars) because I'm a student. Maybe there are deals for you as well, if you are studying.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

check this out http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bes ... 90.html#p6

For 1000 u can get a 6600k and a GTX 1070. It will poop on any iBuyPower PC for that price.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah that's pretty much what I said but in a lot less wurds ^
No Flag querty
Skirmisher

Post by querty »

That Psu is still bad. A i5/6500 and a gtx 1070 configuration would need 300 Watt at max with all peripheire included. Get a decent BQ SP 10 400 Watt.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

^^ because a Corsair RM750X is worse than a 300W PSU yes. Never go for a cheap PSU u will regret it. Amperage is essential for a Power Supply. You don't buy a cheap case for an iPhone, so why buy a cheap power supply for a computer?
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Don't buy from ibuypower or cyberpower. From what i've heard, they use cheap low quality parts and have poor customer service. If you are going prebuilt, then buy from a company that has good customer service reviews, as those companies usually burn-in test your PC (Accelerated CPU/GPU Testing to make sure it works). The new alienwares are pretty good, if you want those. The aurora R5 has a deal right now for $1200 you get core i7 16gb ram, a gtx 1070, and a decent psu (also, windows 10). Getting a overclocked PC these days is silly, because out of box speeds are pretty good, and can crash many of the newest games (Lazy Developers, poor optimization, etc).
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag querty
Skirmisher

Post by querty »

That is the Point A be quiet straight Power is top notch and a lot bettet than a rx for sure..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

noissance wrote:Don't buy from ibuypower or cyberpower. From what i've heard, they use cheap low quality parts and have poor customer service. If you are going prebuilt, then buy from a company that has good customer service reviews, as those companies usually burn-in test your PC (Accelerated CPU/GPU Testing to make sure it works). The new alienwares are pretty good, if you want those. The aurora R5 has a deal right now for $1200 you get core i7 16gb ram, a gtx 1070, and a decent psu (also, windows 10). Getting a overclocked PC these days is silly, because out of box speeds are pretty good, and can crash many of the newest games (Lazy Developers, poor optimization, etc).
Well the difference between an unlocked processor(6600 vs 660k or 6700 vs 6700k for example) is like 10-20 bucks in most cases so I think its fine getting a processor with overclocking ability just in case you might want to do it down the road
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

gibson wrote:
noissance wrote:Don't buy from ibuypower or cyberpower. From what i've heard, they use cheap low quality parts and have poor customer service. If you are going prebuilt, then buy from a company that has good customer service reviews, as those companies usually burn-in test your PC (Accelerated CPU/GPU Testing to make sure it works). The new alienwares are pretty good, if you want those. The aurora R5 has a deal right now for $1200 you get core i7 16gb ram, a gtx 1070, and a decent psu (also, windows 10). Getting a overclocked PC these days is silly, because out of box speeds are pretty good, and can crash many of the newest games (Lazy Developers, poor optimization, etc).
Well the difference between an unlocked processor(6600 vs 660k or 6700 vs 6700k for example) is like 10-20 bucks in most cases so I think its fine getting a processor with overclocking ability just in case you might want to do it down the road

Past a quad core, it's diminishing returns at this point. At least until a node shrink or some competition from AMD.
Error 404: Signature not found