AOE 1 Remake zeitgeist

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

AOE 1 Remake zeitgeist

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

The energy to remake the classic ancient style AOE 1 game is popping up every where!

there is the AOE 1 HD remake using the AOE 3 engine (looks amazing still trying to make the trial work) DL here http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empire ... n/articles
there is Empires Apart set release this year (unfortunately I think they have much work to do from what I saw last)
and I just found 0 A.D. Empires Ascendant on youtube. available for DL here http://www.moddb.com/games/0-ad/downloads

While its awesome some of the games will be free they do not have the budget for mass awareness to really get people playing.
Microsoft needs to take notice how the popularity is rising and needs to start investing in the creation for a AAA+++ quality game. that can be brought to light for the whole world.

are there any other comparable games trying to make the market?
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Re: AOE 1 Remake zeitgeist

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:Microsoft needs to take notice how the popularity is rising and needs to start investing in the creation for a AAA+++ quality game.

we all would love to see such a game, but, same problem as always, why, as a company like microsoft, invest millions in a cool, balanced AAA+++ strategy game when you can generate way more money with generic shooter crap / online games where you can buy funky hats with online coins for real money with lil to no production cost..

EDIT: i think the problem here are really the meny meny customers who actually buy such crap, proving companies that they can make huge profit with boring, generic and easy-to-produce software, gaming like 15-20 years ago when all those cool RTS series started was totally different, a company made a game bec the producers would love to play such a game and for the whole gaming-scene, but with the popularity of videogames nowadays big companies regard a videogame as an investment and not as a product..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:there is Empires Apart set release this year (unfortunately I think they have much work to do from what I saw last)

i hypped for this game, i hope they are able to deliver it as promissed. looks great.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Because they should be ashamed that people in their spare time are dedicated to and making better updated games than they have.

Because Microsoft is a legacy company and needs to build its brand of games beyond money grabs and perpetuate its dedicated pro gaming line.

Because Microsoft should do BOTH. making gaming apps for mobiles and for pro gamers.

This 0 A.d. looks real nice. They might be too late to the game in this case, but someone needs to help market it. Maybe microsoft should nail the castle age.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

lemmings121 wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:there is Empires Apart set release this year (unfortunately I think they have much work to do from what I saw last)

i hypped for this game, i hope they are able to deliver it as promissed. looks great.

I was too until I found 0 ad and aoe1 hd.

empires apart seems so unfinished for a game to be released this year. Either it will be set back or be rushed. Still no hunting, lack of civs, lack of units etc....

0 AD though im just discovering looks like what the game should be. Im pretty amazed and will DL it soon.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yes, we know about the AoE1 remake, there's a thread already.
Lancer

howlingwolfpaw wrote:Because they should be ashamed that people in their spare time are dedicated to and making better updated games than they have.

Because Microsoft is a legacy company and needs to build its brand of games beyond money grabs and perpetuate its dedicated pro gaming line.

Because Microsoft should do BOTH. making gaming apps for mobiles and for pro gamers.

totally agree w that.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

I was too until I found 0 ad and aoe1 hd.

empires apart seems so unfinished for a game to be released this year. Either it will be set back or be rushed. Still no hunting, lack of civs, lack of units etc....

0 AD though im just discovering looks like what the game should be. Im pretty amazed and will DL it soon.

yes i have no idea if they will be able to deliver a proper game, but considering that they are able to, it looks like something i would buy 10/10.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

same here @lemmings121 i like how they are giving units abilities. but.... i am just not sure its a full dynamic game.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

dang this post was moved to a section no one visits!
Lancer

hehe welcome to the underground of the town center :P
only the nerdiest binary nocturnal creatures of this forum dig that deep...
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah not a fan of how they broke it into smaller rooms. its like if they broke the stratedgy room into one for nilla, WC, and TAD, civs, or the TR room into NR 10,20,40 etc...
Lancer

im kinda surprised that this thread doesnt show up in the "active topics" thingy (top right on home page) anymore, seems like not all active threads from all forums are posted there..but ok
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Lancer

kami_ryu wrote:there's an option somewhere you can check so that threads in off topic show up in your side bar.

ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

thanks man, i changed it.