Is Microsoft aware of our increasing community?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

We've got quite a community now, large and united, even 900 viewers for the finals of the last tournament. Microsoft should know about our increasing community.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Microsoft be like

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4qJR8J0SfMHmgfEQqovXy9Y0m2M=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3791004/Nick_Cage_Laugh.0.gif"]
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

shaolinstar wrote:Microsoft be like

[img]https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4qJR8J0SfMHmgfEQqovXy9Y0m2M=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3791004/Nick_Cage_Laugh.0.gif[/img]
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ovi12 wrote:We''ve got quite a community now, large and united, even 900 viewers for the finals of the last tournament. Microsoft should know about our increasing community.
Lol. Microsoft doesn''t care about a game where the biggest tourney draws 900 viewers. Maybe if it was 100x they would notice.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

microsoft's not interested in small change, they want to see the big money!! :D
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Probably Microsoft forgot age of empires series. He thinks a lot more at starcraft2 and league of legends I am sure.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

marco1698 wrote:Probably Microsoft forgot age of empires series. He thinks a lot more at starcraft2 and league of legends I am sure.

Their strategy has been for years to do as little as possible and squeeze the most possible money out of it. The concept / businesscase for a successor in the series is still not decided upon.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

at very least they're keeping ESO up
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Unity!? Fuck that...
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

incog wrote:at very least they''re keeping ESO up
valid point... we should all shut up &' hope they don''t shut it down... :happy:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Sure 900 is not a lot, but what's important is that it shows potential
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

neuron wrote:The fact that they quickly made a new forum for their AOE franchise shows not only they''re aware of our forum, but they''re already panicked and acting out of desperation.
Why''d this make them panick?

Maybe they are aware of it and hoped people that post here would also post on their new forums. That is after all the first forum new players are going to find.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

panic?

lol.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

neuron wrote:The fact that they quickly made a new forum for their AOE franchise shows not only they''re aware of our forum, but they''re already panicked and acting out of desperation.
Their new forum is awful and they even know it.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Either that or it shows that the launch of their forum coincided with that of yours.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

thread raises a good question
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

what about asking them and btw a business won't care if they can't make money off of something or if they can't polish their image.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

zoom wrote:
neuron wrote:The fact that they quickly made a new forum for their AOE franchise shows not only theyre aware of our forum, but theyre already panicked and acting out of desperation.
Either that or it shows that the launch of their forum coincided with that of yours.

mind = blown
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

aoefan4life wrote:
neuron wrote:The fact that they quickly made a new forum for their AOE franchise shows not only theyre aware of our forum, but theyre already panicked and acting out of desperation.
Their new forum is awful and they even know it.
It really is, its just really ugly. I like this one much and much better. Also, dont really like the fact that aoe:m, aoe2 and aoe3 communities are supposed to be merged there.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

jerom wrote:
aoefan4life wrote:Their new forum is awful and they even know it.
It really is, its just really ugly. I like this one much and much better. Also, dont really like the fact that aoe:m, aoe2 and aoe3 communities are supposed to be merged there.
^ that shuld be a horrible idea, cuz aoe2 &' aoe3 have a few similar civs, tho completely different in gameplay.... it would be a nightmare discussing strats.. :surprised:

feeling lazy someone link me to their new forums?
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

benj89 wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Microsoft be like

[img style="max-width:100%'" alt="" src="https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4qJR8J0SfMHmgfEQqovXy9Y0m2M=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3791004/Nick_Cage_Laugh.0.gif"]
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I can see it now. Satya Nadella, ceo of microsoft, doing what all ceo normally do, that is talking on the phone in a luxury office on the 50th floor of a Microsoft complex in silicone valley. Suddenly, things start to go haywire. Lights are flashing from every screen in his office, and several security guards burst through the door.

"Sir, theres a situation."

Amy Hood, cfo of microsoft walks through the door.

" Sir, I''m afraid the worst has happened. The few faithful followers of aoe3 have banded together on their own private forum. I''m sure you know what this means."

A bead of sweat runs down his furrowed brow.

"I had hoped it wouldn''t come to this. You know what we must do."

Quickly, Amy and Satya run over to a computer. Bending over it, Satya begins clicking furiously while Amy watches.

"We don''t have much time. We must create our own forum before they get to powerful. Our own forum will draw traffic away from their website and to ours."

"Sir, pardon me, but that forum looks kind of....uh.....shitty."

Satya shoots her a frown.

"Like I said, we don''t have much time. This will have to do for now."

Satisfied, he looks over his work.

"It''s ready." he proclaimed proudly.

The crisis averted, the ceo and cfo return to their respective jobs, but in the back of their minds they plot the next course of action that must be taken when the cult following of aoe3 begins to rise again.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

zoom wrote:
Agreed. There is no way they, with their minuscule AoE team, began working on that after ESO community became a significant pressure. That new forum has surely been in the works for a long time.