Poll : TTM tourney

Would you be interested in a Time to micro tournament ?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 56

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Poll : TTM tourney

Post by Kaiserklein »

But it's unbalanced, while ttm is 100% fair, and relies only on mechanics.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Regular games are unbalanced, too! :idea:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

pecelot wrote:Cards scenario is also pretty micro-intensive and it's growing in popularity, perhaps that would be a better theme for a potential event :?
Yes! Frankly I never thought TTM was all that great of a scen. Cards on the other hand seems quite good. Seemed decently balanced to me.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

pecelot wrote:Regular games are unbalanced, too! :idea:

Does it mean it's a good thing ? If we could make it balanced, we would. With ttm, you for once have something 100% fair.
Also in a regular game you have a ton of factors that make you be able to still win despite unbalances. In cards, I'm pretty sure it's like starve and you can very quickly figure out that there is 1 clear top civ and a couple BOs to win.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Why do we need to choose one?
If its a one day thing then we can have both..

Card game is certainly more fun and strategic.. But is still evolving, on balance side.

Ttm could be a nice start.. A tournament only focused on micro part.. To find out who has the best micro, and maybe showcase the powerful effect of it to everyone.

Card game can follow later after 2-3 weeks.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

drsingh wrote:Why do we need to choose one?

Card game is certainly more fun and strategic.. But is still evolving, on balance side.

Ttm could be a nice start.. A tournament only focused on micro part.. To find out who has the best micro, and maybe showcase the powerful effect of it to everyone.

Ye that's what we'll be doing, as long as the format goes well. If it doesn't we'll try a different one.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

the problem with cards is that it is the person who makes an army first that wins as long as the other person does not kill the tc in 1 minute (or is it 2?). its not a lot of time to do that even though they may have won the battle but it forces them to use more cards...
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:FFA torney is way better

On Ceylon right? I don't think I've ever seen you play on another map.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

drsingh wrote:Why do we need to choose one?

I think someone should run a poll gauging community interest before we rush to host a cards tourney. There is a proven interest in TTM though - tons of people have responded positively whenever the idea of a tourney has come up.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:
pecelot wrote:Regular games are unbalanced, too! :idea:

Does it mean it's a good thing ? If we could make it balanced, we would. With ttm, you for once have something 100% fair.
Also in a regular game you have a ton of factors that make you be able to still win despite unbalances. In cards, I'm pretty sure it's like starve and you can very quickly figure out that there is 1 clear top civ and a couple BOs to win.

It does mean it's not a bad thing. Cards games are relatively short, so I'd imagine even in early stages of the tournament series to be at least BO5.
Starve was an awesome idea, it just lacked proper civ restrictions. We could implement a couple here — nevertheless, Inter is still working on it to be balanced, which is a much easier task than to fix the entire game, as it's just a scenario :idea:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you want to do it in 1 day it's gonna be hard to do BO5 from the early stages
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

cards is just a better time to micro tbh
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Cards is probs more "funny" but time to micro rewards more the mechanics. It's just not the same purpose. You play cards for fun, you play ttm to improve your micro and apm (and also for fun ofc).
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Does the purpose matter? The question is whether it's fun in a tournament setting. I think a more strategic scenario like cards would be much more fun to watch and to cast (and imo to play, although that is quite subjective). It still rewards mechanics plenty. If it has balance issues I'm sure those can be fixed.
Great Britain CripSAV
Crossbow
ESO: RevolutionX

Post by CripSAV »

TTM will just be too repetitive, same units etc. Whereas cards there are a variety of civs, units and tactics... Just my opinion.
"Mosks + kavs"
"Skins + gons"
- Kickass, ladies and gentlemen.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Goodspeed wrote:Does the purpose matter? The question is whether it's fun in a tournament setting. I think a more strategic scenario like cards would be much more fun to watch and to cast (and imo to play, although that is quite subjective). It still rewards mechanics plenty. If it has balance issues I'm sure those can be fixed.

Yes the purpose matters. A different purpose means it potentially targets different kind of players. That's why you can't really compare cards and ttm imo, and that's why hosting both of those would be nice. It's like, say, a 1v1 and a team tourney. It's just different.
I would, for my part, rather cast/watch a ttm tourney than a cards tourney, it's just my style. But I can ofc understand that other people have a different taste.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

CripSAV wrote:TTM will just be too repetitive, same units etc. Whereas cards there are a variety of civs, units and tactics... Just my opinion.

Well tbh, just like we have different maps in a 1v1 series, we could have different ttm with different units. Could even imagine players vetoing some maps etc like in a real tourney. But it would require a lot of work to create new (good) ttms.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Lol it's not either/or we are going to do a Cards tournament as well. TTM just had more interest originally so it'll be first.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Brazil VITAOOOOOOOOO1
Skirmisher
ESO: VITAOOOOOOOOO1

Post by VITAOOOOOOOOO1 »

Papist wrote:
VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:FFA torney is way better

On Ceylon right? I don't think I've ever seen you play on another map.

i kidding i never play FFA and never play ceylon :hehe:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

HAHAHA VITAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO U IS SO FUNNY
Brazil VITAOOOOOOOOO1
Skirmisher
ESO: VITAOOOOOOOOO1

Post by VITAOOOOOOOOO1 »

Kaiserklein wrote:HAHAHA VITAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO U IS SO FUNNY

hohohooooooooooooooooooooo
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Time to micro tourney idea is good, but also ps;
Feeling so bad for the people who can't go further away from making only mercs or playing a time to micro scenario,
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Breeze are you really that salty because you still didn't find the dot on your keyboard ?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

shud be one round cards one round ttm and one round a normal 1v1 sup bo 3! id watch that for sure
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP