Chinese

Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Chinese

Post by grizzgolf »

What are the Pros and Cons of the Chinese?
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Re: Chinese

Post by P i k i l i c »

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9722

Chinese Civilization Overview - by Sdsanft
[spoiler=spoiler]
sdsanft wrote:Image
A Brief Overview of China by sdsanft
Special thanks to GoodSpeed, _H2O, Mitoe, Diarouga, uhlan, n0el, _hidddy, Couprider and Tedere12 for sharing their knowledge and helping me write the article.

Pros:
Cost-effective units
Good unit shipments in all ages
Strong explorer who can train disciples and tanks even more hp in cover mode
Villages can garrison villagers, fatten livestock, serve as a shipment point and provide 220 max pop
Scales well into the gameplay
Cost-effective units
Ranged hand cav
Very strong fortress options
Old han

Cons:
Slow-starting eco without porcelain tower
Non-standard villager shipments (They have to choose between a discovery shipment or a colonial one)
Can play many strategies available but have difficulty adjusting or switching between them
Unideal unit compositions
Poor colonial cavalry (making them rely on a military shipment in order to semi-ff)
No musketeer unit in colonial except for those available from consulate
Since units have to be trained in conjunction with another type of unit, china can be challenged by a better composition.
No decent ranged cavalry (other than manchu shipment)
Poor age 3 artillery

Common Builds

Standard FF
Chop 100w for a village or a tp
Ship Northern Refugees
Age with Summer Palace
Ship 700c then 700w, only ship military if necessary
Age with Porcelain Tower or Confucian Academy
Use your tech advantage, strong unit shipments and cost-effective units to defeat your opponent
viewtopic.php?t=928

This build is the most common build you’ll be using as China, if you’re ever sure of what build to play, pick this one. Whenever possible get a tp in age1 and only age with Confucian academy if you need the skirms to survive.

Mitoe’s Eco FF
Chop for a village, ship Northern Refugees
Age with Summer Palace, don’t use any vills to make wonder
Gather 1000c in transition, then switch all to food
Ship 700w then 300e or 600w
Age with Porcelain tower

This build is slower than the standard FF but has a much better eco. Use this when you know you won’t be facing early pressure like vs a boom civ.

Colonial Timing Attack
Chop 100w for a village
Ship Northern Refugees
Age with Summer Palace
Ship 700w, follow up with 300e or a military shipment
Mass old han and ship cons musk
Attack when you’re army is at its strongest compared to your opponents (usually right after a military shipment)

Use this build vs any aggressive civ when you’re unsure if you can age safely. Be careful and make sure to attack at the optimal time because if you’re timing fails to do damage you will likely lose.

Other Builds

Disciple Rush
Don’t chop any wood, only make 1 village
Ship Northern Refugees
Age as soon as possible with White Pagoda
Attack immediately with disciples, try to idle vills and trap unit batches as soon as they pop
Follow up with military shipment

Tedere’s Semi-ff
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9692#p208787

Couprider’s Flamethrower Builds
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9498

Couprider’s FI
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9498&p=208776#p205220

Acergame’s FF
https://youtu.be/rtZ1n5EDoBc
https://youtu.be/MfPxhuEYooY

In the Meta:
This is a real debatable one. While I was interviewing players the results were very mixed. Some said that China struggles in the TP meta and that most civs can beat China with either a cav semi ff or a colonial timing. Others said that China can handle almost any civ but aren’t necessarily top tier. The standard FF is still usually the build to go with however in the recent more greedy meta eco builds are more common. Colonial builds generally tend to be stronger at lower levels where players tend to scout less and struggle to adapt, though they can still be viable at higher levels. China is best on maps with herdables though they are generally less map dependent than other civs.

Sdsanft’s Thoughts:
China is a civ I’ve only started playing quite recently but I’ve been able to learn to play them quite quickly and they’re definitely a civ i enjoy playing and feel comfortable with. As everyone knows, China has a very strong ff but I also enjoy using some of their other strats such as a disciple rush or a colonial consulate timing. These strats are very underrated in my opinion and surprising my opponent with them is always a fun thing to do.
[/spoiler]
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Re: Chinese

Post by sdsanft »

P i k i l i c wrote:http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9722

Chinese Civilization Overview - by Sdsanft
[spoiler=spoiler]
sdsanft wrote:Image
A Brief Overview of China by sdsanft
Special thanks to GoodSpeed, _H2O, Mitoe, Diarouga, uhlan, n0el, _hidddy, Couprider and Tedere12 for sharing their knowledge and helping me write the article.

Pros:
Cost-effective units
Good unit shipments in all ages
Strong explorer who can train disciples and tanks even more hp in cover mode
Villages can garrison villagers, fatten livestock, serve as a shipment point and provide 220 max pop
Scales well into the gameplay
Cost-effective units
Ranged hand cav
Very strong fortress options
Old han

Cons:
Slow-starting eco without porcelain tower
Non-standard villager shipments (They have to choose between a discovery shipment or a colonial one)
Can play many strategies available but have difficulty adjusting or switching between them
Unideal unit compositions
Poor colonial cavalry (making them rely on a military shipment in order to semi-ff)
No musketeer unit in colonial except for those available from consulate
Since units have to be trained in conjunction with another type of unit, china can be challenged by a better composition.
No decent ranged cavalry (other than manchu shipment)
Poor age 3 artillery

Common Builds

Standard FF
Chop 100w for a village or a tp
Ship Northern Refugees
Age with Summer Palace
Ship 700c then 700w, only ship military if necessary
Age with Porcelain Tower or Confucian Academy
Use your tech advantage, strong unit shipments and cost-effective units to defeat your opponent
viewtopic.php?t=928

This build is the most common build you’ll be using as China, if you’re ever sure of what build to play, pick this one. Whenever possible get a tp in age1 and only age with Confucian academy if you need the skirms to survive.

Mitoe’s Eco FF
Chop for a village, ship Northern Refugees
Age with Summer Palace, don’t use any vills to make wonder
Gather 1000c in transition, then switch all to food
Ship 700w then 300e or 600w
Age with Porcelain tower

This build is slower than the standard FF but has a much better eco. Use this when you know you won’t be facing early pressure like vs a boom civ.

Colonial Timing Attack
Chop 100w for a village
Ship Northern Refugees
Age with Summer Palace
Ship 700w, follow up with 300e or a military shipment
Mass old han and ship cons musk
Attack when you’re army is at its strongest compared to your opponents (usually right after a military shipment)

Use this build vs any aggressive civ when you’re unsure if you can age safely. Be careful and make sure to attack at the optimal time because if you’re timing fails to do damage you will likely lose.

Other Builds

Disciple Rush
Don’t chop any wood, only make 1 village
Ship Northern Refugees
Age as soon as possible with White Pagoda
Attack immediately with disciples, try to idle vills and trap unit batches as soon as they pop
Follow up with military shipment

Tedere’s Semi-ff
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9692#p208787

Couprider’s Flamethrower Builds
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9498

Couprider’s FI
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9498&p=208776#p205220

Acergame’s FF
https://youtu.be/rtZ1n5EDoBc
https://youtu.be/MfPxhuEYooY

In the Meta:
This is a real debatable one. While I was interviewing players the results were very mixed. Some said that China struggles in the TP meta and that most civs can beat China with either a cav semi ff or a colonial timing. Others said that China can handle almost any civ but aren’t necessarily top tier. The standard FF is still usually the build to go with however in the recent more greedy meta eco builds are more common. Colonial builds generally tend to be stronger at lower levels where players tend to scout less and struggle to adapt, though they can still be viable at higher levels. China is best on maps with herdables though they are generally less map dependent than other civs.

Sdsanft’s Thoughts:
China is a civ I’ve only started playing quite recently but I’ve been able to learn to play them quite quickly and they’re definitely a civ i enjoy playing and feel comfortable with. As everyone knows, China has a very strong ff but I also enjoy using some of their other strats such as a disciple rush or a colonial consulate timing. These strats are very underrated in my opinion and surprising my opponent with them is always a fun thing to do.
[/spoiler]

Some of my best work :kinggreen:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around