Is AOE4 a reality???

No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Re: Is AOE4 a reality???

Post by OrangeRage »

Oh ya... Age of Empires Online was a straight up shitty cash grabbin game. Please don't try and legitimize AOEO or we'll keep getting worse and worse content.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

what is this?
shit juice :hmm:
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

queenofdestiny wrote:what is this?

a generic "aoe4 is definitely coming one day eventually maybe hopefully pls microsoft dont let RTS die whilst we are forced to watch boring COD-shooter crap taking over the world" -thread.

IAmSoldieR wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:very doubtful a new AOE would come out anytime soon. Also I'm so tired of these AOE4 topics, AOE4 was released like 3 years ago... you are late to the party. It was called Age of Empires Online. If you are looking for a new age of empires game at least have the correct title and ask if age of empires 5 is coming out.

Then aom was aoe3?

you forgot the Empire Earth Series + Addons. Aoe3 is like at least Aoe7 !!!
..and we are still discussing bout Aoe4. pathetic.
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

AOE4 is a scarcely more realistic prospect than HL3.

Company of Heroes 3 is the only real hope left for RTS.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Panmaster wrote:AOE4 is a scarcely more realistic prospect than HL3.

Yeah, fuck warcraft 4.
r]
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:very doubtful a new AOE would come out anytime soon. Also I'm so tired of these AOE4 topics, AOE4 was released like 3 years ago... you are late to the party. It was called Age of Empires Online. If you are looking for a new age of empires game at least have the correct title and ask if age of empires 5 is coming out.

Then aom was aoe3?

There you have it bois, we're already playing AoE4! Case closed, it's the reality.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Gichtenlord wrote:

Yeah, fuck warcraft 4.

Is that one likely though? RTS genre is dying, why would blizzard ruin the only real rts alive that they own themselves by releasing a new one?
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

I think the news I was referring to is around 9 march 2016 when Bill Gates responded to make a new AOE:
https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid ... ll+gates&*
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Panmaster wrote:Company of Heroes 3 is the only real hope left for RTS.

i thought so too, but then company of heroes 2 was nowhere near company of heroes 1, i dont know why they changed a working system with the best tactical micro options (in all RTS games i ever played) to this..CoH2 was so promising..
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Jerom wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

Yeah, fuck warcraft 4.

Is that one likely though? RTS genre is dying, why would blizzard ruin the only real rts alive that they own themselves by releasing a new one?

Yeah it will take some more years.
In my opinion warcraft4 would be the only game besides maybe aoe4 to actually attract non-rts players.
1. the moba genre pretty much evolved from warcraft 3 and if blizzard is smart, they will turn wc4 into a mix of rts and moba.
2. China loved warcraft3 (similar to starcraft broodwar in korea) and moba in general.Already a huge financial success, because chinas gaming community is so huge.
3. Big portion of the sc2 community will try it out for sure
4. wow fanboys who are interested in the story/campaign

Reasons above should show that warcraft4 has a high possibility of being financial successful and blizzard usually never fucks up a game.
If it turns out to be a good esport game, will be hard to determine, but blizzard is really good in balancing their games for casual and hardcore players. Mechanics in blizzard games are most of the time easy to learn, but also have a depth to master these.
r]
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Gichtenlord wrote:they will turn wc4 into a mix of rts and moba.

zzzz ggnore out

almost every rts released lately its trying to mix moba, and they are all so bad ;(
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

lemmings121 wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:they will turn wc4 into a mix of rts and moba.

zzzz ggnore out

almost every rts released lately its trying to mix moba, and they are all so bad ;(

I dont think the moba traits will outweight the rts traits in a possible wc4. There might just be a bigger focus on heroes than in the other versions before. :P
Have faith in blizzard, they learned a lot from their mistakes with starcraft 2 and overwatch is an insanely good game, imo.
r]
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Jerom wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

Yeah, fuck warcraft 4.

imo the rts genre is reviving slowly. Obviously it will never become the dominant genre it once was again. But with gaming becoming bigger and bigger in general it certainly can become a decent niche genre again. We get 2 triple A rts games in the near future ( Halo wars 2 and Dawn of war 3 ) and if they are succesful i see no reason why others shoulndt follow. However if they fail, which is certainly a possibility particularly for halo wars, it might mean the end for rts for the next years. I still dont get how they chose halo wars 2 over aoe 4.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

lordraphael wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

imo the rts genre is reviving slowly. Obviously it will never become the dominant genre it once was again. But with gaming becoming bigger and bigger in general it certainly can become a decent niche genre again. We get 2 triple A rts games in the near future ( Halo wars 2 and Dawn of war 3 ) and if they are succesful i see no reason why others shoulndt follow. However if they fail, which is certainly a possibility particularly for halo wars, it might mean the end for rts for the next years. I still dont get how they chose halo wars 2 over aoe 4.

Yeah aoe is like the key to reviving rts but microsoft is as incompetent as you can get them.