What to do?

Sweden jallehood
Crossbow

What to do?

Post by jallehood »

Hello

I Played against a guy who built 7 layers of wall and alot of artillery and I dont know how to counter it.

What am I suppose to do against that?

I Play spanish btw.

Thanks for answers.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Re: What to do?

Post by wardyb1 »

Make culvs, mortars and protect with goons gg no re. If he then has to adapt, you do so as well
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Sweden jallehood
Crossbow

Post by jallehood »

wardyb1 wrote:Make culvs, mortars and protect with goons gg no re. If he then has to adapt, you do so as well

He built alot of halberdiers too i guess i go with lancers then.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Halbs rek lancers tho
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

jallehood wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:Make culvs, mortars and protect with goons gg no re. If he then has to adapt, you do so as well

He built alot of halberdiers too i guess i go with lancers then.
No go with skirms and/or musks against halbs
But anyway countering this way of playing is painful, try to beat him before he goes at this point
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

quit + pest.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

At this point in the game, make military buildings close to his walls and reinforce your army with the right counters to what he theows at you. A well balanced starting composition is to have skirm goon culv and mortars as wardy said above

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Zhanson10 wrote:Halbs rek lancers tho
They don't. Halbs do 50(25x2) vs lancers while lancers do 60(20x3) damage vs halbs. Ofc you'd rather make skirms vs halbs but lancers do okayish, and maybe even will beat halbs after you get the additional x1 card and cav combat.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

gibson wrote:
They don't. Halbs do 50(25x2) vs lancers while lancers do 60(20x3) damage vs halbs. Ofc you'd rather make skirms vs halbs but lancers do okayish, and maybe even will beat halbs after you get the additional x1 card and cav combat.

Don't forget that halbs cost much less and are only 1 pop. Halbs beat Lancers from an efficiency standpoint and thus Lancers shouldn't be used vs a comp featuring halbs heavily. Once cards have been sent, Lancers can certainly be used more freely, but I'd still hesitate if the presence of halbs/any pure anticav is significant.

Like macacoalbino said, build fb close, create a good composition, and chip away at his base. Make sure your eco is running well so you can sustain your push and eventually win the eco war that inevitably takes place.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Gear_Head wrote:
gibson wrote:

Don't forget that halbs cost much less and are only 1 pop. Halbs beat Lancers from an efficiency standpoint and thus Lancers shouldn't be used vs a comp featuring halbs heavily. Once cards have been sent, Lancers can certainly be used more freely, but I'd still hesitate if the presence of halbs/any pure anticav is significant.

Like macacoalbino said, build fb close, create a good composition, and chip away at his base. Make sure your eco is running well so you can sustain your push and eventually win the eco war that inevitably takes place.

Yeah even musks rape lancers.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

ovi12 wrote:Yeah even musks rape lancers.

This is also true. Although I'd give carded Lancers the nod vs Russian musks. :P
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Gear_Head wrote:

This is also true. Although I'd give carded Lancers the nod vs Russian musks. :P

Well actually, lategame with unction lancers probably win vs any musks. But that also means skirms with unction would rape them even harder.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

If there is a TP line, make sure you take all the TPs and do the Stagecoach upgrade. Keep in mind you'll pretty much have to win before the natural resources run out, so getting early mortars out is essential to put them on a shorter clock than you. Generally the guys who play like this have decks with all the eco and lategame cards so you won't be able to win after 25+ mins.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

If it's a water map, make monitors
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

ovi12 wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:

Well actually, lategame with unction lancers probably win vs any musks. But that also means skirms with unction would rape them even harder.

I'm not convinced that even unctioned Lancers win vs all musk, because in reality it's tough to have the full aura applied to all your Lancers as you'd want your missionaries (somewhat) out of harm's way. Also, if we're talking late game, I think the Royal Guard Port and Brit musks are quite strong, not to mention the tankiness of Jans or overall brilliance of Ashi. Tbh, I'd be curious to see the numbers because I could be very wrong (and you very right).

But like you said, unctioned skirms win way harder (as they should), so there's the real answer. :smile:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Gear_Head wrote:I'm not convinced that even unctioned Lancers win vs all musk, because in reality it's tough to have the full aura applied to all your Lancers as you'd want your missionaries (somewhat) out of harm's way. Also, if we're talking late game, I think the Royal Guard Port and Brit musks are quite strong, not to mention the tankiness of Jans or overall brilliance of Ashi. Tbh, I'd be curious to see the numbers because I could be very wrong (and you very right).

But like you said, unctioned skirms win way harder (as they should), so there's the real answer. :smile:

Well I'm not sure how difficult it is to keep the aura on most of the lancers in a real game; it depends how many units you have I guess. But I was imagining just doing a test of 100 musks vs 100 pop of lancers + missionaries. Shouldn't be difficult to test. I still think the lancers would win, but it would be very interesting to see how they do vs all the elite musks.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

ovi12 wrote:
Well I'm not sure how difficult it is to keep the aura on most of the lancers in a real game; it depends how many units you have I guess. But I was imagining just doing a test of 100 musks vs 100 pop of lancers + missionaries. Shouldn't be difficult to test. I still think the lancers would win, but it would be very interesting to see how they do vs all the elite musks.

I'm down. Let's do it. :lol:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Gear_Head wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

I'm down. Let's do it. :lol:

I would, but I don't play anymore :(
Shouldn't be hard to find someone else to do it tho. Or you can do it by yourself in scenario I hear
Sweden jallehood
Crossbow

Post by jallehood »

Thanks for all good answers !

Do you guys have and other tips you can give a brand new player.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

1st you have to know if it's a cheater. so do you have his id?
2nd, if it's a land map and you're not playing iro/sioux, then just go age 3, tpboom stagecoach, boom from 2TC or even 3TC, go age 4, train culverin/mortar. You also need some units to stop him from gathering outside his walls.
Usually he don't have many gold mines in walls so he won't have many culverins, and plantation is way too expensive (and slow).

If it's water boom, things become different. Generally you have to play water, and it's still to stop a well-executed boom (mainly brit/japan).
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

jallehood wrote:Thanks for all good answers !

Do you guys have and other tips you can give a brand new player.

Well I can give u the strategy to play every civ , and with practice u will know many things , but takes time.
viewtopic.php?f=176&t=8956
Enjoy , Happy?
:nwc:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Couprider wrote:1st you have to know if it's a cheater. so do you have his id?

That's irrelevant, why are you bringing this up?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

@jallehood I'd focus on learning how to macro efficiently and learning the counter system, next steps are probably microing and learning about the civs/ the meta

No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:quit + pest.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:
AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:quit + pest.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah ROFL :hehe: :hehe: :lol: I think that's the best way 21 I won't be able to play such long games would just quit and pest.
:nwc: