What do you like to see in a stream?

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

What do you like to see in a stream?

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I'm trying to get more into streaming as I learn to play rush and I'm curious to know what people enjoy in an AoE 3 stream.

Is it high level gameplay? Discussion with the audience? Something elshe?

Personally I like when the streamer talks, I get bored just watching gameplay with zero commentary.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Re: What do you like to see in a stream?

Post by KINGofOsmane »

the chat flame when kickass arrives
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yes, I enjoy a lot when streamer explains what he is doing and why.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Personality, interaction with the audience, talking in game if you have the brain apm for that. I know some people who don't watch streams unless there's a face cam. A well fleshed out information page with some damn character to it (too many streams with regurgitated templates linking regurgitated social media sites. Do something different.) Just be yourself and if yourself isn't interesting try to be interesting. I also like weird/self deprecating stream titles and self deprecating in general. I think Jerom was the only person to ever click on the picture of me on my twitch page which links to Merriam Webster's definition of "mediocre." Take losses in stride; rage is off-putting.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

boobs and explosions.
and some aizamk, maybe.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Conditions for me to watch (from the most to the least important)
1-hight quality gameplay
2-I know the players (which can be linked, because good players are the most famous)
3-someone speak
4-if it's a commentator, he shows everything that happends
5-he is untertaining (I mean people like interjection or chrisie give more motuvation to watch than a boring commentator (I won't give names^^))
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

deleted_user wrote:Personality, interaction with the audience, talking in game if you have the brain apm for that. I know some people who don't watch streams unless there's a face cam. A well fleshed out information page with some damn character to it (too many streams with regurgitated templates linking regurgitated social media sites. Do something different.) Just be yourself and if yourself isn't interesting try to be interesting. I also like weird/self deprecating stream titles and self deprecating in general. I think Jerom was the only person to ever click on the picture of me on my twitch page which links to Merriam Webster's definition of "mediocre." Take losses in stride; rage is off-putting.

I guess I need to work on the page, I just figured everyone in the ESO Community knew about The :ear:
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

deleted_user wrote:Take losses in stride; rage is off-putting.

In SC2 didn't that IdrA guy get like 8k viewers though? Some people enjoy watching ragers. The only time rage undoubtedly hurts a stream is if the streamer takes it out on his twitch chat and gets into arguments with his viewers.

For me it's just high level gameplay. Mic can be cool but doesn't make or break a stream for me.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

dicktator_ wrote:

In SC2 didn't that IdrA guy get like 8k viewers though? Some people enjoy watching ragers. The only time rage undoubtedly hurts a stream is if the streamer takes it out on his twitch chat and gets into arguments with his viewers.

For me it's just high level gameplay. Mic can be cool but doesn't make or break a stream for me.

Ofc, why do you think h2o stream is so popular :P
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ovi12 wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:

Ofc, why do you think h2o stream is so popular :P

Surely not because he's regarded as one of if not the best player ever.

I guess for some people rage can be entertaining but imo it's for all the wrong reasons.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

1v1 sup gg no re, the higher the level of gameplay, the better.

Casted games are nice, but watching high level players in their pov is also good, imo helps the learning process more than casted games.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Raging only hurts the streamers reputation, not the viewer count. :P
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

I like to see a good casting duo. I don't care who they are as long as they are a good pairing.
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

lemmings121 wrote:imo helps the learning process more than casted games.

Casted games do help you learn if the caster actually knows stuff and points it out during his casting. @Zutazuta used to do that a lot. His insights were amazing. He pointed out even very little things like (crackshot 1 bear , make tp , crackshot 2nd bear OR with japanese monks u can start killing the 2nd treasure guardian if the first one has low hp , coz possibility of divine strike) and many many more.

Tbh, we havn't seen this level of casting in the recent ESOC tourneys.

(Possible reasons of this : ESOC doesnt have a lot of good players who offer to volunteer for casting, Casters dont take this seriously enough, Another important factor which can be considered was : "Saturday Smackdown" was Zuta's event , the ownership adds responsibility to make the event formal , entertaining etc etc.)

To answer, this post :
1. I prefer streams with commentary where the caster says what he is doing and why etc. (like tedere said)
2. 1v1s > 2v2s > 3v3s. (Note : treaty isnt even mentioned here coz no way i m watching that :P ).
3. Stream interaction.
4. Webcam if possible (u cant be a pretty as @deleted_user4 , but its ok :P ).

The ideal moment for me in a stream would be , when the streamer plans something tells it (like look i m drawing all his army towards my tc, them i m gonna be popping ronins, JUST WAIT AND WATCH. And........ it fucking happens. Think of it like a planned aiz pop).

Have fun streaming. Yayyy more aoe3 streams :)
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Oh yea 1v1 sup > team sup > treaty generally, although for me personally 1v1 sup = treaty > team sup in terms of stream enjoyment
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

dicktator_ wrote:Oh yea 1v1 sup > team sup > treaty generally, although for me personally 1v1 sup = treaty > team sup in terms of stream enjoyment
I'd also distinguish between the boom part of tr and the fighting. The fighting can be pretty interesting, while the boom is just boring for most people at least
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I love veni's streams, and also when ryan streams and interacts with the chat and answers questions. I also like Collen's streams b/c he is entertaining to watch and interacts with the chat a lot.

For content, I generally like competetive 2v2's and casted matches (depending on the caster).
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Panama Mad_Hound
Musketeer
ESO: GenGrevious23

Post by Mad_Hound »

I think you have got to remember what a stream is. It is a projection.

Rage is a seller for some games but I don't think AoE would be the best rager game.
In my opinion, some flow of commentary, responding to chat between games or during if you are dual screening, and being funny sprinkled off while sounding in an overall good attitude to the game is nice to watch and hear. What I think is awesome in streams most of all is when people try to come back in a game when they are down and playing out a deteriorating scenario. Those victories are so nice to experience on the viewers end.

And if you are Site or other like company, a face cam never hurts =)
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

ssaraf wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:imo helps the learning process more than casted games.

Casted games do help you learn if the caster actually knows stuff and points it out during his casting.

True, games casted by highlevel players bring some good info.

but 1st person are a diferent experience imo, because you have the same knoledge as the player, so you can think with him. "oh, he scouted stable first, he should adapt to THAT build." and then you watch the pro doing something diferent, with better results, and learn :P
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

High level sup 1v1, rather 1st person but OBS is also fine.
If I watch a sup stream it's for improving my own game play and not for entertainment (okay, maybe I sometimes like to troll in twitch chat). I literally can't watch sup team games, even if it's with the best players.

If a streamer is also explaining is actions that's just the icing on the cake, I learned by far the most from H2O streams.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiser Q&A by Queen was my favourite stream so far.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

taylor swift
or felicity jones
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I'm trying to get more into streaming as I learn to play rush and I'm curious to know what people enjoy in an AoE 3 stream.

Is it high level gameplay? Discussion with the audience? Something elshe?

Personally I like when the streamer talks, I get bored just watching gameplay with zero commentary.

The streamer must talk obviously or there is no point in watching the game ,they must talk about the map , treasures , and the tactics used by the players , possible stuffs and like that ,they must show the tech researched , what cards sent and view on the fight and talk about his micro etc , well probably like zutazuta he explains the situation very nicely and why the player lost and what the player could have been done , this way the viewers learn something which is worth to watch , so probably wanna high lvl player commentary with good knowledge.
:nwc: