Anti aztec stuff

Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Anti aztec stuff

Post by Googol »

Hello, ESOC i would like to ask you how to play against aztecs and what should i do in certain situations against this civ, also how do i play vs aztec water play? I always seem to struggle versus this civ.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: Anti aztec stuff

Post by fei123456 »

your civ? map? enemy strategy?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Couprider wrote:your civ? map? enemy strategy?

any. any. any.

aztec is so anoying o.O.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

I think brit/fre are good counters, brit I normally hus/lb you generally don't want to make musk since mace are so good/cost effective, and hus for the most part can block coyo from getting to your lb. start hus add rax with 700w and spam these units, the can send 6Musk or 6lb to push out and clean his warhut.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

mace are actually not that good. they just have too many of them early(10+9). after that mace are nothing special.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

pretty much all euro civs beat aztec in age 2 imo (not sure about russia and spain)
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Id honestly mostly lb but have some huss to block, start with 5pikes though
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I've always done pretty well vs Aztecs with Germany, starting rax 5 pike first and xbow/uhlan/dopp after that, possibly aging.

Card order 3 sw, 700 wood (stable from that) and after 700 coin. If you know he's going all-in you can go 8 xbow first.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Find his FB, send mm, wait for resign
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

About water play vs Aztec, you can beat them early game water (2 caravel shipped + 1 made will beat pretty much anything they do early) but if you let them get to lategame water they'll win easily. The secret is just doing the 3 caravel timing push early on and killing their docks, that pretty much ends their water play.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

also, if aztec ever gets to fortress, go all in, you need to kill him asap, if he gets industrial just resign.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Pray
Image Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Pray to garja!
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

I would start with a wall to help defend your early game eco
No Flag schiegfried
Crossbow
ESO: schiegfried

Post by schiegfried »

dont let him boom eco, starve him off wood or simply spam scirms.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

Lukas_L99 wrote:I've always done pretty well vs Aztecs with Germany, starting rax 5 pike first and xbow/uhlan/dopp after that, possibly aging.

Card order 3 sw, 700 wood (stable from that) and after 700 coin. If you know he's going all-in you can go 8 xbow first.

Pretty much it i guess, worked for me ! :P

Thank you !
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

Couprider wrote:your civ? map? enemy strategy?

I can play all civs basically but mostly i choose French, Brits, or Russia x it. Sometimes Germany too.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

__Uhlan__ wrote:I think brit/fre are good counters, brit I normally hus/lb you generally don't want to make musk since mace are so good/cost effective, and hus for the most part can block coyo from getting to your lb. start hus add rax with 700w and spam these units, the can send 6Musk or 6lb to push out and clean his warhut.

Nice advice there ! Works well.

Thanks.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Aztec can always spam tons of units early, especially with their early 19 mace. However,
1. They dont have musket
2. Puma are siege unit (so minutemen kill them fast)
So in early colonial you generally go cav+skirm combo (uhlan xbow, hussar longbow, etc), and use minutemen to kill his puma. After that you can try to age up, or turn into cav+musk combo. Uhlan+dopple are insane too.

If aztec do wpboom, try to kill him in age 2 (but don't do no-eco rush). Raid with hussar, then add infantry, try to idle his vills and wp. I don't think semiff is a good choice: you give him time to wall completely and have 10wp.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

__Uhlan__ wrote:I think brit/fre are good counters, brit I normally hus/lb you generally don't want to make musk since mace are so good/cost effective, and hus for the most part can block coyo from getting to your lb. start hus add rax with 700w and spam these units, the can send 6Musk or 6lb to push out and clean his warhut.

But pure coyo puma counters lb huss?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Googol wrote:I can play all civs basically but mostly i choose French, Brits, or Russia x it. Sometimes Germany too.

Don't pick russia on RE against azzy, the match up sucks. But if you still do, I think you should defend with a bh in base after your market, get steel traps + a tp from 400w age up, ship 700w first for a stable houses and strelets. Then 700g and spam some cossacks, 600w for more strelets (can also ship 600g here if you still have food), then push with 5 coss.

Brits are fine but you need a map with good resources, on shit ress map you have no chance tbh. But anyway just go really heavy on huss/lb, and a few musks to block but not too many. Basically azzy wants to go heavy on coyote, which is why you go huss (they beat coyotes pretty hard). You would go musks, but the sad thing is that musks get raped by maces. So now when you make so much cav azzy will have to make pikes, and that's good for you because they're expansive and not so good if you focus them down decently (be careful though, if you don't micro they will rape your cav). So you snipe his pikes with your lb, and your huss kill the rest, and as I said you can add a few musketeers to block in case he goes really heavy on coyote+pike (which would theoretically be the counter to lb+huss).

As france it's basically the same, but you make xbows. They have worse stats but they can hit and run so it's ok. You can also try to semi ff but I think it's risky.

Either way with france and brits, when you play it colonial, you need to try to hit a timing push to break the warhut. So just ship vils, then crates, then military units for the timing. Example : 5v cav start as brits, then 700w 600w 700g to mass lb huss, then 6 musks or 6 lb shipment and push. 4v/700w/600w/700g/8 bows as france, same thing. Your best bet is to push exactly when you run out of food, because it's when you abused your superior eco for as long as you could, and when you need to push for food. So try to adapt, ship your units when you're out of food, and before that just ship crates (so for example if you have a bad food just skip 700g, and if you have a good food you can ship an extra 600g).
After your push, it all depends on how it goes. If it's tough, ship another military shipment. If it's easy, ship cav hp for example. You can alo try to age up in that case if you feel safe enough, otherwise just push and deny aztec its food.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

usually cav+ranged infantry wins but be careful not to overdo one of them... i've lost games both to full coyote raping my skirms and to puma's insane siege damage that i couldnt deal with properly with just cav ^^

China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Don't pick russia on RE against azzy, the match up sucks. But if you still do, I think you should defend with a bh in base after your market, get steel traps + a tp from 400w age up, ship 700w first for a stable houses and strelets. Then 700g and spam some cossacks, 600w for more strelets (can also ship 600g here if you still have food), then push with 5 coss.

I don't think you should push without boyar.
also 5 cossack is the best 1st shipment: why not? aztec can't stop your 5 coss raiding: he won't have 10 coyote early, and puma isn't fast. A fast age-up aztec won't have too much units early: if he go coyote mace he won't have 6 puma, so you can even try to push out after 5cos 13stre or 5cos 4cos (and minutemen): it's easier for russia to micro.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Azzy will make a fb because they're faster, and russia needs to build blockhouse at home, because if russia goes fb in this mu, aztec can just ship units and bring it down easily. Think about 6 pikes at 4:15 starting to siege your bh.
So you're going to ship 5 coss from your base, and run them all the way around the warhut, to then be at opponent's base at like 6 min, when he can have like 10 coyotes if not more to defend... Why ? Azzy can even call the 3 jaguars big button btw.

A fast age up azzy will still have more units than russia early on. Also pushing a fb so early in the game is really hard, because then units shipments + new batches are much more impactful, so you would most likely just get crushed by 6 pikes popping in your army or w/e. It's also less painful for aztec to ship units because they get more xp, while russia on the other hand really likes crates to help getting vils + army batches.

And well, yeah if you have enough food in base to ship boyars before you push then do it, but mostly you will not have this pleasure. Boyars is not going to be better than 700w,600w,700g or 5 coss (at least not so early in the game) so it means you need to be able to ship those 4 + boyars = 5 shipments before you push out, it sounds unlikely on a lot of maps.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I've also done 17v with russia and not died vs full rush.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego