Spring 2017 Betting sign ups

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Spring 2017 Betting sign ups

Post by Goodspeed »

Fellow (aspiring) humans,

A bit of history. AoE3 betting was started many years ago, in a now abandoned place full of memories: AgeSanctuary. Back then, weekly matches were organized and people were allowed to bet on the results for pixel points, spawning some of the greatest games in AgeSanc Fan Patch history. Already there was a man, a phenomenon, whose name inspired fear in every better. Zoi was his name, and even his ghost (kid got himself banned) terrorized the betting each week. Since the dawn of ESOC and its well-organized tournaments betting has grown to be a more serious event with even some small prizes, and the phenomenon became legend. His name changed to zoom, the man won two out of the first three betting events, and came close to winning the fourth. It was none other than Jerom (who will ever forget his famous quote "When life gives you incompetence, participate in the betting") who dethroned the master. A new king was born, and surely he will be defending his title. For reference, here is a sheet showing the betting history of the autumn event. A moment of silence for our fallen hero umeu, who clearly did not expect the upset in the finals, is in order.

With the Spring event drawing near, a new betting event is obligatory. It will work the same as last time. If you are new to it please take the time to read the rest of this post. Keep in mind most of the betting updates will be via private message so you will need to keep an eye on your ESOC messages. Alternatively you can keep an eye on your personal betting sheet (which you will be given a link to if you sign up) as it will always show the most recent information.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions in this thread or via PM, and I welcome any feedback. If you think I should do something differently please do mention it, even small things! Also, if something seems out of the ordinary or doesn't seem to be working like it should, I would like to hear that as well.

Happy gambling, and good luck to all!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prize
There is a $100 prize up for grabs reserved from the tournament prize pool. Winner takes all! The winner is the player with the most betting points after the finals of the tournament.
Participation is free.

How to sign up
Simply leave a reply in this thread, or send me a message. You will receive a PM with further info. If you're reading this after the tournament started, you can still sign up.

How the system works
After you sign up, you'll receive a message from me with a link to your own personal betting sheet (example) where you can enter your bets and a link to the viewing sheet which contains the standings as well as everyone else's bets. The system is hosted in the cloud (Google docs) and updates automatically as you place your bets. Where to enter your bets: http://i.imgur.com/84cIjd2.png but on your own personal sheet of course.

You start with 1500 points.
Which matches to bet on will be decided by me. There will be at least 5 matches to bet on in every round up to the round of 16, and after that you will be able to bet on every match. I will send a message to all participants if there is a new match to bet on. This information can be found in your player sheet too, of course.
Note that if a match is played early in the round and there is still some time, I may select another match in that same round to bet on so keep an eye out for that.

The system rewards participation, as there is a bit of inflation each match which only benefits people who participate (and win). Typically the point total at the end of the event will be around 150% of the point total at the start of the event.

How the odds work
If the odds against player A winning are 5.00 (also read as 5 to 1) that means you get 5 times the amount of points you bet in payout if player A wins. So if you had bet 1000 on player A winning, you would get 5000 points in payout which is a 4000 point profit.
The odds update real time based on your and other players' bets. The odds are frozen right before the match starts and payouts will be based on those final odds, not based on the odds at the time you placed your bet.

If many people bet on a result, you will get less points in payout if it happens. This means you are not betting against a bookmaker, you are betting against the other betters and if a lot of them think player A will win but you think player B is underrated, it could be a worthwhile strategy to bet a bunch of points on player B.
In short, if you bet on a result which the community thinks is unlikely and it happens, you are rich! If you bet on a likely result and it happens, you also win but you are less rich. The more risk you take the higher your potential reward, but of course many well-placed safe bets can also add up to big profit. Develop your own betting strategy accordingly.

Rules
1. There is a maximum of 1000 points per specific result (like Player A winning 3-0) and 10000 on the results "Player X winning". The system will complain if you try to put more points on results than allowed.
2. At the bottom of your player sheet is your balance (points available to bet with). If this number reaches less than zero as a result of you placing bets, none of your bets will be counted so make sure it stays above or equal to zero.
3. You can't bet on your own matches except on you winning and/or you winning x-0.
4. You are allowed to donate points to other players, but only if they have zero points left.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: Spring 2017 Betting sign ups

Post by dicktator_ »

sign me up
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

sign me up, for I am still incompetent.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

:coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

sign me up :)
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Please sign me up
duck
:mds:
imo
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

sign me up plz
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

+1
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Sign me up plz
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

hi
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Ye sign me up and sign up evil cheadar, he is banned but can still access his PMs!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

sign me up
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

well hi
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

sign me in coach
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

yesh
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

<text>
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Sign me up please :grin:
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Sign me up!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

sign me up
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Me
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Sign me up.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

I want to participate.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Let me in
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »