VOD watch from Stanley stream. My Thoughts..

No Flag yoda
Musketeer

Post by yoda »

Hey,

So, i thought i'd share some thoughts and tricks on this game i watched recently.

http://www.twitch.tv/stanley_winston/c/6829297

It's a 3v3 random, featuring some Lt.col + players.

Before i begin. Might i say, that i don't agree or condone the use of Voice chat with players watching on stream, giving you help on what to do, this is gaining an advantage over the other team, as you have full visibility over the minimap and can inform them of raids(which frequently happened from Veni), etc, which might not be seen by the normal player. You are effectively taking a job of being observant amongst other qualities and giving it to another player. This is cheating in my opinion, and shouldn't be allowed. It's like playing a 1v1 in this tournament coming up, and your friend is coaching you on chat from the stream he is watching. If this happens very frequently, then it's sad to see the level of skill from players has dropped off this far.

Observation: Why are you clicking the menu in the top right to view what civs are there? I've seen the same with people casting (Veni, that's you).

Tip: CLICK ON THE little box that has all your resources, and tells you how much you have of each and how many gathering each resource, it brings up the same menu! (TIME EFFICIENT)

Observation: When you are trying to find some 'Wood Gatherers'. Why are you searching on the mini map looking?? You'll be there for ages trying to find one..

Tip: Just hold down shift, (trying to find a large group) or just click the resource in the same box and it cycles through the villagers gathering that resource.

So yeah, you may agree or disagree, but i find it very unfair on the opposing team (Whom should have won this game).
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Tip for your first tip, F6 does the same thing (or maybe F7)

Response to other tip, usually you want to know where they are gathering wood and then move them based on that. Also usually as a high level player you best know where all your vils are of each type of resource.

I never knew about that option, and at my level I dont think I would be motivated to use it, but it is very cool and would be useful the more often you dont know where your vils are for a particular resource.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Stanley was sharing his screen, Veni could see the same as he could. So it was fair, it was like having an extra 2 eyes.

I am not lieut col+ btw, but thanks for the compliment. :)
No Flag yoda
Musketeer

Post by yoda »

2nd tip was more based around when he had 37 villagers gathering wood and spend lots of time trying to find 10 for a plantation or mill,

If you hold down shift, it groups the largest group in the LOS and auto selects them, just time saving generally. But yeah, like you said, at your level, the games probably don't last past 15 or 20 minutes H2O. Generally used in team games more, when more often than not they end up being fairly long games.

You were on the other team, so if you think it's fair, that's your opinion.

I mean, he can minimap watch though, a lot of players won't be able process information and multi task as quickly.

Like if a player is busying macroiing and microing units, they're not always going to see a raid coming in, Veni made quick points on multiple occassions to point out incoming raids, and that is gaining an advantage over your team.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

It might have been a small advantage, but keep in mind having fair teams and civs influenced this game much more. Also, we all knew he was coaching, so we just took the risk. It's not like this game was too unfair (it lasted an hour) and most of us don't care about rank/elo anyways. Also, talking on Mumble/Teamspeak means you have little concentration for the game. Every streamer knows this :p

I agree with your other points though, the resource-bar is great for macro-ing lot's of vills and for checking civs/decks or giving resources.
No Flag yoda
Musketeer

Post by yoda »

Yeah, if you knew, then fair enough! It can definitely gain someone an advantage though, especially if it's just the person playing and the coach speaking. You're effectively making that person not think as hard, as they don't have to multitask as much!

Yeah, there's load of tips and tricks that a lot of people don't really know about! I'm going to make a video with all the tricks for TAD, it saves so much time! It'll be out on Sunday this week!
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

^ ^ It surely gave him advantage. Besides incoming raids, Veni also helped strategically like telling when to age, when to wall, when to get wood upgrades, when to switch to cuirs from goons, and most importantly when to switch from rods to skirms lol..
But, when players on opposite team has no problem with that no one should :)
PS - In tournament setting streaming is allowed with a 2 min delay, so no one can coach like that there ')
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Great! That might help people a lot!
No Flag yoda
Musketeer

Post by yoda »

Also, your point about my second point H2O, if you cycle through on the gatherers of a resource, it auto snaps to where they are based on your screen, if that's what you were talking about when saying' knowing where they are on the map. :)