the Way of the FFA, A guide to hosting good FFA's

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Re: the Way of the FFA, A guide to hosting good FFA's

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Actually just keep Aztecs off wood, if you killed all my TPs yesterday I wouldn't have been able to get wood for my maces/coyotes after some time

I debated going for the one or 2 furthest out but didn't think I could spare the forces. Its easy to neglect just how powerful TPS are. most of my economic success in FFA has been to collecting more TP early than other people. Oh I also had a stray urumi batch or 2 that rly hurt me there for a few mins. But was rly well played by you. Instead of retreating to defend at my walls i just left to see how the rest of it would go. Came back a few mins later and it was over.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

pecelot wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:I disagree that France is particularly op. That is a silly rule.

Enlighten us, then!

Well, cuirassers are easily countered, cost effectively. A french player who uses them will find himself bankrupt before too long. I'd be more concerned with ports unkillable goons and super range MORTARS, for example. In fact, in ffa, I'd prefer to vs a France player than a ports player. I've never experienced dismay that my opponent was playing french. I don't really understand the hate toward France.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Zhanson10 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:I disagree that France is particularly op. That is a silly rule.

Enlighten us, then!

Well, cuirassers are easily countered, cost effectively. A french player who uses them will find himself bankrupt before too long. I'd be more concerned with ports unkillable goons and super range MORTARS, for example. In fact, in ffa, I'd prefer to vs a France player than a ports player. I've never experienced dismay that my opponent was playing french. I don't really understand the hate toward France.

Play treaty vs france they have
- Best cost-effective cav (and INSTANT)
- Best artillery (Train-card and upgrade!)
- Best skirm

Really if they just combine these units they can steamroll any civ.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

+ best eco per pop
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Zhanson10 wrote:
pecelot wrote:

Enlighten us, then!

its a combination of things that make them OP for FFA. 120 mil pop. 4.5 speed vils. vills that resist shot are hard to kill and fast to run away. and as stated best cav, inf and artillery. They really have no disadvantage to exploit. And the insta create gives them incredible map control. And gends spam can trade incredibly well vs most civs. even though they are stronger with skirms and cannon too.

Ports can be just as annoying but then every civ is a little OP and can be, depending on how you are playing. But even as good as jinetes are port cant just spam 1 unit to win.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

And best Natives
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I dont get why you would forbid double teaming and shit. Isnt diplomacy and manipulating others the coolest thing that can happen in an ffa. My favorite ffa victories where those ffa games were we had enough fun people that wouldnt afk wall tr boom but actually participate and that then led to me taking out a neighboor with an FI and then manipulating everyone into killing eachother.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

if all people had the same ideas of whats fun wed all be playing LoL
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

The best thing that can happen in ffa's is when you unexpectedly team up on someone, then get teamed up your self. karma bites...
Error 404: Signature not found
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

sebnan12 wrote:if all people had the same ideas of whats fun wed all be playing LoL

Isnt that the beauty of mankind?