Reporting cheaters

No Flag svennnny
Crossbow

Reporting cheaters

Post by svennnny »

Is there anyway to report droppers, OOS and wintrade cheaters. Its been like more then a year and now im back, but getting oos after like a 40 min game is no fun. I'm not talking about the ESOC patch.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Reporting cheaters

Post by pecelot »

From our rules:

7) Cheating or hacking accusations are forbidden. This includes any form of accusing thread directed at another in game user (people were trolling you, insulting you etc.). If you were cheated, we are sorry. If you want to take action, familiarise yourself with this thread and please send the evidence in a private message to n0eL or another Administrator or Community Team member. We will keep this information private and use it to safeguard ESOC products and for the purpose of future ESOC events.

Recent MS reply:
https://forums.ageofempires.com/topic/2 ... ng-online/
No Flag svennnny
Crossbow

Post by svennnny »

So people can still get banned
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I would say it's not unreasonable to believe so. :flowers:
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

svennnny wrote:So people can still get banned

you can try that, but microsoft isnt banning anyone 99% of the case (they dont care). i kinda just got used to cheaters and stopped caring about my rank and ego (as if there was one before).

+ i think sb in this community is making a cheater list, so with screenshots or video proof / recorded game you can report them and use the cheater list to prevent playing against certain players. idk who though, since i stopped caring about cheaters..
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

MS isn't banning anyone. Unfortunately it's pretty much up to you to pest people and remember names of who to avoid. If it's 1v1's don't be afraid to record the games, so you can go back and check to see if they are doing something fishy. Doesn't solve the OOS problem but that's what happens in a 10 year old game.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:

you can try that, but microsoft isnt banning anyone 99% of the case (they dont care). i kinda just got used to cheaters and stopped caring about my rank and ego (as if there was one before).

+ i think sb in this community is making a cheater list, so with screenshots or video proof / recorded game you can report them and use the cheater list to prevent playing against certain players. idk who though, since i stopped caring about cheaters..

Im meant to be but I cbf.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

There is hope, though, bois!
Lancer

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:

Im meant to be but I cbf.

thats teh spirit.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:thats teh spirit.

All I have is amir atm
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Yes. They just don't.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Guys, you should check out the link posted by pecelot, it's a month-old official reply suggesting to message evidence to the newly-appointed Age of Empires Community Manager "cupEcakeplays". Of course I can't promise anything, but I would give this post some value.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i send a message to cupecakeplays about my stolen account "couprider". guess what she said?
"i'm sorry about this, but we cannot help you. instead, here is a new steam cdkey for you."
so "couprider" is still cheating on eso,
while i have a new cdkey in my mailbox lol.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Heh, that clears it up I guess, thanks for the info.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I guess that's kinda fair for now. First things first, good to see any response whatsoever. Maybe they haven't decided to ban cheaters yet.
Lancer

pecelot wrote:I guess that's kinda fair for now. First things first, good to see any response whatsoever. Maybe they haven't decided to ban cheaters yet.

+1, getting a response at all is cool, however i dont think anybody at MS "decides" about cheaters or rlly cares about the aoe3 community, the age of empires franchise is still generating money, thats ok for microsoft, and beyond that the behaviour of microsoft towards Age of Empires in the past years kinda gives away that they dont really care.. (e.g. horrible, cheap produced addons for aoe II and aom)

....its mainly us hoping that we aint a dying community of a dying game (because we love it so much..) and every little incedent regarding aoe whatsoever is like a prophecy for this community predicting that microsoft still cares, RTS will rise again and the next AoE is coming soon.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I know, right? I've been experiencing this inferior treatment for quite some time now as a regular player, which makes me even more happy about recent responses that do look promising :smile:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Couprider wrote:i send a message to cupecakeplays about my stolen account "couprider". guess what she said?
"i'm sorry about this, but we cannot help you. instead, here is a new steam cdkey for you."
so "couprider" is still cheating on eso,
while i have a new cdkey in my mailbox lol.
A brand-new dumb bitch, eh? I sense opportunity.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

zoom wrote:A brand-new dumb bitch, eh? I sense opportunity.

No please don't say that. I think she's kind-hearted indeed, as an AOE3 cdkey isn't that cheap.
I told her that I shouldn't receive this gift, as it's not her fault in this case. And she said, "Maybe your friends need it".
I just don't understand:
1. Is it that they don't WANT to ban cheaters, or they CAN'T? Is there something wrong with ESO?
2. Why she gave me a cdkey without asking me anything? It's not a $1 game on steam anyway. Seems that they don't care about it at all.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Couprider wrote:

No please don't say that. I think she's kind-hearted indeed, as an AOE3 cdkey isn't that cheap.
I told her that I shouldn't receive this gift, as it's not her fault in this case. And she said, "Maybe your friends need it".
I just don't understand:
1. Is it that they don't WANT to ban cheaters, or they CAN'T? Is there something wrong with ESO?
2. Why she gave me a cdkey without asking me anything? It's not a $1 game on steam anyway. Seems that they don't care about it at all.
She can probably generate keys for free lol. She wouldn't have given you anything if it costed her anything.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Definitely can, or has been given a stash of them. No way MS would be buying their own game's keys off Steam :mrgreen:
It's still a nice gesture, though.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Couprider wrote:

I just don't understand:
1. It's definitely that they don't want to. There certainly is plenty wrong with ESO, but it has nothing to do with this.
2. Because it's a net-benefit to her employer; the value gained is greater than the cost incurred. Note that this is the exact reason for "1." as well.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

zoom wrote:1. It's definitely that they don't want to. There certainly is plenty wrong with ESO, but it has nothing to do with this.

:hmm:
mad cuz bad
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

to believe anything about cheaters or harassments online will change just because we got some halfway active mods is just stupid.. guess how many guys reported couprider and nothing changed.. lolz
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP