Reasons why India is the lamest civ in the game, even worse than Sioux

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: Reasons why India is the lamest civ in the game, even worse than Sioux

Post by fei123456 »

cannon lose to cav for several reasons that actually have almost nothing to do with multipliers.

1. Their main strength is overlapping splash damage. Cav are big, making cannon less effective.

2. They do siege damage. Cav have high HP.

3. Cannon have ranged resist. Cav have hand damage.

4. A lot of the strength of cannon is in their multipliers, versus infantry.

The real strength of cannon is only really realised when combined with a strong composition as an engaging/snaring tool to backup your main army, at least in fortress. In spain they can be abused a bit more due to the awesome shipments, but the 2 falconet is itself pretty weak.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lol
he had a point, though
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

tedere12 wrote:Image

lol but i won several other games as india, which is pretty strong considering ive played about 10 games as india. It is clearly a top 3 civ.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's not even relevant at your level tbh. India sepoy rush is so easy to do and hard to defend, it's ofc really strong under pr30. And the shit qs maps make it even stronger. But at high level on a good map it's different.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's not even relevant at your level tbh. India sepoy rush is so easy to do and hard to defend, it's ofc really strong under pr30. And the shit qs maps make it even stronger. But at high level on a good map it's different.

Should i link the game you played vs tit? ;)
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

is german tower FF available vs india? xbow can hold the 1st sepoy timing, but it's really hard to deal with the 2nd batch, with sowar, hussar, or tiger claws.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:It's not even relevant at your level tbh. India sepoy rush is so easy to do and hard to defend, it's ofc really strong under pr30. And the shit qs maps make it even stronger. But at high level on a good map it's different.

Yeah because I actually forgot that I just need to ship 8 bows first against that shit, and tried to go greedy. Was also on ep with slightly nerfed germany
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:

Yeah because I actually forgot that I just need to ship 8 bows first against that shit, and tried to go greedy. Was also on ep with slightly nerfed germany

You dont have to make excuses he lamed the shit out of sepoys
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:

Yeah, many dumb rushes are very easy to deal with if you just don't play greedy, really annoying to deal with those if you fail to scout properly.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

*shots fired* *shots fired* *shots fired*
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah because I actually forgot that I just need to ship 8 bows first against that shit, and tried to go greedy. Was also on ep with slightly nerfed germany

You dont have to make excuses he lamed the shit out of sepoys

It's not an excuse, just that this kind of all in sepoy rush is not so hard to hold if you ship 8 bows first, that's my point. That I played bad that game, and didn't see he put 4 vils on his agra fort (which should instantly trigger an "8 bows first" in my brain), doesn't change this point
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

you realize the majority of this game is played on RE maps? Which, I'll add, aren't shitty. but rather have their own meta, which differs from the articifical meta of the EP, which is a shitty patch.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Zhanson10 wrote:

lol but i won several other games as india, which is pretty strong considering ive played about 10 games as india. It is clearly a top 3 civ.

"Pr 25 beats pr 25 with india, top 3 civ confirmed"
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

reason why <enter any civ here> is the lamest civ in the game: i lost vs it.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Zhanson10 wrote:you realize the majority of this game is played on RE maps? Which, I'll add, aren't shitty. but rather have their own meta, which differs from the articifical meta of the EP, which is a shitty patch.

And the majority of this game is also played by players who are not good enough for us to draw conclusions about balance based on their games. Azzy pike rush is probs super scary at ms level, does that make azzy the top civ ? You will say "no, because ms aren't playing good enough so we can't take their games into account". Exactly, now try to imagine that you are the ms of someone else, so what you may consider OP is in fact not OP. So the mass of players playing on RE can't be used to decide which civ is OP since they're not high enough.
About the maps, it's shitty when it's unbalanced, and RE maps are unbalanced for most of them. EP maps are balanced for most of them. This makes EP a better patch. You also have some low resources maps on EP, but they're balanced so it's ok. Playing india sepoy rush and relying on the mapscrews is what makes it strong. Also some maps have an exxageratedly low amount of resources, to such an extent that you immediately run out of food in your base after you hit age 2, which is not just a "meta" but is completely dumb because then any civ that can fb and rush faster than you will win at 6 min, regardless of the skill of the players, which is definitely uninteresting and is not how the game was supposed to be.
But I'm not surprised that you think RE with no food maps is more interesting than a patch with balanced maps. It goes pretty well with the level of your analysis of india.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Zhanson10 wrote:...EP, which is a shitty patch.

I think its the second time i'm saying this. "Very polite" to the people who have put so much efforts and resources in this project to make AoE a cheat free game and to make some of the most amazing changes in the direction to balance the game. But its not popular because of people like you, who do not have what it takes to appreciate someone's effort and knowledge.

PS: If you dislike EP so much why do you even bother to play on it? #hypocrisy
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Why do you guys keep on responding to zhanson? Dont feed the troll.
r]
No Flag greatscythe11
Musketeer
ESO: greatscythe11

Post by greatscythe11 »

Couprider wrote:is german tower FF available vs india? xbow can hold the 1st sepoy timing, but it's really hard to deal with the 2nd batch, with sowar, hussar, or tiger claws.

I am not even remotely an expert but as one of the involved parties in the game mentioned, I feel its ok if I share my opinion.The tower provides guaranteed 30 damage.So, combined with 90 from TC that's 120 damage.For sepoy and janissary respective hps are 190-209(Sepoy) and 235(Jans).So tower(right behind TC) and TC combined converts 3 shot musks into 2 shot regular musks(2x120=240). Sepoys and Jans need 6 range for sieging so that's where the tower placement and house placement comes in.So ultimately the tower and tc control group acts like a poor man's colonial militia.Some other benefits are-a)safer shipment of 700c b)Weak anticav vs sowar and gardener(3 shots) c) Almost guaranteed shipment point even if TC falls after aging up to age 3 and lastly d)fast garrisoning.With 700 w first age 2 card the build can be converted into an xbow build.Good hunts and tight herding are critical plus cm card is for safety.Greatcoat helps in mitigating damage.Now I do it like this-90+30+90+30=240.Someone with fast micro may do it like-90+30+90=210(idk).There can be possible adaptations for Brit(default tower, lots of houses) , Chinese(more hp, big size meaning larger coverage+flamethrower possibility) and Japanese(plus against Russia , rusket hp-120).Here is the record game.Wish an expert would test this strategy and share the experience to develop this( if possible).Wanted to share this strategy for a long time.
Attachments
[RE SP] Greatscythe11[GE] vs ZHanson10[IN] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(451.86 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 16 minutes
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

@Zhanson10 What do you think about the TEAM 2 Rhino card?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

born2believe wrote:@Zhanson10 What do you think about the TEAM 2 Rhino card?

don't trigger him
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

It sounds like a bad card but now I wanna see it used to troll sometime
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

@Zhanson10 what about the 3 mahout card? its 1000 food to ship, but is the extra food worth 1 more mahout (compared to 2 mahout card + chalminar gate ageup)
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Zhanson10 wrote:

It sounds like a bad card but now I wanna see it used to troll sometime

I guess trolling is the only way to make playing India acceptable, since with a serious build it seems just unbeattable. Right? :sad:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

@Zhanson10 should i ship 5 rajputs or 5 sepoy first? And should i just gather food and wood for army cos vills are wasted pop space right?