Settler gather rates

United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
ESO: dthrill

Settler gather rates

Post by dthrill_08 »

Excluding French and settlers wagons.

A buddy of mine said Spanish settlers have a slower gather rate than other settlers. I know Dutch has a 15% increase rate for mines but I am curious what other hidden buffs and debuffs are there.

When I play Spanish I am usually one of the highest scoring players but I do feel my eco drains fast. Maybe they are expensive or the lack of a 2nd factory.

Thanks.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Re: Settler gather rates.

Post by P i k i l i c »

Spanish settlers have normal gather rates lol
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Musketeer

Post by dthrill_08 »

I had a feeling he was full of it lol.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Maybe your buddy meant that Spanish settlers have a slower gather rate than others with all upgrades? Well they are not the slowest, but many civs have higher gather rates than them, for example ports, france, dutch, ger and russian settlers gather food on mills faster than spanish settlers (because Spanish do not have FoodSilos card)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Only dutch settlers got a 15% bonus on gold mines. Other settlers gather everything at the same speed. India got the tier 1 and 2 wood upgrades researched by default though.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Musketeer

Post by dthrill_08 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Maybe your buddy meant that Spanish settlers have a slower gather rate than others with all upgrades? Well they are not the slowest, but many civs have higher gather rates than them, for example ports, france, dutch, ger and russian settlers gather food on mills faster than spanish settlers (because Spanish do not have FoodSilos card)

Yes. I think that is what they meant but my friend said they gathered slowly. Not having Food Silos is fine if they had 2 factories. I don't think Port has it either but their Church card gives them a 20% increase on food so it's fine. Spanish are not food heavy civi is you're going with Skims instead of Musks.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

dthrill_08 wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:Maybe your buddy meant that Spanish settlers have a slower gather rate than others with all upgrades? Well they are not the slowest, but many civs have higher gather rates than them, for example ports, france, dutch, ger and russian settlers gather food on mills faster than spanish settlers (because Spanish do not have FoodSilos card)

Yes. I think that is what they meant but my friend said they gathered slowly. Not having Food Silos is fine if they had 2 factories. I don't think Port has it either but their Church card gives them a 20% increase on food so it's fine. Spanish are not food heavy civi is you're going with Skims instead of Musks.

People mostly answer about TAD here, not nilla, be careful. On TAD all euro civs have 2 factories. On nilla, only russia and spain don't have 2 factories.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain ListlessSalmon
Skirmisher
ESO: ListlessSalmon

Post by ListlessSalmon »

Kaiserklein wrote:Only dutch settlers got a 15% bonus on gold mines. Other settlers gather everything at the same speed. India got the tier 1 and 2 wood upgrades researched by default though.

Is that 15% bonus just higher base stats (as with SW/Cdb) or as if they have a (fictional) upgrade working for them already? That is, how does placer mines effect them? (Are they then 1.265 times faster than standard upgradeless vills or just 1.25 times faster.)

Edit: If the (generally reliable) heavengames post is correct it looks like its higher base rate and so 1.265 times higher. (Didn't realise it showed the difference there.)
Last edited by _NiceKING_ on 06 Apr 2017, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Misclicked reply button
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

ListlessSalmon wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Only dutch settlers got a 15% bonus on gold mines. Other settlers gather everything at the same speed. India got the tier 1 and 2 wood upgrades researched by default though.

Is that 15% bonus just higher base stats (as with SW/Cdb) or as if they have a (fictional) upgrade working for them already? That is, how does placer mines effect them? (Are they then 1.265 times faster than standard upgradeless vills or just 1.25 times faster.)

Edit: If the (generally reliable) heavengames post is correct it looks like its higher base rate and so 1.265 times higher. (Didn't realise it showed the difference there.)

They have a (fictional) upgrade working for them already. You can see it in the techtreey file

Code: Select all

<Effect type ='Data' action ='Gather' amount ='1.15' subtype ='WorkRate' unittype ='AbstractMine' relativity ='BasePercent'>
            <Target type ='ProtoUnit'>AbstractVillager</Target></Effect>
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
ListlessSalmon wrote:

They have a (fictional) upgrade working for them already. You can see it in the techtreey file

<Effect type ='Data' action ='Gather' amount ='1.15' subtype ='WorkRate' unittype ='AbstractMine' relativity ='BasePercent'>

that means that they start the game with a fictional 15% upgrade, but future upgrades still are based in the default base value, right?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

lemmings121 wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:
ListlessSalmon wrote:

that means that they start the game with a fictional 15% upgrade, but future upgrades still are based in the default base value, right?

exactly
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Thats a new one. The dutch settler coin bonus is a surprisingly unknown one for how relevant it is.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

spain do seem to have a shit eco even sending 5 and 4 vills xD
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Hazza54321 wrote:spain do seem to have a shit eco even sending 5 and 4 vills xD

Theyre just inefficient doing 5v compared to france and germany (which are the other civs with no boom mechanic or rushy style) so that seems like a bad eco. I mean, if you have to use your eco inefficiently thats basically the same as having a bad eco.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Since they don't have a 400w age up you kinda have to send 700w first if you wanna be able to make units or get steal traps etc. It's not as good of an eco shipment as 3sw 4 cours or 700w for brit.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah but with their extra shipments they can send vils directly after 700w so you just delay them by 40 sec or so
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:Since they don't have a 400w age up you kinda have to send 700w first if you wanna be able to make units or get steal traps etc. It's not as good of an eco shipment as 3sw 4 cours or 700w for brit.

They can just get steel traps and a TP and 5 villagers but its just not as smooth so that build order just falls short as a worse france/germany, which is why it seems like spain can't get a good eco I guess, while they do have the eco options.

But yeah, in practise spain usually is a low eco civ. Although that ATP build is actually smooth.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Since they don't have a 400w age up you kinda have to send 700w first if you wanna be able to make units or get steal traps etc. It's not as good of an eco shipment as 3sw 4 cours or 700w for brit.

They can just get steel traps and a TP and 5 villagers but its just not as smooth so that build order just falls short as a worse france/germany, which is why it seems like spain can't get a good eco I guess, while they do have the eco options.

But yeah, in practise spain usually is a low eco civ. Although that ATP build is actually smooth.

try aging with 2 vills, makes spain super lame in temagames @glorious_
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Re: Settler gather rates

Post by momuuu »

To be entirely fair, 2 vills theoretically doesnt seem that far from viable.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

You can still send 5v first and make 5 cav like brit.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Jerom wrote:

try aging with 2 vills, makes spain super lame in temagames @glorious_

tbh if I play spain it always feels like everyone else has like 100% handicap. Imo just suicide yourself with pirioshiki ff. Will piss off your teammates but whatever... :D
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

japanese gather slughtly faster from berries no?
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

no.