Why can tourney games only be casted/streamed by ESOC?

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re: Why can tourney games only be casted/streamed by ESOC?

Post by _H2O »

Gendarme wrote:His question is: If it is not streamed on ESOCTV, it does not hurt the ESOCTV brand. If both players agree to playing with observers, ESOC probably shouldn't enforce protection of the players. If neither the protection of the players, nor the ESOCTV brand is a problem, why is it still not allowed?

This is my question as well.

It's a good question. I think brams post answered this. The brand is affected. If someone streams a game, people know it's a tournament game. We can't enforce on private streams as many of the responses have pointed out. That's why It's not realistic for us to allow private streams.

In the same way a production crew controls every aspect of a sporting events coverage we do the same for our events. Imagine if one week your football game was covered by Joe with a shakey camcorder running up and down the field. imagine That was the only coverage you got for that. It will link back to us for allowing it to happen.

we have a wide open door. If you shoot an application and you have high quality and a reasonably good effort to your casting you are on the list. You can cast anything you want by working with our caster group.

What would be more helpful is to talk about any ideas you have to improve our casting system rather than asking us to make it optional.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

ProjectW wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:Ofc you can cast what ever you want on your channel but dont name it esoc tournament game thats all

Can an official staff member confirm this. I've heard otherwise (dont wanna name names)

Here's another example. Allowing everyone to run free with creating tournament content creates confusion.

That's another reason we want to manage it. It's better for the big picture.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

666_X wrote:Can people at least still get added to the casters list and stream on ESOCTV that way? :flowers:

Send @MCJim a message including your ESO name and a sample of a casted match. You can either send a file to us or upload it on YouTube.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

@ProjectW Some manners would go a long way here. I understand your frustration but I assume you don't flame the volunteers at the local animal shelter either :flowers:

ProjectW wrote:Pepsi is a brand.

ESOC exists to promote AOE3, does it not? It seems to be that you (ESOC) care more about your brand than the game itself. You should have the game's best interest at heart,not ESOC's. What is ESOC without AOE anyways.

ESOC is most definitely a brand. Unlike Pepsi, ESOC doesn't strive to turn any profit, but rather act as a hub for AoE3. ESOC without AoE3 is like AoE3 without ESOC: irrelevant. The two go hand in hand and form the brand together. ESOC has many interests, one of which being hosting tournaments. We are, for example, also working on acquiring a foundation status and on improving our contacts with Microsoft. All, ultimately, have the game's interest in heart.

ProjectW wrote:If both players are OK with it, there's casters available, and an audience, i gurantee you streaming that game (on ESOC channel or some other channel) is NOT going to bite anyone in the ass. No one will say 'Oh OK, i quit watching AOE cuz some random guy is streaming tourney'. Heck, they won't even know cuz they are not subscribed to my channel.

Stop pulling shit out of your ass. It's not true. No one will stop watching ESOCTV cuz another channel(who he doesn't even know exists) was streaming a ro128 game yesterday for a few people to enjoy.

You misinterpreted what I said. What I said is that, on a monthly basis, ESOCTV will have more unfollows in a month with random, unscheduled streams. See the part about the diehard audience in the previous post. I don't hope you seriously believe I'd invent all of this because I hate aoe3 streams? I compared viewer/follower numbers in several months, both during tournaments and outside of tournaments. The results are very clear. I'm not going to write a report on it to convince you, so you'll just have to believe me.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Its stupid tbh, most authorised caster are unavailable
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

tedere12 wrote:why can't you cast them on your channel? what are they going to do to you?

queenofdestiny wrote:Ofc you can cast what ever you want on your channel but dont name it esoc tournament game thats all

gibson wrote:Tbh you can stream whatever you want on your channel lol. Esoc can only control whats streamed on the esoc channel so if you want to cast something on your channel go for it. What are they gonna do, report you to Microsoft?

Quite the arrogant posts. ESOC controls the tournament, and therefore also the content of said tournament. Disobeying rules will lead to warnings and ultimately disqualifications, like with any rules.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Post by ProjectW »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:You misinterpreted what I said. What I said is that, on a monthly basis, ESOCTV will have more unfollows in a month with random, unscheduled streams. See the part about the diehard audience in the previous post. I don't hope you seriously believe I'd invent all of this because I hate aoe3 streams? I compared viewer/follower numbers in several months, both during tournaments and outside of tournaments. The results are very clear. I'm not going to write a report on it to convince you, so you'll just have to believe me.

Broski, you are taking this wayy too seriously. You are overdoing it to the point that it's determent to the community.. Those trends that you referring to (where ppl unsub etc due to irregular content etc), happen when you have 10s if not 100s of thousands of viewers and the viewer base is diverse. When you have LARGE numbers at play.

There's literally a handful of people that watch AOE3 and they are die hard fans. These trends don't apply here. You really think a fan of aoe that endures all the bugs and lag of the game is going to unsub because there's a surprise stream? Or will he rejoice?

Essentially you are running a small tightly knit village like it's a metropolis.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I see I cannot convince you using the facts. Too bad.

There will be a stream tomorrow. I hope to see you there!
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
tedere12 wrote:why can't you cast them on your channel? what are they going to do to you?

gibson wrote:Tbh you can stream whatever you want on your channel lol. Esoc can only control whats streamed on the esoc channel so if you want to cast something on your channel go for it. What are they gonna do, report you to Microsoft?

Quite the arrogant posts. ESOC controls the tournament, and therefore also the content of said tournament. Disobeying rules will lead to warnings and ultimately disqualifications, like with any rules.

sorry i just wanted to help :cry:
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Post by ProjectW »

Yea, great job Mr. "Facts". Hopefully, you don't lose that 1 sub out of the puny 120 or so regular viewers that watch cuz a random stream sprouted in the middle of the week and scared him the f away
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

But is an authorised caster allowed to start an unscheduled stream, if there is a series being played and he is avaible to cast?

@Mr_Bramboy
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I'm guessing from the fact you ignored my question that you never asked to be a caster for ESOC events.

Which makes this a pretty troll thread.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:

Arrogant? Are you shitting me or just trolling? So people who volunteered to play are fine with people who volunteered to cast casting while people who want to watch watch and you are trying to disallow that and somehow we're the arrogant ones? Am I the only one who sees the irony? Not only that but when ever someone complains about the tournament you guys always pull the "we're volunteers and work so hard blah blah blah" and now that people are actually taking the initiative to get the ball rolling on their own you shoot it down. Fucking hilarious.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

gibson wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:

Arrogant? Are you shitting me or just trolling? So people who volunteered to play are fine with people who volunteered to cast casting while people who want to watch watch and you are trying to disallow that and somehow we're the arrogant ones? Am I the only one who sees the irony? Not only that but when ever someone complains about the tournament you guys always pull the "we're volunteers and work so hard blah blah blah" and now that people are actually taking the initiative to get the ball rolling on their own you shoot it down. Fucking hilarious.

The fact is... people can always vollunter to be casters and then stream on the offical ESOC channel.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Keep ESOCTV as a brand that gets its name aoe3, helps in spreading the game, and that's good .. any idiot would understand .. but guys insist on fighting for something useless..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

born2believe wrote:But is an authorised caster allowed to start an unscheduled stream, if there is a series being played and he is avaible to cast?

@Mr_Bramboy

If a caster arranges something and gets in touch with us. We are almost always around at peak times to give the go ahead. I am pretty sure you need approval to start the stream though.

Bram can confirm
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

_H2O wrote:
ProjectW wrote:

Can an official staff member confirm this. I've heard otherwise (dont wanna name names)

Here's another example. Allowing everyone to run free with creating tournament content creates confusion.

That's another reason we want to manage it. It's better for the big picture.

I agree with this. It's very important for the ESOC content to be on ESOCTV. There are notable different time zones that I wasn't available for, for my tournament, this resulted in content being all over the place. In some cases not available at all. As a result I have a large backlog of recordings that I mostly have to cast myself, if at all. Having content everywhere just delays it being published and enjoyed for more people. Unless you submit the casting in full and tell ESOC in advance, I don't think it's a good idea at all.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

The tournament matches are run through and administrated by ESOC.

If players choose to ignore the parameters and rules set out such as they are they risk disqualification.

Rules can always be improved and perhaps you can be a part of the discussion for the next tournament, but rules should not be changed in the middle of the tournament.

If you want to organize your own tournament with rules that allow anyone to stream then knock yourself out. ESOC's tournament is something they're giving us. They are not making your life more difficult. They do not owe you anything. But they're probably nice enough to forgive you and welcome you into the approved casters list even after you insulted them.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

ProjectW wrote:Both players want it casted? Check.
Casters and streamers available? Check.
There's audience? Check.

I don't see a problem here..And why can't i say it's a tourney game and tell other people to come watch n enjoy and all have fun? Again why the fuck does ESOC rule makers have a dildo stuck up their behind they are acting like it's multi billion dollar corporation.

Man it's 1.5k prize pool, can't let people do whatever they want, obviously letting anyone cast a tourney game is not safe... The point of being an authorized caster is that they trust you. What if you maphack for one of the players or w/e ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Or what if you start flirting with your girlfriend in the middl... nvm that is allowed.
Pay more attention to detail.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

From the moment you participate in something that was not organized by you..
You just have to follow like rules of something that was very well done ..

If you are not satisfied, bye ..Play random .. but I say, esoc that keeps the game still interesting..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

SO whats gonna happen with GUA vs Samurai?? GuA streamed his own games on his channel but didnt advertise ESOC brand.. Is this ok? Or will the game be void and both players get disqualified?
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

streaming first person is fine said Bramboy already lol
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Though tbh if you stream first person with no delay it's really easy to get people in the chat to advise you
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@Kaiserklein That is like having a coach beside you, which you do not oppose. No reason to have rules that cannot be enforced - it benefits cheaters only.
Pay more attention to detail.