Why can tourney games only be casted/streamed by ESOC?

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Why can tourney games only be casted/streamed by ESOC?

Post by gibson »

ovi12 wrote:
MCJim wrote:The first match yesterday was on a pretty awkward time. The second series was great timed actually. Therefore we decided to cast it offline so we can play it during the weekend to reduce the amount of downtime. We also have like way more viewers then ;)

Well I've guess you've gotta choose between having more viewers watch it, or angering a bunch of people who hate having to wait 5 days for no reason. Personally I would choose to just have less viewers.

There are alternatives as well. Especially since it was a long series, you could've just streamed it by itself at prime time on a weekday. Or, you could've released it on youtube (perhaps as a private video where people need to request the link from you), and still stream it on Sunday.
literally anything would have been more logical than having casters casting in the game but having it streamed from first person pov with 110 viewers.....
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

A more carefully planned stream with no random inannounced short streams and consistent hd quality has been the main guideline that almost tripled the amount of viewers. People here can act as if they know everything better, but at least try to do so without ignoring this fact.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Well the fact is that the monday stream had a record amount of views. And the Mitoe-TLS games were played on monday.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Record amount of views would be 700 though.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

born2believe wrote:Well the fact is that the monday stream had a record amount of views. And the Mitoe-TLS games were played on monday.

Correct, we're in the RO32 now. I assure you that record won't stand this weekend.