Why can tourney games only be casted/streamed by ESOC?

No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Why can tourney games only be casted/streamed by ESOC?

Post by ProjectW »

Both players want it casted, and I've got a co caster and a stream and good internet connection(fiber) ready. But nope, can't cast it. Not allowed, sir. I could be casting the games yet I'm just sitting here jerking myself off.

The whole point of this tourney and ESOC is to bring aoe3 players together. What's the fucking point if you are going to act like this is blizzcon finals. It's the dead fucking game for christs sake, stop acting like this is SC2 or LOL. Even they are not that strict.

If anything, it's going to give free publicity to the game, tourney and ESOC. It's free, we (ppl who wanna cast these games) are not charging anything.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Why can tourney games only be casted/streamed by ESOC?

Post by tedere12 »

why can't you cast them on your channel? what are they going to do to you?
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Ofc you can cast what ever you want on your channel but dont name it esoc tournament game thats all
shit juice :hmm:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

I think the main concern is an "unauthorized obs" that might comunicate with one player during the game, but I dont see why you woulndt be alowed to stream your own games, and iirc, someone even asked about this earlier this week and got one "ok" from the staff..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

and i also need to say...
it can be caste dfrom esoc BUT the problem is that the one who wants always his game casted ask 2h befor the game from him start it isnt possible to do then something!
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

lol if that happens both players can see and they can screenshot and re the games without the caster...
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer

Post by ProjectW »

queenofdestiny wrote:Ofc you can cast what ever you want on your channel but dont name it esoc tournament game thats all

Can an official staff member confirm this. I've heard otherwise (dont wanna name names)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I think you can cast it, but not on the ESOCTV Twitch channel. Not until you have been authorized as a caster, and (probably) the media team decides that they want the series casted. Becoming an authorized caster probably isn't difficult, it is probably nothing more than just a matter of applying and not being utter shit or malicious. Quality control is a good thing for both the enjoyment of ourselves, and marketing reasons - attracting new people to the community.

Keep in mind that there might be reasons the tournament admins wouldn't want a series casted other than the lack of good casters of which we are unaware.
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I think you can stream your own content on your own channel from first-person, since that's not really casting, but just streaming. You can't cheat if you stream first-person I believe.

The reason non-official casters can't stream tourney matches is against cheating with a friend for example.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

edeholland wrote:I think you can stream your own content on your own channel from first-person, since that's not really casting, but just streaming. You can't cheat if you stream first-person I believe.

The reason non-official casters can't stream tourney matches is against cheating with a friend for example.

i didnt know that so forgett what i said!
and its imo a really reason to not cast it by non-offical casters
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer

Post by ProjectW »

Both players want it casted? Check.
Casters and streamers available? Check.
There's audience? Check.

I don't see a problem here..And why can't i say it's a tourney game and tell other people to come watch n enjoy and all have fun?

*Redacted for offensive language and personal attacks*
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Oh yeah, cheating is a good point. Didn't even think of that. Although, one could argue that both players agreeing should be enough to overrule cheating precautions.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer

Post by ProjectW »

edeholland wrote:The reason non-official casters can't stream tourney matches is against cheating with a friend for example.

Yes but if both players are OK with it then what's the problem?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

ProjectW wrote:
edeholland wrote:The reason non-official casters can't stream tourney matches is against cheating with a friend for example.

Yes but if both players are OK with it then what's the problem?

I can't say I know the answer to that, I'm not a tourney admin. But what I did do is ask the Media team to respond, so hang on! :smile:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Hey all,

Players are allowed to stream their first person view in their own tournament series. Delay is not mandatory, but we do heavily recommend a delay of several minutes in order to reduce the risk of stream sniping.

For third person view streams (aka casting) the following most important rules are in place:

1. Tournament series may only be streamed by an authorized caster
  2. Tournament series may only be streamed on ESOCTV
  3. Streams must be approved by a media team member

These rules are in place to protect the players and the ESOCTV brand. Summarized, it all boils down to our audience and our viewer count. Surveys and twitch statistics have indicated that the majority if the viewer base prefers fewer, scheduled streams to unscheduled "random" streams. This might seem surprising to you, but this is explained by the fact that the group preferring as many streams as possible can be categorized as the diehard viewers/players, who, not coincidentally, all meet on this forum. In short, controlling our quality and choosing quality over quantity leads to a better viewer experience in the long term.

Tournament series may not be streamed on any other channel than ESOCTV. This is explained by our priorities in hosting a tournament. Our first priority is to ensure that the most series as possible are played. Unfortunately, this is an almost impossible goal, due to players simply not showing up to schedule and/or dropping out later in the tournament. Our second priority is to stream most series and upload them to youtube. When a series is streamed on a channel other than ESOCTV, we do not have access to the footage in order to upload the series to youtube. In certain cases, exceptions are made when an agreement regarding the footage between the streamer and the media team is made. In the group stages, these three rules are hardly enforced, simply because there are so many series that it would be impossible to schedule, stream, and upload them all.

I hope to have informed you enough. Feel free to ask me any questions if there are any.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

His question is: If it is not streamed on ESOCTV, it does not hurt the ESOCTV brand. If both players agree to playing with observers, ESOC probably shouldn't enforce protection of the players. If neither the protection of the players, nor the ESOCTV brand is a problem, why is it still not allowed?

This is my question as well.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Tbh you can stream whatever you want on your channel lol. Esoc can only control whats streamed on the esoc channel so if you want to cast something on your channel go for it. What are they gonna do, report you to Microsoft?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Well, the recorded games aren't valid tournament games if they have more than two persons in them probably.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer

Post by ProjectW »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
ESOCTV brand.

Srsly bro?
Pepsi is a brand.

ESOC exists to promote AOE3, does it not? It seems to be that you (ESOC) care more about your brand than the game itself. You should have the game's best interest at heart,not ESOC's. What is ESOC without AOE anyways.

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Surveys and twitch statistics have indicated that the majority if the viewer base prefers fewer, scheduled streams to unscheduled "random" streams

If both players are OK with it, there's casters available, and an audience, i gurantee you streaming that game (on ESOC channel or some other channel) is NOT going to bite anyone in the ass. No one will say 'Oh OK, i quit watching AOE cuz some random guy is streaming tourney'. Heck, they won't even know cuz they are not subscribed to my channel.

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
This might seem surprising to you, but this is explained by the fact that the group preferring as many streams as possible can be categorized as the diehard viewers/players, who, not coincidentally, all meet on this forum. In short, controlling our quality and choosing quality over quantity leads to a better viewer experience in the long term.

Stop pulling shit out of your ass. It's not true. No one will stop watching ESOCTV cuz another channel(who he doesn't even know exists) was streaming a ro128 game yesterday for a few people to enjoy.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

ProjectW wrote:Stop pulling shit out of your ass.

XD
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

Can people at least still get added to the casters list and stream on ESOCTV that way? :flowers:
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Did you ask to join as a caster for the ESOC events?

Pretty sure it's advertised regularly. I honestly don't know where all these problems come from.
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

no I am asking now and I had no idea
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

666_X wrote:no I am asking now and I had no idea

Ah I was asking project.

Yea, I'm pretty sure you can still get added to the list provided you send in a sample. I don't see why not.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

...Why the fuck does ESOC rule makers have a dildo stuck up their behind...

...Stop pulling shit out of your ass. ...

Can you please be polite? :flowers: