A list of underrated units

India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

A list of underrated units

Post by _RDX_ »

Hello All,
I just wanted to put this on for people to know. But my estimates are quite approximate. I just calculated the usage & preference ratio of certain units in all civs. Perhaps, this info might make you to create a new build. And once again, I say these estimates are just "approximate".
This list shows how much % the unit is underrated by people:
1) Eagle Runner Knight - 60%
2) Keshik - 75% (people prefer swords)
3) Halbrieders - 95% (Rarely used, that's also in treaty)
4) Rajputs - 85% (IDK, how? They should have earned 99.9%, people like Aizmak use them. Wished there was Urmi instead of this shit in the Indian rax)
5) Samurais - 50% (They are still used occasionally for their mighty siege attack)
6) Flail Elephants - 80% ( People use them on team games merely only through the card)
7) Rodeleros - 35% (There are lot of Spanish builds involving them, but Most of the time people prefer the cannon timing.)
8) Tashunke Prowler - 40% ( I can just say, Sioux goes with Rifle Riders, all the time)
9) Iroquois Mantlets - 70%
10) Iro Battering Ram - 70%
11) Organ Guns - 35%
12) Petards - 45%
13) Renegados - (site's suggestion)
That's the end of the list. Siege Elephants gain an exception by their abusive range and damage. I would have added Howdahs if _H2O and Mitoe didn't introduce and develop the Howdah Laming theory. And I hereby say, that Halbrieders are the most underrated units in the game. Please share your thoughts and opinions about this.
oranges.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Re: A list of underrated units

Post by site »

Please add Renegados to this list. They are underrated.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

nice thread
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's not necessarily that hairdriers are bad units statistically, but that any civ that has halbs also has goons.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

site wrote:Please add Renegados to this list. They are underrated.

I didn't think about mercenaries/saloon units at this case, but I did it.
oranges.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

_RDX_ wrote:Hello All,
I just wanted to put this on for people to know. But my estimates are quite approximate. I just calculated the usage & preference ratio of certain units in all civs. Perhaps, this info might make you to create a new build. And once again, I say these estimates are just "approximate".
4) Rajputs - 85% (IDK, how? They should have earned 99.9%, people like Aizmak use them. Wished there was Urmi instead of this shit in the Indian rax)
5) Samurais - 50% (They are still used occasionally for their mighty siege attack)
6) Flail Elephants - 80% ( People use them on team games merely only through the card)
7) Rodeleros - 35% (There are lot of Spanish builds involving them, but Most of the time people prefer the cannon timing.)
8) Tashunke Prowler - 40% ( I can just say, Sioux goes with Rifle Riders, all the time)
11) Organ Guns - 35%
12) Petards - 45%
That's the end of the list. Siege Elephants gain an exception by their abusive range and damage. I would have added Howdahs if _H2O and Mitoe didn't introduce and develop the Howdah Laming theory. And I hereby say, that Halbrieders are the most underrated units in the game. Please share your thoughts and opinions about this.

This is a perfect example of why maths doesn't work to calculate unit strength tbh. Melee inf is just bad in general since it gets kited. Also eagles aren't underrated it's well known that they are broken units.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'd love to see the calculation that came up with those percentages..... Or were they just pulled out of an ass?
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

gibson wrote:I'd love to see the calculation that came up with those percentages..... Or were they just pulled out of an ass?

Quite an accommodating ass, I'd say! That's a lot of percentages.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

britishmusketeer wrote:
_RDX_ wrote:Hello All,
11) Organ Guns - 35%
12) Petards - 45%

This is a perfect example of why your maths doesn't work tbh. Melee inf is just bad in general since it gets kited. Also eagles aren't underrated it's well known that they are broken units.

Pikemen are melee units indeed, remember not all melee units are bad. Even Doppels are used along with Uhlans and skirms. And I remind you that I calculated this list on usage and preference ratio. I don't care whether they are broken or stuck together.
oranges.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think Halbs are indeed underrated, but not because they're actually really strong. As Dutch sometimes I make halbs when I have too many skirms and only 1 stable and am low on anti cav. Then I'll make a ruyter + halb batch sometimes, as halbs kinda bring the siege utility which is nice if you know you'll be pushing.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

But is really hard to understand what do you mean with this list. There is a bunch of units that arent underrated, they are just bad.
And then there is erk... That might be underrated....only by you, everyone knows they are good and use whenever possible..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I also think samurai could be pretty nice against aztec. Samurai + Yumi = ez win.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

samurai suck unless its @The_Lastsamurai
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

halbs are fine for protect cannons sometimes
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

_RDX_ wrote:And I remind you that I calculated this list on usage and preference ratio.

This doesn't explain anything. Where did you get those from? :hmm: Need a better explanation than that...

Every unit in this game has a use, by the way. It's just a matter of creating the right situation to use them in.
oranges.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The list is kinda subjective. 90% of those units are not underrared, I'd say they are just bad.
That said, it is true that some units are undarrated mostly because people are not aware of some of their stats. It is especially the case of ROF and resistance %, sometimes speed too. Occasionally some units are just forgotten or eclipsed by more popular ones.
From what I've seen some underrated units are:
- rajput, eclipsed by all other indian units and quite pricey early on but still good stats and very spammable later.
- dutch halbs, since with ups they actually get very good stats for a 1 pop unit.
- cetan bows, because most people ignore they have 1.5 ROF, 4.5 speed (on EP) and fail to make stat comparison with other units.
- iro mantlets, which have good stats but they are slow af. Cav is usually more practical.
- iro rams , because they are only a niche siege units and because people ignore their siege damage has 1.5 ROF. Also their cover mode is bugged so they do same damage in that stance.
Image Image Image
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

urumi pretty underrated
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

musketeers
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

milku3459 wrote:urumi pretty underrated

el oh el india much OP everything deed meny power no underrated @Zhanson10

Garja wrote:Also their cover mode is bugged so they do same damage in that stance.

after like 12 years of no life and aoe3 24/7 you would think one knows everything, but no, thats new. cuul.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Flamethrowers
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

milku3459 wrote:urumi pretty underrated

India overall is underrated. People think it's a middle/bottom tier civ, but only the great minds of ESOC have seen the light and know that it is actually OP and has little, if any weaknesses.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:- cetan bows, because most people ignore they have 1.5 ROF, 4.5 speed (on EP) and fail to make stat

No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

yumis
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

Some of these units are good in an unique way. People just ignore and stick with their usual strategy. What will happen if dutch takes halbs instead of ruyters along with skirms?(Referring to the Chinese FF, this is possible) Imo, its still good. Halbs are just slow but they kill cavs instantly, they have very good siege attack. Perhaps dutch might need to add little bit of huss to kill cannons on the way. The Infantry attack/HP and combat card also increases stats of halbs. They cost only 120 res.
There is a card which increases the speed of halbs. but i don't think its good to sacrifice its 0.25 of HP and attack stats to gain more speed. This way, i say halbs are OP.
I'm planning to write a new indian build involving renegadoes. but i don't think people will welcome it.
oranges.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Some people will certainly do! :maniac: