How to report cheaters/hackers?

India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: guyshir

How to report cheaters/hackers?

Post by guyshir »

I have a proof of that two people have cheated, different games and different ways. How and to who I have to report?

Can someone help me on this?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: How to report cheaters/hackers?

Post by pecelot »

Hey, welcome to forums! :flowers:

Please familiarise yourself with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10487

And let's not troll, misdirect or discourage newcomers, shall we? :roll:
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by guyshir »

pecelot wrote:Hey, welcome to forums! :flowers:

Please familiarise yourself with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10487

And let's not troll, misdirect or discourage newcomers, shall we? :roll:

Thanks for the welcome! :D
I sent a message to @KINGofOsmane , I hope takes a look, rest, ctrl+C ctrl+V is always possible. :D

You can troll, but definitely not other two. :P
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Sounds like I've missed sth from the KÖNIGvonOttomans, it makes me sad
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Germany german_söldner
Crossbow

Post by german_söldner »

Hi guys, i have found a new cheater!!!
his Name is junglebungle,
here is the Link
http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Read the rules. Reporting cheaters is not allowed here.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Rules are written to be read. SMH. :chinese:
Pay more attention to detail.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

german_söldner wrote:Hi guys, i have found a new cheater!!!
here is the Link

This account (junglebungle) is known to blatantly cheat in a majority of games. We at ESOC feel your pain and are sorry you had to have a negative experience but we cannot do anything to ban or penalize players who cheat and we make our focus on enjoying age of empires and playing the game together. We also believe that cheating accusation posts do more harm to the community than good.

We hope that you continue to enjoy ESOC’s forums, tournaments, maps, and patch.

What you Can Do:
Use the Pest feature on ESO to ensure you don't encounter a player again that you suspect of cheating.
You can also attempt to report such users to the Microsoft staff (@Plus2Joe and @jennywaboom) at the official Age of Empires Site.
Furthermore, the ESOC patch has measures built into it to prevent the most common types of cheating.
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by guyshir »

_NiceKING_ wrote:This account (junglebungle) is known to blatantly cheat in a majority of games. We at ESOC feel your pain and are sorry you had to have a negative experience but we cannot do anything to ban or penalize players who cheat and we make our focus on enjoying age of empires and playing the game together.

You guys are experienced, you know who cheats and who doesn't. But some people don't. So, how about creating more awareness, so that these people stop playing themselves, or at least, know that no one is willing to play them. Awareness is in our hands, and you guys in Media Team, ESOC Team and all other respective teams can do a better job. If I can help you in any way possible, I will definitely do. :smile:
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by guyshir »

The sad part of the whole thing is, the person who cheats, openly says he has 3 accounts and will do it again if bored. He doesn't give a fuck about eso-community and its team showing all the efforts.

I am not a part of it, but somehow I feel responsible. You guys seriously need to work on something to stop these kind of people who don't respect the gaming spirit.

Proof of all mentioned above: Highlights section: http://www.twitch.tv/guyshir
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

why is this concept so hard to grasp..
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by guyshir »

No offence but why can't we do anything?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

guyshir wrote:No offence but why can't we do anything?

What do you suggest we do? :hmm:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

At this very moment we can't do much apart from encouraging you to play on the cheater-free ESOC Patch and report such people to official MS staff. :smile:
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by guyshir »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
guyshir wrote:No offence but why can't we do anything?

What do you suggest we do? :hmm:

Good to hear that you actually gave a thought. :smile:

Make a permanent threat or a pinned post, about the people who cheat. Once it is done, people will view it, ofcourse. Any sensible person won't play with a person named on the list.
In a game if 4, if any one knows other is the cheater and speaks in front of others, it adds 2 more to the list who know now. Believe in the power of people playing and slowly those account will vanish own their own.

If that doesn't makes sense, make a new account, and start any hack and see how people kick you out of game.

Now, why I am asking you guys, is because, people actually believe what you say rather than me saying. Also, you have a bigger community where you play, it spreads faster. I will do efforts from my side, and that is what this threat is for.

pecelot wrote:At this very moment we can't do much apart from encouraging you to play on the cheater-free ESOC Patch and report such people to official MS staff. :smile:

I appreciate the suggestion and would love to play on it. But unfortunately, I mainly play treaty games, so TP is the place, but very less players on it. If some people agree on RE to switch, we prefer TP for better experience.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Good to hear about the last part, I'm pretty sure the Treaty Patch has its own anti-cheating measurements, too.

We discussed widely and wildly the idea of a cheaters blacklist on our site, but came to conclusion we didn't want to be a place for witch-hunting, as well as we wouldn't be sure about some accusations due to not enough data and proof. We still wouldn't be able to do much other than that, as we have no power to actually punish these guys on ESO — hence, the best way for us is to direct the likes of you to the official AoE forums, where it's way more likely your report will be successful.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

There actually already is a solid website dedicated to tracking the cheaters: http://eso-cheater-list.cf/
It started out a couple months ago and is being actively maintained. Check it out, I think it's what you're looking for.
guyshir wrote:
pecelot wrote:At this very moment we can't do much apart from encouraging you to play on the cheater-free ESOC Patch and report such people to official MS staff. :smile:

I appreciate the suggestion and would love to play on it. But unfortunately, I mainly play treaty games, so TP is the place, but very less players on it. If some people agree on RE to switch, we prefer TP for better experience.

Since latest update, Treaty Patch has been integrated into the EP Launcher and makes use of the same anti-cheating measures we have implemented for the ESOC Patch. So it is indeed the place to be. Did you try asking people to play on the ESOC or Insight Studios Discord servers? You might have better luck finding mates to play with there.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

EAGLEMUT wrote:There actually already is a solid website dedicated to tracking the cheaters: http://eso-cheater-list.cf/
It started out a couple months ago and is being actively maintained. Check it out, I think it's what you're looking for.

The proof submitted there is of very mediocre quality, hence we do not officially endorse it.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

pecelot wrote:The proof submitted there is of very mediocre quality, hence we do not officially endorse it.

Why's that? If recs and age comm stats with tommys in them are mediocre what's good quality proofs?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Fake recs can be conjured in LAN games I think. Also, I don't know if this is the case, but if Moesbarh4x can spawn units for you, then people can frame you by spawning trucks for you, instead of for themselves. That means not even AgeComm stats are reliable.
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

rsy wrote:
pecelot wrote:The proof submitted there is of very mediocre quality, hence we do not officially endorse it.

Why's that? If recs and age comm stats with tommys in them are mediocre what's good quality proofs?

proof for __kali is just a screenshot of his Elo games, while I think oO_chief_Oo or something has just a link for his agecommunity.com page, where I honestly couldn't find any cheat unit he made :hmm:
No Flag junglebungle
Crossbow

Post by junglebungle »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
here is the Link

This account (junglebungle) is known to blatantly cheat in a majority of games. We at ESOC feel your pain and are sorry you had to have a negative experience but we cannot do anything to ban or penalize players who cheat and we make our focus on enjoying age of empires and playing the game together. We also believe that cheating accusation posts do more harm to the community than good.

What you Can Do:
Use the Pest feature on ESO to ensure you don't encounter a player again that you suspect of cheating.
You can also attempt to report such users to the Microsoft staff (@Plus2Joe and @jennywaboom) at the official Age of Empires Site.
Furthermore, the ESOC patch has measures built into it to prevent the most common types of cheating.

Firstly I don't cheat in "majority of games" I play treaty games legit with no cheats BUT I have cheated on a few supremacy games. I have modified the games uiminimappanelnewmin.xml file with new modifiers to see much the game can be altered and it's counter measures and debug purposes. It's more of a hobby and I've mostly done it on unrated games. I have done it on a few rated though yes I admit.

guyshir wrote:The sad part of the whole thing is, the person who cheats, openly says he has 3 accounts and will do it again if bored. He doesn't give a fuck about eso-community and its team showing all the efforts.

I am not a part of it, but somehow I feel responsible. You guys seriously need to work on something to stop these kind of people who don't respect the gaming spirit.

Do not lie. I said I have 3 accounts yes but I never said I would do it again if bored. I have one account which is used for the above purposes I mentioned. My other 2 are legit with no cheats which I've owned since 2008.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

junglebungle wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:
here is the Link

What you Can Do:

Firstly I don't cheat in "majority of games" I play treaty games legit with no cheats BUT I have cheated on a few supremacy games. I have modified the games uiminimappanelnewmin.xml file with new modifiers to see much the game can be altered and it's counter measures and debug purposes. It's more of a hobby and I've mostly done it on unrated games. I have done it on a few rated though yes I admit.

guyshir wrote:The sad part of the whole thing is, the person who cheats, openly says he has 3 accounts and will do it again if bored. He doesn't give a fuck about eso-community and its team showing all the efforts.

Do not lie. I said I have 3 accounts yes but I never said I would do it again if bored. I have one account which is used for the above purposes I mentioned. My other 2 are legit with no cheats which I've owned since 2008.

One time cheater always cheater!
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag junglebungle
Crossbow

Post by junglebungle »

One time cheater always cheater!

If you say so.