suggestion for small tournament TWC

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: suggestion for small tournament TWC

Post by spanky4ever »

pecelot wrote:@spanky4ever, what rules do you suggest then?

I do not have all the answers for that, but I have been approached my n0el, that had some thoughts about it, and are currently working on it.
I also like the suggestion made by @britishmusketeer, making rules that you have to play all civs at least one time.
-H20 also said that he will think about how it best could B done.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

The real thought about this tournament i think is to not say they are very one-sided match-ups and to make new ways to beat your opponent and to explore TWC civs. It makes little sense when the point of the tournament is to make people think more about these civs. With the recent revamp of Sioux in EP3 I think we could see some very exciting strats come out of this.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Why it's so hard to understand that in tournaments people play for the win, not for the show to the viewers?
And forcing them to play certain civs is really noobish for tournament with prizepool.

that being said twc civs are way more fun to play and unique in general compared to eurocivs, maybe you should try them before crying @momuuu ^^
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

princeofkabul wrote:Why it's so hard to understand that in tournaments people play for the win, not for the show to the viewers?
And forcing them to play certain civs is really noobish for tournament with prizepool.

that being said twc civs are way more fun to play and unique in general compared to eurocivs, maybe you should try them before crying @momuuu ^^

they are not. get rekt prince
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

princeofkabul wrote:Why it's so hard to understand that in tournaments people play for the win, not for the show to the viewers?

I think that's mostly opinion based, but if you take a look at the stats and the amount that people play civs it seems that generally people enjoy TWC civs less, while for example TAD civs are relatively very popular.

If we have a game with 14 civs (and the poor balance that that implies) then I do not understand why you'd limit the civs available. There are tons of cool match ups and I personally love the variety of them. ESOC Winter was boring with german and french all over, this tournament would be boring with only 6 match ups in total.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Jerom wrote:

I think that's mostly opinion based, but if you take a look at the stats and the amount that people play civs it seems that generally people enjoy TWC civs less, while for example TAD civs are relatively very popular.

If we have a game with 14 civs (and the poor balance that that implies) then I do not understand why you'd limit the civs available. There are tons of cool match ups and I personally love the variety of them. ESOC Winter was boring with german and french all over, this tournament would be boring with only 6 match ups in total.

dont be such a downer and explore the game
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Jerom wrote:

dont be such a downer and explore the game

make natives great again
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

WickedCossack wrote:I still want the WoL tournament that was promised. I could get motivated to practice some Zulus or Greek.

This would be epic! I would love to see a Greek water boom on Indonesia.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

lordraphael wrote:

they are not. get rekt prince

no u
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

get bent
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:

Well he's right in that twc civs are objectively more unique than nilla civs. There's more diversity among the 3 twc civs than among 8 nilla civs
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

@spanky4ever I think if you allow TWC civs ONLY, you won't truly see the best of each civ. If you really like TWC civs, or in particular Sioux, then you would want to see all the civs potential and all their interesting strategies..

Sioux would play very differently against Japs or Dutch than against Aztecs/Sioux/Iro probably, so other civs are a must-have in a TWC-tournament I feel.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

edeholland wrote:@spanky4ever I think if you allow TWC civs ONLY, you won't truly see the best of each civ. If you really like TWC civs, or in particular Sioux, then you would want to see all the civs potential and all their interesting strategies..

Sioux would play very differently against Japs or Dutch than against Aztecs/Sioux/Iro probably, so other civs are a must-have in a TWC-tournament I feel.

So what are you proposing for rules, that would make sure its NOT just another, almost all games with European civs? Im curious to listen to your thoughts on this?

The reason for me wanting to donate to a tournament like this, is the fact that natives are so rarely played, and I believe if more ppl knew more about them, they would be played more- and that would enrich/benefit all of us. More fun games, more diversity, etc. Cos right now, Im kind of getting a little bored with Europeans civs only.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Ive made a suggestion about that some pages ago, but apparently you didnt care since my name doesnt have a funky color
r]
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Well I guess better to host a DM tourney than tourney with TWC civs? Would be interesting to see DM I'm looking forward to it I hope ESOC makes some arrangements about it.
:nwc:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gichtenlord wrote:Ive made a suggestion about that some pages ago, but apparently you didnt care since my name doesnt have a funky color

I have read you post @Gichtenlord - and its one of perhaps many suggestion that the esoc team will take into consideration I guess. Dont know what you mean by not having "funky color"? Your colors are just fine :love:
I have been asked to come up with suggestions on how to best do this, but I am not in positions to make the final arrangements or the rulings.
At this stage, I welcome anyone who have interesting suggestions to make, and it will be taking in to considerations by the team, Im sure :love:
Lets just get it on :idea: :P
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Well I guess better to host a DM tourney than tourney with TWC civs? Would be interesting to see DM I'm looking forward to it I hope ESOC makes some arrangements about it.

Im sure that is a good idea. But it will/should not be instead of this one, rather in additions too. :idea:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think that a TWC civs only tournament would limit exponentially the possibile match ups, so it would be wise to have one free pick and one forced TWC pick for every game imo. Probably the TWC-forced-pick player should pick last, but i don't think this needs to be adressed now.

For the format i think that a round-robin* BO2 (every game counts, player gets 1 point per win and 0 point per loss, and every player has to pick a TWC civ at least once in every round) would make for a good first stage, with a second stage consisting in play-offs with semifinals and finals (BO3 or BO5) between the 4 players with the top score.

* every player needs to play against every other player, so this is possible depending on how many sign ups there are. Obviously with 128 sign ups there would be a total of (128x127x2)=32512 games, which is kind of a lot, and probably if every player has to play against 127 other players the tournament would last 2 years. So maybe if this is the format that you are going to use you should limit the sign ups to 8 or something like that and let the highest rated players play.

For the semifinals you could make BO3 with:
G1 TWC-vs-Free pick
G2 Free pick-vs-TWC
G3 TWC-vs-TWC
And for the finals add 2 games to make it BO5 maybe:
G4 TWC-vs-Free pick
G5 Free pick-vs-TWC

I don't know the maps so i can't give suggestions on those :/

If you don't want to exclude anyone from the sign ups then i think that round robin is not possible, you should probably stick to BO3 direct/double elimiantion or even BO1 to speed things up.

Anyway, i like the idea a lot and i would love to see more TWC civs in action! Good luck with this tournament! :flowers:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

like your ambitions @gamevideo113 AND I wish this would be a big tournament - and an inclusive one, but I fear this is to big - I wish I was wrong though. Hey Admins - could we please have a tournament like this? Would blow my mind if we did :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :love:
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

I think Iwillspankyou makes a good point, natives are very unique and offer a lot of style options. Aztec FI was such a unique strat that it took the community years to land on it, and once they did they nerfed it cause it was too strong. Imo that lends to the eurocentric tourney meta
De Funk
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I am not speaking for the media team or anything, but don't worry, the staff is aware of what you want. However, I suggest you talk to a member of the media team directly if you want to know more.