No
36%

Total votes: 74

Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Re: WCG-style tournament

Post by lemmings121 »

eulergauss wrote:If just 1 player per country would be allowed, it would be just a normal tourney with less quality => :-(
If more then one player for some countries would be allowed, it wouldn't be a special event, but just a normal tourney with a bit less quality => :-(

BUT it would work, if it would be
a) 2vs2, 1 team from each country
b) 1v1, but in teams, every team has one teamleader, normal teamplayers can play only once, the teamleader can play twice, first game is teamleader vs teamleader, after that the winner team picks player and civ first and the other team can counter

it could be general a invitational with selected countries like Germany, France, Dutch, China, Austria, USA, Brazil, Japan, ...

problem is this getting too complicated. then it becomes strong world, where half palyer didnt understand the rules or just didnt have patience to read them.... and you have to deal with schedulling with a bunch of people at the same time, which is hell.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Btw, I'm already hyped.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i would keep it simple as well, something like britishmusketeer described was also what i was thinking of.
Germany eulergauss
Crossbow

Post by eulergauss »

lemmings121 wrote:
eulergauss wrote:If just 1 player per country would be allowed, it would be just a normal tourney with less quality => :-(
If more then one player for some countries would be allowed, it wouldn't be a special event, but just a normal tourney with a bit less quality => :-(

BUT it would work, if it would be
a) 2vs2, 1 team from each country
b) 1v1, but in teams, every team has one teamleader, normal teamplayers can play only once, the teamleader can play twice, first game is teamleader vs teamleader, after that the winner team picks player and civ first and the other team can counter

it could be general a invitational with selected countries like Germany, France, Dutch, China, Austria, USA, Brazil, Japan, ...

problem is this getting too complicated. then it becomes strong world, where half palyer didnt understand the rules or just didnt have patience to read them.... and you have to deal with schedulling with a bunch of people at the same time, which is hell.

Probably you are right and only 1v1 tournaments are possible :hmm:
Or you make an one day event, where only teams sign up, which have time on that day and then make short BO3's. If too many teams sign up you could prefer teams with a higher combined elo rating.
But if it would come to 1v1 i would in general prefer something like the starvation tournament, for example you could make a tourney with water maps only, or with kind of arena maps (like in aoe2) where you start with a fort, walls and towers in the beginning.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:
gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:The answer is rather easy ofc, have good sign up restrictions. Major up maybe, or capt up. Since last tourney some capts been showing good runs vs high lvl.
Thanks 4 the shoutout

ur not even a captain m8
I've been exshposed!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I will host a qualifier here in Cyprus.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Snuden wrote:I will host a qualifier here in Cyprus.

Kebab on the house!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

we should make an europa universalis 4 tourney. Everyone plays 1 province minors. Should be fun.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lemmings121 wrote:single civ per player tournament? you have to choose your civ in the signup.

There are multiple possibilities, but I wouldn't say yours is the best one due to counter-picking system etc. :!:
__Uhlan__ wrote:Yeah but there is a sense of pride representing your nation that could be fun, not necessarily competitive.

Right, but the bond with your fellow countrymen online are much weaker than with, let's say, sportsmen you support. The latter act like role models, they're celebrities, proud to represent your nation among the other 190, whereas here — not so much. But sure, we could try it out.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

pecelot wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:single civ per player tournament? you have to choose your civ in the signup.
There are multiple possibilities, but I wouldn't say yours is the best one due to counter-picking system etc. :!:
Yea sure, it was just a sugestion of one of the possible ways of avoinding the "counter picking system" that we use as standard, since it restricts the played MUs.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Hasn't there already been such a tourney? I just remember Boneng played India. Japanese one?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:we should make an europa universalis 4 tourney. Everyone plays 1 province minors. Should be fun.

Yu are worse than goodspeed on his go hype...

I guess u play too much eu4 thats why u almost got rekt by gs too :p better shape up rappamas, opley_winterston is coming
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

lordraphael wrote:we should make an europa universalis 4 tourney. Everyone plays 1 province minors. Should be fun.

asphalt 8 tourney plz
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

princeofkabul wrote:

asphalt 8 tourney plz

on phones only though plz, livestream on twitch with GoPro mounted to head.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

deleted_user wrote:
sergyou wrote:
deleted_user wrote:In past Call of Duty World Championships, the largest tourney of the year btw (1 mil first place prize), was stuctured like this, such that a lot of the viewers at home were watching some teams that were just blatantly worse than most of them. It was weird and is rather off-putting.

Wich ? Had to be codxp ( mw3 ) because the world championships from black ops 2 weren't
Like this , 4
Names that come in mind from USA Optic , fariko , envy and complexety

cod ghosts off the top of my head

it's not that only one-per-country but more that pretty much any country could be represented and it proved for some really non entertaining and downright lopsided games in the largest tourney of the year

On ghosts was even worse , it was per continent pretty much Europe were only uk teams , america were only North American teams and then the aussies nothIng else