Aoe 3 nowadays enough skilled players?

Germany NuKi
Crossbow

Re: Aoe 3 nowadays enough skilled players?

Post by NuKi »

mymF_blasdg wrote:so wait, when you say that "we lost a 3v3 and then Daut left" you were in MMC?
Besides StarSky, Nightscream and Daut no one really was Top20 for a really long time and even I was German top 9 ELO for like 2 weeks in TWC, which doesnt mean anything :P
No I am really curious, who are you Nuki?

well yea, probably more like 20-50 for most of the time
No Flag mymF_blasdg
Crossbow

Post by mymF_blasdg »

yo no problem I didnt mean to insult you or anything, I am just very curious what your nickname is/was simply because its possible that we have met sometime ago and I also like seeing old players again ;)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

pecelot wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:3K at Christmas. That only happens once a year though ...

Some steam stats http://steamcharts.com/app/105450

the number of active players online recently was the highest it had ever been, I'm sure @EAGLEMUT can bring the data!

Well, Wicked already posted the link :P

I'll just list a few notes:
January 2017 saw the highest peak ever of Steam AoE3 players at 5546.
The numbers are quite consistently on the rise, previous record peak was January 2016 at 5248.
As another example, April 2017 in comparison with April 2016 saw about a 25% increase of Steam AoE3 players' activity and about a 5% increase of ESO players' activity.

Some more recent stuff I've only started tracking since a year ago:
Average daily unique ESO users ranged from about 8000 to 11000 for a given month.
On average, 400 ESO accounts have been created daily (yes, that's not a mistake, frikkin' daily).
26278 ESO accounts have been created in December 2016 alone. 165243 total.

Afaik Microsoft had to generate a new batch of product keys twice in the last year, since the supplies were exhausted.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

those 5K stats refer to players playing the game through steam? so probably majority playing offline scenerio? those dont refer to use online on eso do they?
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I dont believe for a second that 400 eso accounts get created each day. If there was just a 5% retention rate eso would be seeing massive growth. Whatever is reporting new accounts to steam or eso or whatever is messed up
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

I always found the amount of created accounts per day questionable. Though I don't really see how Microsoft can mess up something easy like that.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

I know lots of people create their account, make a lobby to play with a friend vs some AI a few times and never get into competitive mode.
Maybe thats why we cabt feel the community growing as much as numbers say...
I guess we should look at the number of accounts that log on to eso regularly throughout a month or a year if we want to analyse the ammount of hardcore players (disregarding their rank). I dunno if that statistic exists though

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

giveuanxiety wrote:those 5K stats refer to players playing the game through steam? so probably majority playing offline scenerio? those dont refer to use online on eso do they?

Correct, it is the number of players playing the game through Steam doing whatever they feel like (campaign/skirmish/LAN/ESO/Scenarios..). So no, not all of those are online on ESO. Taking into account that not all ESO players are using Steam either, the actual number of these Steam players on the ESO platform seems to be less than half.

gibson wrote:I dont believe for a second that 400 eso accounts get created each day. If there was just a 5% retention rate eso would be seeing massive growth. Whatever is reporting new accounts to steam or eso or whatever is messed up

Well, not on a typical day; while 400 is the total average, most days usually get closer to 200. The number jumps massively around Steam sales, though.
Source of this data is here: http://agecommunity.com/_server_status_/
It does sound crazy indeed, but since the number is presented on a Microsoft-maintained page which is communicating directly with ESO, and this number also correctly correlates with Steam sales, I'm inclined to believe it is real. They even have another field there for accounts created per week and it checks out as well.

macacoalbino wrote:I guess we should look at the number of accounts that log on to eso regularly throughout a month or a year if we want to analyse the ammount of hardcore players (disregarding their rank). I dunno if that statistic exists though

Nope, don't have such a statistic currently, not tracking individual accounts.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

pecelot wrote:
Uhlan and kami_ryu, for instance, from rather newer ones at the top you have diarouga and hazza

Diarouga is retired forever :( so... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

NekoBerk wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Uhlan and kami_ryu, for instance, from rather newer ones at the top you have diarouga and hazza

Diarouga is retired forever :( so... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

He plays occasionaly...
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

NekoBerk wrote:
pecelot wrote:

I saw him playing with kaiser today