twitch/ageofempires Tomorrow

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

twitch/ageofempires Tomorrow

Post by giveuanxiety »

The Microsoft Community team will be streaming on their channel @ twitch/ageofempires tomorrow at 10-11 PST (someone can convert that to gmt). They will be streaming aoe2 so It wont show up on our side panel but try to remember to stop by during their stream and show some support.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Re: twitch/ageofempires Tomorrow

Post by BrookG »

It should be 17-18 GMT. Is it 10-11am, right?
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

AOE2, as usual, I honestly don't know why its more popular than 3, I personally prefer 3 for online play. AOE2 does have good campaigns though, more in depth than aoe3. Still if im online then i will be sure to jump in and ask for some aoe3 to be streamed ! I will probably be flamed by aoe2 fanboys .
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Why would I show support for AoE2?
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Not trying to go full in depth with large post but, this is the first time microsoft employee's have used their stream in about 3 years. (Back in a time when we would occasionally have over 1,000 active viewers), They will strream aoe3 in the future. Success for their channel=success for esoc.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

giveuanxiety wrote:They will strream aoe3 in the future.

We will support them in the future then :uglylol:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

AoE staff have always marketed AoE2. Just because they're using a different medium this time (Twitch) doesn't mean that they'll support AoE3 in the future. You shouldn't get your hopes up.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

lol trust me they will. These are people I have been emailing suggestions for twitch and aoe3. and the guy playing on the stream is an old friend I knew when the channel first started for AOEO. Also if their audience grows again even if its for aoe2, then their 21,000 followers will see the channel is back and start tunning in more often. Then I will be able to guest stream on that channel playing aoe3 to a larger audience. Also we will be able to propose for their channel to host the esoctv channel.

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't think we should harbor any negative feelings towards Microsoft's community leads, though. I don't give a shit about aoe2 so when they play aoe2 I don't watch. Not too hard to do.

No one there probably even really knows how to play aoe3 vs aoe2 anyways. And aoe2 is still the community's favorite.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

CelticCrusader wrote:AOE2, as usual, I honestly don't know why its more popular than 3...

thats probably bec in the early 2000s it was like THE lan party game among unreal tournament, the old counter strike and star craft.

when aoe3 was released, the gaming world kinda changed an RTS already wasnt such a big thing anymore and console kidz were rising everywhere, and when the whole internet thing became fast enough for decent online gaming everything changed, i still remember tho sitting weekends in shady holes 24/7 with lots of beers and other nerds playing via LAN 24/7...