Best civs for improving

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Best civs for improving

Post by gamevideo113 »

I was wondering what are the civs that improve your game sense the most when you play them. I guess versatile civs require you to make a lot of decisions so i was thinking that maybe france or india could be good ones. What are your thoughts?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Best civs for improving

Post by tedere12 »

british
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Casting my ballot for France.

Can play colonial, but ultimately wants to reach fortress which is current meta anyways. Finding that timing is important, choosing the correct age 2 card order and age 3 card order is important, being able to hold rushes is important, macro and skirm goon micro is important. Knowing when to cav switch is important. Knowing when to ship falcs is important. France is good practice for all of these. Just an all around civ that trains skills that, when mastered, can translate to other civs nicely.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

deleted_user wrote:Casting my ballot for France.

Can play colonial, but ultimately wants to reach fortress which is current meta anyways. Finding that timing is important, choosing the correct age 2 card order and age 3 card order is important, being able to hold rushes is important, macro and skirm goon micro is important. Knowing when to cav switch is important. Knowing when to ship falcs is important. France is good practice for all of these. Just an all around civ that trains skills that, when mastered, can translate to other civs nicely.

Nuh uh Callen, France is just a broken civ that requires no skill to play.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

yea, play france.
P.S. don't listen to this guy ^
India saksham
Crossbow
ESO: Saksham

Post by saksham »

Yeah ignore whatever that guy says
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

There are many threads on this topic... please search for them and you will find interesting discussions
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

India is too hard for beginners man, you only should use it if you use a lot of hotkeys, Frenchs are a better option, since they can play on every map decently (except Hispaniola, Bayou, etc... shitty maps). @gamevideo113 do you speak spanish? Por cierto, yo te podría enseñar a jugar un poco :), buscame en la ESO como NekoBerk
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

NekoBerk wrote:India is too hard for beginners man, you only should use it if you use a lot of hotkeys, Frenchs are a better option, since they can play on every map decently (except Hispaniola, Bayou, etc... shitty maps). @gamevideo113 do you speak spanish? Por cierto, yo te podría enseñar a jugar un poco :), buscame en la ESO como NekoBerk

India isn't hard lol simply cuz of being probably the most versatile civ in the game. I had decent success at ms - 1 lt level using just 'find tc', 'make vill' hotkeys.

Honestly different civs require you to be good at different skills so it is hard to point at a particular civ that is good at improving overall more than other civs. But if I had to choose one civ, it would probably be japan. It requires decent tc defense, timing push and map control skills.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

India may be versatile but they are too "unstandard" for beginners imho, for example, their hand cavalry.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

rsy wrote:
NekoBerk wrote:India is too hard for beginners man, you only should use it if you use a lot of hotkeys, Frenchs are a better option, since they can play on every map decently (except Hispaniola, Bayou, etc... shitty maps). @gamevideo113 do you speak spanish? Por cierto, yo te podría enseñar a jugar un poco :), buscame en la ESO como NekoBerk

India isn't hard lol simply cuz of being probably the most versatile civ in the game. I had decent success at ms - 1 lt level using just 'find tc', 'make vill' hotkeys.

Honestly different civs require you to be good at different skills so it is hard to point at a particular civ that is good at improving overall more than other civs. But if I had to choose one civ, it would probably be japan. It requires decent tc defense, timing push and map control skills.

Their macro is hard, you need a good macro and multi-tasking, that's why French is better for start, since they have the most easiest macro in the game beside Russia.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

rsy wrote:India isn't hard lol simply cuz of being probably the most versatile civ in the game

india has literally one build, sepoy rush. only thing you can do is decide "what kind of sepoy rush am I using this game?"

how is that the most versatile civ?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

India probably has the highest skill cap of any civ in the game, unless you choose to just sepoy rush every single game.

I think British and France are the 2 civs you'll want to be looking at here.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

French, pretty straight forward civ and you can directly see the result of decisions without the risk of being decived by minor mistakes (e.g. bad micro in a fight or occsasional big mismacro).
Image Image Image
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

lemmings121 wrote:
rsy wrote:India isn't hard lol simply cuz of being probably the most versatile civ in the game

india has literally one build, sepoy rush. only thing you can do is decide "what kind of sepoy rush am I using this game?"

Uhmm.. Howdah Karni FF? Charminar Gate Rajput? Taj Mahal Urumi FI? Double stable zam?
I've seen all of those and then some.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America Alex Rosenquist
Crossbow
ESO: DefenderAX

Post by Alex Rosenquist »

And the discussion that follows will consist of high level players squabbling and shouting as if they were moody twelve years old girls fighting over the cutest guy in class.
A robot walks into a bar, orders a drink, and lays down some cash.

"Hey," The Bartender says, "we don't serve robots."

"Yet," The robot interjects, seizing and taking a swig of the next guy's drink.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Zhanson10 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Casting my ballot for France.

Nuh uh Callen, France is just a broken civ that requires no skill to play.
You must be joking. French broken civ? xD
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

Uhmm.. Howdah Karni FF? Charminar Gate Rajput? Taj Mahal Urumi FI? Double stable zam?

Double musk? 5-vill huss opening? gren rush? aklak rush? lb+pike rush? semi-FF? VC? Black-Watch-FF? Rocket-FI? all-out water? :hmm:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

pecelot wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:india has literally one build, sepoy rush. only thing you can do is decide "what kind of sepoy rush am I using this game?"

Double musk? 5-vill huss opening? gren rush? aklak rush? lb+pike rush? semi-FF? VC? Black-Watch-FF? Rocket-FI? all-out water? :hmm:

6 mosk?
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Germany, Britain, France, India, Japan. Forget about playing other civilizations.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

pecelot wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Uhmm.. Howdah Karni FF? Charminar Gate Rajput? Taj Mahal Urumi FI? Double stable zam?

can i add 600c (for flails) 5 sepoy rush to mutmut's builds pls! @macacoalbino
also 300 export builds, 2.35 wood trickle 300 export opening, rajput sowar tiger claw timings, FI for 5 ottoman great bombards
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Really thanks to everyone for answering! Most of you said french and some said british, so i guess those are the civs i am looking for. I'm not really new to the game (2nd lieut, i use hotkeys although i'm not very good at microing with control groups), i just think i am not that great at making decisions in game (especially in 1v1s) so was looking for a civ that could help me a bit in this regard.

I was also wondering, what about russia and aztecs? They are not as straight forward as french but they seem to have a few options for both the short and long term.

@NekoBerk unfortunately i don't speak spanish but yeah, i could definitely use some help, so i might hit you up on ESO when i log in. Thanks!
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

stay away from NekoBerk
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

idk.... are those really viable without a 5pr skill gap over your opponent? they all feel like tricky builds like a german renegado rush or a oto fast revolt... yeah it might work sometimes, but its not a really convincing playstyle.

pretty much all tournament games with india are sepoy rushes, the only game that comes to my mind is the h20's howdah ff, that most people say its easier to counter then standard aggressive play.
The only other games that india doesn't sepoy rush, is when against something even more aggressive like russia, where india is defending..

Obviously I cant say that i'm absolutely sure about my 'always rush' statement, so i'd like some imput from you guys stating in which cases/mus there is a better build then just sepoy rush.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

lemmings121 wrote:

and thats why we need more Boneng in this community :mrgreen: