Voobly - An alternate platform for aoe 3.

Do you know about this?

Yeah, I've played there too.
49%
Just heard of it, Never tried.
48%
Nope, I never knew about it.
3%

Total votes: 63

Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: Voobly - An alternate platform for aoe 3.

Post by _NiceKING_ »

gamevideo113 wrote:Keep in mind that in your first 10 or so games you will win/lose 2 times the amount of elo in order for you to reach your true elo more quickly. Your opponent will still get normal amounts even if you lost 2x.

Nothing changes if you are new. It's the same formula for everyone.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:Keep in mind that in your first 10 or so games you will win/lose 2 times the amount of elo in order for you to reach your true elo more quickly. Your opponent will still get normal amounts even if you lost 2x.

I know, it's a duty of a moderator to say that. I started playing on voobly from 2012. It has been 5 years and still I never get appropriate rating for each game I play. I have 10 - 12 voobly accs, this problem still persists. And this has happened to lot of my mates and well known people, like 30+, if I am not wrong. I can prove you too. Anyways, I think we shouldn't be discussing a lot of things about Voobly here, as this is ESO community not Voobly community.
oranges.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

_RDX_ wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:

I know, it's a duty of a moderator to say that. I started playing on voobly from 2012. It has been 5 years and still I never get appropriate rating for each game I play. I have 10 - 12 voobly accs, this problem still persists. And this has happened to lot of my mates and well known people, like 30+, if I am not wrong. I can prove you too. Anyways, I think we shouldn't be discussing a lot of things about Voobly here, as this is ESO community not Voobly community.

Well it sucks that even after 5 years with 10-12 acc. you didn't get how rating system works on voobly. The amount of points you gain/lose mostly depends on the elo of the player you lost to. Like if you lose to a much higher player you lose very few points, when you beat a much higher player you gain more points (like 23 or something) than usual etc etc. Also, eso elo system works on similar concept. Tbh, voobly has quite decent rating system.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

Well, My statement was something different. I just gave examples of what exactly happens to me and which happens to others, I randomly win/lose points. This is what I was saying for the beginning. I know how a elo system works and all that. Btw I have got very low points vs player with higher elo and lost a lot of points vs players with lower elo. Me, my mates, others who I know, certainly have this problem. They bashed voobly with a very 'shit' language only for this. Stop discussing about this a lot, I only mentioned what I've experienced and I opened this thread just to recommend voobly for those who are tired of playing gr.
oranges.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

_RDX_ wrote:Anyways, I think we shouldn't be discussing a lot of things about Voobly here, as this is ESO community not Voobly community.

There's nothing wrong with that — especially in a thread dedicated for Voobly discussion :flowers:
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

_RDX_ wrote:Btw I have got very low points vs player with higher elo and lost a lot of points vs players with lower elo.

Can you post the links to these matches?
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
_RDX_ wrote:Btw I have got very low points vs player with higher elo and lost a lot of points vs players with lower elo.

Can you post the links to these matches?

6 mins, he dropped and he won 20 points wtf

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/15739983

How the heck do you think this is possible?

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/15739572

lol
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/15733381

I have 600+ games where this happened in different accs of mine. I'll have to search one by one to prove to your expectation. It might take even days, if you need it.
oranges.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

1. Points you won/lost look normal.
2. Losing points when your opponent drops is, of course, wrong, but it happens even on ESO. That's why Voobly has Complaints forum where u can ask for match reset.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

No No No No.....You lie. :!: The 3rd game has some issues. 6+6+6 = 17?? And why doesn't it show the team mates who dropped the connection during the match?? :?:
oranges.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

_RDX_ wrote:No No No No.....You lie. :!: The 3rd game has some issues. 6+6+6 = 17??

17/3=5.66666666667, which rounds up to 6.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

What causes game points to be altered?
  • If a player drops due to connectivity problems, the individual will not gain points.
  • If allies switch teams mid-game, the points will alter accordingly.
  • If cheating of any kind is discovered in a rated game, the perpetrator(s) will be penalized.
  • If there is a system error, please report it on the complaints forum and your match will be reset.

You can read more about the Rating System here: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/65/Rating-System
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

Okay you win!
oranges.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

This thread has been updated with the 6th FAQ which says you can play on EP/Treaty Patch on voobly.
oranges.