We want your feedback!

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: We want your feedback!

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:no natives, exept for a few azteks, almost no Otto - guess you are satisfied with this. Well, I am not :hmm:

Dont get me wrong though, I love the tournaments and all the effort the staff are putting down. Just would wish for more of the civs being played.

There was a ton of otto, and a decent amount of azzy. If sioux is not much played, it's not because of the patch, but of the players, since sioux is better on ep than on re. Can't force people to pick those civs if they don't like them.
Not sure how much iro was played, but anyway if the tourney was hosted on RE iro would be banned, so it would be even worse. Same for otto btw.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/stats?t=age3ySP1v1

Fact of the matter is that those civs, and spain too, are on average just really unpopular. Even on a patch where the native civs are really good. Iwillspankyou needs to start looking at hard facts and not just at her own opinion based on no facts at all.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Pros: good prize pool, good media managing (stream schedule, vods, previews, etc.), fair rules
Cons: lack of depth, unprofessional map balance calls

My toughts on future tourneys:
Prizes
- 4th place should get some money
Civs
Next tourney should be one civ only for each player for the whole tourney so that players have to prepare in depth for both favorable and unfavorable conditions. Plus level of play will rise up as players will stick to what they are expert with.

Maps
Every round should somehow grant a land tp, a land no tp and a water map in the first 3 games. Map should be mixed in size as well as res amount, etc. Map pools should planned more carefully and in advance to ensure fairness.
I'm not sure about the veto system. Major perk is that it grant some extra fairness as map pools are often unpleasent.
A solution is to propose 3 maps for each game of a round and let each player veto one. This way you still force them to play a map with certain features but allow some preferences.
Image Image Image
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Yeah, I like this idea of a tourney were you can prepare the MU very well by knowing the civ and the kind of map in advance.
I think the current format is better in general but doing this once would be really funny
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:Next tourney should be one civ only for each player for the whole tourney so that players have to prepare in depth for both favorable and unfavorable conditions. Plus level of play will rise up as players will stick to what they are expert with.

Only 1 civ for the whole tourney??? How boring for the viewers... And it's not like you can pick all civs, most aren't good enough to be your only pick, so a lot of players will have the same civ and viewers will watch only mirrors of the same civ all tourney long... Would probs be full brit mirrors with current ep, how lovely
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Nah, lot of players will might pick french or something like that but others will pick their main. Talking strictly about balance colonial civs are probably favoured with this setup. Balance is good enough to allow pretty much any civ anyway.
And it also more interesting to watch players doing their best with a known civ than failing with many others.
Image Image Image
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I agree on most points already made regarding the actual staff. But on the other hand I would like to see less trolling from the community side since it frequently renders discussions useless starting at page 2 or 3.

Thanks for all your understanding
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Locking in a civ for an entire tournament is simply a stupid idea. You will just get much fewer diversity because you cant actually lock in a civ like Dutch.. And also getting to the finals is then also just a matter of being lucky because you face people with civs taht your civ can easily beat. It'd be the least competitive setting I can even imagine.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Thats why I suggested single civ tournament as a side and small event :)
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

A Tourney with 1 civ would be fun ,and IrishFaithful will win by default :lol:
:nwc:
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

I suggest thinking about 1-3 day (weekend) tournaments, where you just reserve a weekend or something for a complete tournament. With qualifiers beforehand, this would make for a high level and fast tournament on the side rather than only having the tournaments which take up months of scheduling and scattered viewer numbers. Just a thought ofcourse.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

I really like the sound of 1 civ tourney. However, some MUs always lean towards one side. Maybe as a special event, where all brit, all india players, etc. team up. Group stage/2nd chance still need attention, as for the first they have trouble with the rules and the second doesn't have much screen time. Unfortunately, chrisie took the burden of streaming/casting most games.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Lol. I proposed the one-civ tourney idea, nobody says anything.

Later Lemmings2 and Garja say it's a good idea, everyone starts appreciating it.

xD
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

You should have realised by now that ESOC is one big conspiracy against you, Dolan.
Pay more attention to detail.
Colombia Jjtuxtron
Crossbow

Post by Jjtuxtron »

A FFA event could be interesting, this is the way it will work:

Each time a player loses, the game ends then, it restarts but without the loser.

The player who kills another player gets 40$ or any amount
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Jerom wrote:Locking in a civ for an entire tournament is simply a stupid idea. You will just get much fewer diversity because you cant actually lock in a civ like Dutch.. And also getting to the finals is then also just a matter of being lucky because you face people with civs taht your civ can easily beat. It'd be the least competitive setting I can even imagine.

If you cant lock with a civ then there is a major balance problem. I would not lock in with Dutch, but that's me. There are players who say Dutch is in good shape this patch so I see no reason why you shuldnt look with it if you main it. You gonna win and lose games with any civ anyway.
As for civ diversity, it is pretty much the same. People will stick to one civ rather than conveniently switch to the same civ depending upon the map.
Image Image Image
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Gendarme wrote:You should have realised by now that ESOC is one big conspiracy against you, Dolan.

Funded by Soros and the globalists, yeah.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:
Gendarme wrote:You should have realised by now that ESOC is one big conspiracy against you, Dolan.

Funded by Soros and the globalists, yeah.
HIS NAME WAS DOLAN AND HE WAS MURDERED BY ESOC
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:[Would probs be full brit mirrors with current ep, how lovely

Imagine the meta shift!
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

really have a problem men..
I can't upload..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

One more thing.
Dying civilizations are hurt by verbal squabbles, but finished by expulsion of their best warriors.
Gentlemen,
free Diarouga
8-) :mad: 8-) -> 8-) :cry: 8-) -> :flowers: ^_^ :flowers: -> :blush: -> :pop:
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Garja wrote:Pros: good prize pool, good media managing (stream schedule, vods, previews, etc.), fair rules
Cons: lack of depth, unprofessional map balance calls

My toughts on future tourneys:
Prizes
- 4th place should get some money
Civs
Next tourney should be one civ only for each player for the whole tourney so that players have to prepare in depth for both favorable and unfavorable conditions. Plus level of play will rise up as players will stick to what they are expert with.

Maps
Every round should somehow grant a land tp, a land no tp and a water map in the first 3 games. Map should be mixed in size as well as res amount, etc. Map pools should planned more carefully and in advance to ensure fairness.
I'm not sure about the veto system. Major perk is that it grant some extra fairness as map pools are often unpleasent.
A solution is to propose 3 maps for each game of a round and let each player veto one. This way you still force them to play a map with certain features but allow some preferences.

the one civ tourney could be super interesting as an weekend or one week tourney
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Imperial Noob wrote:One more thing.
Dying civilizations are hurt by verbal squabbles, but finished by expulsion of their best warriors.
Gentlemen,
free Diarouga
8-) :mad: 8-) -> 8-) :cry: 8-) -> :flowers: ^_^ :flowers: -> :blush: -> :pop:

I understand the sentiment behind this, but let's keep the free diarouga out of this thread in particular.

I'm not sure where other staff members stand on this but if we're going to discuss that issue, it shouldn't be in this thread, but somewhere else.
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Post by cedarfarms »

BLIND PICK TOURNEY
No Flag cblack
Musketeer

Post by cblack »

I always thought it would be really cool to make a "league" or have a "season". Players can sign up, and are separated into 3 different groups based off their skill level. They have weekly scheduled games among the other people in their league. Ideally, they'd play each person in the their group once or twice in a season. Then, take the top 8 from each group and have a tournament. BO5 up until the finals, which is then a BO7.

I think this is a great idea because it gives everyone an equal shot at winning a tournament, and games they can look forward to. Of course availability to play the matches could be an issue, but I think the chances of people finding a time without a whole week to play a match is not too much to ask. These "league" games could be streamed on the weekends, or throughout the week. They could be scheduled just like tournament games.