Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: We want your feedback!

Post by pecelot »

Goodspeed wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Probably unpopular but imo the finals should be best of 7.

Elaborate, then! :flowers:
The series are too long, there's no way you can keep focus for that long as a player. Iirc this last one took 5 hours and the games were average length. Imagine water play with that. It reduces the quality of games, too, because players get tired.
Mostly I just don't think it's necessary. To find out who the better player is, a best of 7 is plenty.

Less than 4 hours with around 10-minute breaks between the games on average, there were like 2/3 games whose length was definitely above the regular one. If that's really an issue, I agree with ovi to give players additional break, but from what I've seen now it was OK. Naturally, I can't be certain, as I didn't ask players etc., but like I said — they were given the time and there weren't too many complaints about that.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Well, hi. :flowers:
The games in the Finals are usually over in like 10 mins. People dont even try to make a comeback. If they fall back in a certain area even if its just a bit, they resign.
As for the last Tourney which BlackStar_OP won, more time was spent in the lobby than actually playing the games. (At least it looked like it). BO9 might be a bit too much as people say, but we only get to see the best players doing their best only twice a year. :smile:

My suggestion to resolve this, is why not increase the BO9 to BO11 and split it in two days. That way it wont be too little for one day and not too much overall. People will play 5 games in Saturday and 5 or 6 games in Sunday instead of playing 9 games in one day. I currently don't see any cons to this, only pros, and i'll name few of them:

*More top quality games;
*Neither the Players, nor the Casters will be tired past the 5-th game because they'll have a whole day to rest.;
*Players might actually play on water or try to do comebacks because they'll be able to invest themselves in each game.;
*Even if one player gets tilted, it wont make him lose the Series as long as he wins one game in Saturday, and then on Sunday he might try hard to make a comeback.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I see one con, you split the hype. To exaggerate your bo11 it could be a seasonal league which is less exciting, other than that good idea.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

my suggestion is to add a dislike button so I can dislike thebritish's comments
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

thebritish wrote:Well, hi. :flowers:
The games in the Finals are usually over in like 10 mins. People dont even try to make a comeback. If they fall back in a certain area even if its just a bit, they resign.
As for the last Tourney which BlackStar_OP won, more time was spent in the lobby than actually playing the games. (At least it looked like it). BO9 might be a bit too much as people say, but we only get to see the best players doing their best only twice a year. :smile:

My suggestion to resolve this, is why not increase the BO9 to BO11 and split it in two days. That way it wont be too little for one day and not too much overall. People will play 5 games in Saturday and 5 or 6 games in Sunday instead of playing 9 games in one day. I currently don't see any cons to this, only pros, and i'll name few of them:

*More top quality games;
*Neither the Players, nor the Casters will be tired past the 5-th game because they'll have a whole day to rest.;
*Players might actually play on water or try to do comebacks because they'll be able to invest themselves in each game.;
*Even if one player gets tilted, it wont make him lose the Series as long as he wins one game in Saturday, and then on Sunday he might try hard to make a comeback.

finals took like 4 1/2 hours but ye ... only 10 min games. Splitting series in half makes no sense. Before you do that you better reduce the number of games played within a series.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

As I see it its not only about finding the best player, its about getting an audience, and keep them.
If I am wrong, the entire Media Team should be fired ASAP.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

lordraphael wrote:
thebritish wrote:Well, hi. :flowers:

*More top quality games;

finals took like 4 1/2 hours but ye ... only 10 min games. Splitting series in half makes no sense. Before you do that you better reduce the number of games played within a series.

It makes total sense, for those with more than half a brain.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

thebritish wrote: People dont even try to make a comeback. If they fall back in a certain area even if its just a bit, they resign.

That is just wrong, players resign when the game is over, is disrespectful with the viewers and the opponent to make a game longer then necessary after its already over. I didnt remember a single game in the whole tournament where the player who resigned wasnt 100% dead, what I do remember is you walling and making a game that was already over take more 30 mins with me, and then by a coincidence that game oos'ed after I spent days sieging walls.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

lemmings121 wrote:
thebritish wrote: People dont even try to make a comeback. If they fall back in a certain area even if its just a bit, they resign.

That is just wrong, players resign when the game is over, is disrespectful with the viewers and the opponent to make a game longer then necessary after its already over. I didnt remember a single game in the whole tournament where the player who resigned wasnt 100% dead, what I do remember is you walling and making a game that was already over take more 30 mins with me, and then by a coincidence that game oos'ed after I spent days sieging walls.

What you remember or don't remember is irrelevant to... pretty much everything discussed here.
However, what is of the utmost relevance is that the ESOC Media Team market a tournament, which will bring the most revenue, because only by doing that can they attract the best players.

:)
[Sith] - Baphomet
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

A series in two days is such a hype killer plus an hassle for players. Anyway it's not just that series are too long, it is that bo9 is overkill. It is supposed to be "the more the better" but actually less games would result in higher level and more enjoyable matches.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I do like the idea of making the finals into a BO7 rather than a BO9.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Garja wrote:A series in two days is such a hype killer plus an hassle for players. Anyway it's not just that series are too long, it is that bo9 is overkill. It is supposed to be "the more the better" but actually less games would result in higher level and more enjoyable matches.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I hereby present the perfect illustration of what is known as the Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

:!:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:I do like the idea of making the finals into a BO7 rather than a BO9.

Sire!

May I suggest your immediate resignation from the ESOC Media Team?
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Snuden wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I do like the idea of making the finals into a BO7 rather than a BO9.

Sire!

May I suggest your immediate resignation from the ESOC Media Team?

You don't even have to ask it'll probably just spontaneously happen.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Snuden wrote:
Garja wrote:A series in two days is such a hype killer plus an hassle for players. Anyway it's not just that series are too long, it is that bo9 is overkill. It is supposed to be "the more the better" but actually less games would result in higher level and more enjoyable matches.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I hereby present the perfect illustration of what is known as the Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

This made me realize I think I'm more competent at aoe than I really am.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Jerom wrote:
Snuden wrote:

Ladies & Gentlemen,

This made me realize I think I'm more competent at aoe than I really am.

You are probably Brigadier - just like me.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah I looked up the Dunning-Kruger syndrome with the intent to debate its application here then I realized he was right and then I realized I was actually dumb!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah I looked up the Dunning-Kruger syndrome with the intent to debate its application here then I realized he was right and then I realized I was actually dumb!

With that realization you actually just proved that you are not dumb.
(I guess)
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hey, I'll take it
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:Hey, I'll take it

That could be a sign of Dunning-Kruger.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

This is all rather meta. Off topic and meta.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

As Jerom mentioned, let's get this back on topic please.
duck
:mds:
imo
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Off topic is the new topic.

User was warned for this and many other posts.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Vinyanenya wrote:As Jerom mentioned, let's get this back on topic please.

Right...

I honestly want to give a big thank you to all cashters, I enjoyed it all.
Yes, room for improvement, but overall damn nice.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm just comforted by the idea that by possessing an undervalued sense of self esteem and self worth I am actually, maybe, demonstrating my intellectual ability 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

edit: yes, back on topic. We are discussing a lot of these suggestions internally!