most interesting native techs/units/stuff

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: most interesting native techs/units/stuff

Post by Aizamk »

P i k i l i c wrote:
Bachscharfschütze wrote:Mapuche Tactics - Infantry get +50% siege attack - 200 Wood, 200 Food
this is fucking insane imo, sad they are only on aranuacia. I always get this when i play on this map, it's just so good for civs like aztec, russia, china etc

I agree, unfortunately the Mapuche warriors are the worst of all Natives

Neither of you can be considered for nilla scrub club membership when you don't know your natives.
1) Mapuche Tactics only applies to hand infantry only, so it doesn't help Russia at all.
2) Mapuche are one of the best natives simply for the siege upgrade that you can basically quickly buff your first early batch of 5 (and all subsequent hand infantry units) with to easily take down a military structure. They have good HP for a pikeman, and both coin upgrades are also good value.
oranges.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Inca is probably the best nat for late game, considering the techs. Plus the inca pikes are actually strong and kind of cheap.
Otherwise lakota, cherokee, cree and comanche have really nice techs. Seminole has that niche tech that gives +25% attack to archers, and actually works on cav archer-type units, which can actually be OP for some civs (like Sioux) in late game.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Also Caribs when used in conjunction with certain upgrades/cards are incredibly good.

Natives are for the most part fine as they are as long as the native post is in a "good" location. As I've said in one of these threads before, people just don't use them properly. Most ESOC maps also have excellent natives.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that nootka are a direct counter to aztec
oranges.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Aizamk wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:
Bachscharfschütze wrote:Mapuche Tactics - Infantry get +50% siege attack - 200 Wood, 200 Food
this is fucking insane imo, sad they are only on aranuacia. I always get this when i play on this map, it's just so good for civs like aztec, russia, china etc

Neither of you can be considered for nilla scrub club membership when you don't know your natives.
1) Mapuche Tactics only applies to hand infantry only, so it doesn't help Russia at all.
2) Mapuche are one of the best natives simply for the siege upgrade that you can basically quickly buff your first early batch of 5 (and all subsequent hand infantry units) with to easily take down a military structure. They have good HP for a pikeman, and both coin upgrades are also good value.

You can't joint the nilla scrub association either if you think there is Mapuche on nilla
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Aizamk wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:

Russia has halberdiers
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Aizamk wrote:1) Mapuche Tactics only applies to hand infantry only, so it doesn't help Russia at all.
Yes I didn't notice that in the post, but anyway I was thinking about puma spearmen/ doppels/ samurais/ ronins/ pikemen
Really ? Can you give me one or two examples of Native warriors which are less good than Mapuches? because their attack is still low
obviously the upgrades are great, especially if you plan to train mercenaries
https://imgur.com/a/dcBor
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Navajo 20% gold upgrade hasn't been mentioned yet. The most frequently used techs are the 12 bison, the 20% fishing upgrade on Hudson bay (it is only 75 w 75 c) and Cree CDBs.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Tbh the most frequently used tech, when available, is definitely the lakota big button. Thing is it exists only on Iowa on tad. But on nilla you would see it basically every game that would reach 18+ min on gp.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

that's why I like to pick otto and end the game quickly on gp nilla
India howaboutno1945
Crossbow
ESO: howaboutno1945

Post by howaboutno1945 »

Mapuche also have -10% unit coin cost tech.Cree has -25% building cost tech and Tupi have -20% building wood cost tech.Zen has 1000xp and 20% cheaper unit upgrades.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

evilcheadar wrote:
Aizamk wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Russia has halberdiers

he was talking about Russia rush, maybe mapuche siege upgrade is usefull if you send infa +33% siege (?) card and mass halbs
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016