Post by Gendarme »

Holy shit! Chrisie writing posts!
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Consulate gather rate

Post by momuuu »

For truly amusing export strats, asian civs have a card that gives 300 export per native tribe you're allied to. That can easily be 600 export. Its an age 3 card.

But auto upgrading of consulate units is used in japan FI. It relies on the beisteiros being auto upgraded, shipping intervention to have quite a decent mass of those and then you go age 4 and those become quite good. You tend to ship the shogun which can actually train the consulate units for normal resources, yet they still auto upgrade. Japan then tends to make mostly yumi, which they upgrade. Yumi + a few clubs from the shogun + the autoupgraded beisteiros give quite a potent army.

One thing about the consulate armies is that, sadly, usually the 400 export army is really the only viable one. You just cant affort to wait for the bigger armies.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Jerom wrote:For truly amusing export strats, asian civs have a card that gives 300 export per native tribe you're allied to. That can easily be 600 export. Its an age 3 card.

I remember the good ole days crushing hazza with my bawwwsss chinese GFA/600export FI into rattan sheild pop when he's sieging my fort. Top quality game.

Such a niche card but combines well with GFA.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

600xport isnt even gud. it's not even 600xport for 1 card, its 600xport in exchange for 400wood and 1 card. thats just so bad lol. but ye, if you can sneak in gfa, i guess it might be worth it, because gfa is a good card.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:For truly amusing export strats, asian civs have a card that gives 300 export per native tribe you're allied to. That can easily be 600 export. Its an age 3 card.

But auto upgrading of consulate units is used in japan FI. It relies on the beisteiros being auto upgraded, shipping intervention to have quite a decent mass of those and then you go age 4 and those become quite good. You tend to ship the shogun which can actually train the consulate units for normal resources, yet they still auto upgrade. Japan then tends to make mostly yumi, which they upgrade. Yumi + a few clubs from the shogun + the autoupgraded beisteiros give quite a potent army.

One thing about the consulate armies is that, sadly, usually the 400 export army is really the only viable one. You just cant affort to wait for the bigger armies.

as china i sometimes send 300xport and then get 8 redcoats + 1 falc, but i've never really made a streamlined strat around it, it's indeed too long of a wait most of the times.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

GFA is not a good card. :(
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

_H2O wrote:GFA is not a good card. :(

its great for india with tp start. because you usually send it just when you are about to age up, around 3:15. which means the card is out at 4 min-ish. You will have 1 vill working for you a whole 2 mins earlier than if you wouldve saved the card (because you still send your first shipment at the same time). And now you can use GFA to go french consulate for 500w 500c and still have export for 4v. Whereas normally you would only 500w 500c or 4v. ofcourse you would still have a shipment, which you would probably spend on 600w or 600c. Aka, gfa gets you much greater value, not only because of that faster 1 vil, but you also get 1 more tech from the consulate.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The peoblem is that you need to wait for 300export anyway or you lose 75export.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:The peoblem is that you need to wait for 300export anyway or you lose 75export.

you ship 300xport first, so it's not a big deal. and because you sent gfa, your tech comes much faster. instead of 600w (if that would be your first card) and then 300xport for 4v, you now get 500w and 500c and then you get 4v around the same time as you would normally get it. It's true that your 500w comes maybe 15 sec later because 600w goes straight to the floor, while for the 500w you need to ally to fre cons and then get the tech first, but you get 500c almost immediately after. So its no big deal.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Unfortunately it is big deal because India eco progression is slow and time is a key factor.
It still takes some seconds to ally and to research the techs a d more impirtantly to switch cons (which doesn't change). That's why I usually go for either fre or otto cons but not both (assuming you want to land on brit cons anyway). This way you also save a shipment that in the end is not speeding up your build despite being sent earlier than 600w 300export.
I think that a more logical option to use gfa is to send it after 300exp when you are cons rushing. This way you get 3 huss then insta 4v then while you switch to fre cons you pile up about 180export for 500w crates and then you can switch to brit cons (or stay on fre if you really want the 500g crates). Of course you are committed to such strat but at least it optimizes the use of consulate.
Image Image Image
China paddy_jai
Skirmisher

Post by paddy_jai »

alistairpeter wrote:Is it ever worth it to change to 5% in 10% for the consulate gather rates?

Definitely it worth, for china in treaty games

Because export can make up for the weak melee meat shield for china ( doppo and uhlan)

besides, china op eco can always afford it,it's not a big deal
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:Unfortunately it is big deal because India eco progression is slow and time is a key factor.
It still takes some seconds to ally and to research the techs a d more impirtantly to switch cons (which doesn't change). That's why I usually go for either fre or otto cons but not both (assuming you want to land on brit cons anyway). This way you also save a shipment that in the end is not speeding up your build despite being sent earlier than 600w 300export.
I think that a more logical option to use gfa is to send it after 300exp when you are cons rushing. This way you get 3 huss then insta 4v then while you switch to fre cons you pile up about 180export for 500w crates and then you can switch to brit cons (or stay on fre if you really want the 500g crates). Of course you are committed to such strat but at least it optimizes the use of consulate.

you've never tried it, so u dunno.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I tried it and aiz used it like months ago so I know
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Your export gathering is increased by 0.02/vill. Your averaged gathering is 0.065 res/vill but let's say 5% of time your vills are bugging in riki's my little town so let's say 0.062.

Let's assume 1 export = 2 res. Though, continuous gathering is better than lump sum shipments.
However 0.062>0.04 is quite much more even though you may argue that other consulates may give more value

If we ship GFA 1 export= 3.33 res. Therefore 0.62<0.0666 but it's still quite bad to waste a shipment. Even if we increase the value of export slightly compared to other resources I think it still makes no sense.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:I tried it and aiz used it like months ago so I know

well if you tried it then you would know that the point is not speeding up your build, the point is being the most greedy as possible. you have 1000 res from crates, 4v + big trickle in the time that you would normally have just two of those 3. and then you would have even only 600 res from crates instead of a 1000.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

In practical terms what matters is speeding up tue build, since that's India problem atm. The basic build with 600w, 300exp etc. is already greedier than what most civs can do.
But even in terms of pure greed GFA only slightly improves the basic India build since you need to chop 200w for cons in transition and delay the market ups.
Best thing of gfa is the extra vill but that requires the TP which btw is also controversial as it needs more than 4 vills to age in time. And if you want to go for karni mata it is probably just not viable at all.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

WickedCossack wrote:

I remember the good ole days crushing hazza with my bawwwsss chinese GFA/600export FI into rattan sheild pop when he's sieging my fort. Top quality game.

Such a niche card but combines well with GFA.

And now i crush ur france with tower rush
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

youre still a lowbob