Consulate gather rate

United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Consulate gather rate

Post by alistairpeter »

Is it ever worth it to change to 5% in 10% for the consulate gather rates?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re: Consulate gather rate

Post by _H2O »

No. It's very very bad
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Yeah its worth it to go 10% if u have 350-375 export lying around. Then once u send the army, u drop it back down to 0%.

This is basically because export is another resource but at 375 export it is still worth basically 0 resources.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

It's not worth it to do that. I love little optimizarions but this just isn't one of them.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

_H2O wrote:It's not worth it to do that. I love little optimizarions but this just isn't one of them.

How do you know though? I see poeple saying that all the time, but it's never backed up. I think if you play vs Azzy for example and you know that within the next minute all your vills will be idle, I think it may be a good idea to gather that extra 30 export you need for mm/units.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

So you lose X resources to get your consulate batch of muskets a little faster. Then after that you have to wait for another 400 resources from the consulate. Until that time the X resources you have given up are for nothing

t1 = faster time for batch
t2 = normal time for batch
t3 = faster next batch
t4 = normal next batch

On a timeline it looks like this:
-The giant gap between t2 and t3 is just you giving up resources for no gain in that window of time.
-The larger you make the gap between t1 and t2, the more resources it costs.
-Its not worth it
t1..t2.............................................................................................t3..t4
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i've been considering this though, when youre on fre consulate, instead of taking a 5% on your res, which isnt that significant, you can take 15% on export. or how much it is, i dunno

otherwise ye, wouldnt do it
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Sometimes it can determine a game if your batch come out 20 seconds earlier.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

_H2O wrote:So you lose X resources to get your consulate batch of muskets a little faster. Then after that you have to wait for another 400 resources from the consulate. Until that time the X resources you have given up are for nothing

t3 = faster next batch
t4 = normal next batch

-The giant gap between t2 and t3 is just you giving up resources for no gain in that window of time.
-Its not worth it
t1..t2.............................................................................................t3..t4

Hmm ok that's convincing. But what about doing it mid/late fortress with Japan, since you can spend export more incrementally on clubs?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

@Jaeger still not worth it. Look at my signature! :hmm:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

ovi12 wrote:
_H2O wrote:So you lose X resources to get your consulate batch of muskets a little faster. Then after that you have to wait for another 400 resources from the consulate. Until that time the X resources you have given up are for nothing

t3 = faster next batch
t4 = normal next batch

-Its not worth it

Hmm ok that's convincing. But what about doing it mid/late fortress with Japan, since you can spend export more incrementally on clubs?

I have an FF build with Jap where I basically make pure yumi and 2 clubs per cycle with 10% cons. Since yumi are op, 2 clubs per cycle is basically all you need as anticav plus those from intervention and 300export.
Except for that it's not worth it just because normal resources have better use than consulate units/techs. This is an exception I think, because I don't have to remacro to make ashis nor send them nor upping them. Also export in that case would be rather useless imo since mixing ashi and clubs on the same group doesn't work very well.
If there was a possibility to change it to 50% or more it would be more useful.
Image Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Why you need clubs when you have yumi? Silly garja.
mad cuz bad
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Why clubs when you have ronins? :D
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Dsy wrote:Why clubs when you have ronins? :D

I dont think you can train enough in time you'd be ronin out
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm not Garja, but I'm embarrassed because of what he thinks
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

deleted_user wrote:I'm not Garja, but I'm embarrassed because of what he thinks

The simplicity of this message made me laugh. Nice one
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Why ronins when you have hatamotos?
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Well afaik the export gather rate per villager goes up from 0.03 to 0.05 when you turn it to 10%, which is a 66% increase in export income for a 10% decrease in resource income.
If you take 1 vill (assuming it gathers at 0.6, although often it's more than this) and you make it work for 100 seconds you have:

-60 res and 3 export with the standard rates
-54 res and 5 export with the modified rates

Since 1 export is worth 1,5 resources (actually a bit more if you keep in mind that consulate units are auto upgraded, but it's better to keep the maths simple), you are giving up 6 resources for 2 export, which is worth 3 resources.

Therefore i guess that mathematically speaking the 10% change is not a long term viable possibility, since your villagers are overall being 4,7% less productive. With higher gathering rates for resources this gets even worse obviously. Only if you need your next consulate upgrade desperately you should consider switching to 10%.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Ty for the math. That's another point I didn't make because I didn't know the math. I was pretty sure it's also just not a 1-1 exchange.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Even if it was, it is just not enough of a boost to build a strat around it. If you could decide to boost it by 50% or so (still with inefficicency) I'm pretty sure one could find some use for it.
Image Image Image
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Gendarme wrote:Why ronins when you have hatamotos?

Where is @chrisie ?
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

Wow, this is really impressive guys! Thank you all very much for the input. Ive been trying to practice the game more ans improve my play, when I have the time. But I often come around questions and it's so nice to be able to come here and have people who know what they're talking about spend their own time to help me. On this topic though, are same consulate armies more valuable than others? I know it would depend on what your opponents enemy composition is, but id imagine they are all roughly the same. But what I mean is, age 3 ports have like 7 musk and a culv so 1100 rec vs the other civs age 3 choices. And i never thought of the auto upgrade like a rec, so could it ever be viable in perhaps some fi? Considering that your curates arena going to be affected by it at all (which is often where the rec come from I order to age up ie 700 coin etc) and something like indias trickle or china porcelain tower want go slower or tp, shrine etc. So if it us under those circumstances, are there any of the age 4 consulate armies that really stick out? (It would be good to know,even if changing the consulate wouldn't be worth it). Also, by a lot if the logic you guys are using you say things like you're losing so many resources etc, but why can't it be looked at as investing? You lose rec every time you buy something. Like,when someone rushes really hard they neglect their eco so badly, and can still manage to win. Im not saying there is a way, im just kind of curious how its any different from that, BC yes it would take longer to do, but I just feel like its a very unexplored topic. I mean with three different civ possibilities id imagine there would have to be some sort of scenario where its worth it, but you guys are obviously the experts lol. Anyway thanks for taking the time to respond, I really love this game, its awesome to know we have such a nice community
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Not an expert too but i think that the armies you get from the consulate are too limited to base a strategy around them, even if you switch to 10% in the consulate. This is also why a FI consulate strategy is not really viable, by the time you get imp you won't even have 1600 export to afford the industrial consulate army. But yes, many of those armies are pretty good and a nice addition to the conventional armies.

Here you can see a reference guide for the consulate:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/strategy/21

What could be explored instead in my opinion is a Good Faith Agreements build with Chinese or Indian since they can ally with the French and ship a couple of crates with Palace Intrigue. Afaik India usually ships Distributivism as the first card which is basically 2 villagers on wood which don't help a lot in the short term.

Anyway if you want to stick to a more standard play you should send Redcoats as China, Besteiros/Yamabushi as Japan and Redcoats/Hussars/Villagers as India
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Yep, the passive you get from the consulate is what matters the most for most of the game. You can tech through a few eco upgrades in early game on the way there.
Belgium chrisie
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by chrisie »

One way you could increase your export income without needing to suffer the gather rate loss from the consulate is by shipping sumptuary laws, an age1 card that all asian civs have that gives them 5 villagers worth of export every second. (unless you are india in which case its a team card and quite terrible sadly, don't even get the civ bonus villager) as a bonus it even gives you a 0.30 of every normal resource every second as well AND 0.15 exp per second. the shipment is just pure value. that being said the card is quite a bit weaker than the other trickles european civs get and quite weak in "standard" play, it is however a neat little thing to mess around with and together with the 300 export card (and as japan the ageup bonus from toshugo shrine) you can do some funny little consulate timing pushes