Why people use smurf accounts?

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Re: Why people use smurf accounts?

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

pl0xmaster wrote:
deleted_user wrote:It's difficult to understand the importance in ranks when your rank is shit

The problem is that I can't play with my friends because they always kick me, or viceversa when my level is good for the hosts, for my friends its not ok. It feels autistic because this game is dead competitevely, and has low player base so why make it harder to just play the game.

Your friends always kick you?
Weird frinds
shit juice :hmm:
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

deleted_user wrote:It's difficult to understand the importance in ranks when your rank is shit

if your life is even more shit than your rank, it gets a lot easier to understand its significant importance..
No Flag pl0xmaster
Crossbow

Post by pl0xmaster »

Gear_Head wrote:
pl0xmaster wrote:I've been playing this game from 2010 mostly through gameranger and voobly. Some months ago bought the game on steam and I'm playing through eso now. I've never experienced the salt and flame this game has, coming from toxic games like lol or csgo. I can't understand the importance people put in the ranks in this game, which is dead competitively speaking and has no competitive scene or E-sports. Like, I usually play treaty games which are hard to fill with 6 or 8 players and the amount of inbreds who just leave because: "LUL SMURF" or "unfair teams". I introduced AoE to some friends and we barely can play together because they have high winrate being low rank (70%+- at lvl 9-10). With gameranger or voobly I remember getting a game set up in a few minutes while here sometimes we are waiting in the lobby for 20 min. Either that or we are arranging the games wrongly, we host the games within the exploration tab. I see there is a queue but never found a game there and I dont know if its only for rush games.

Ideally you'd all want to find your "actual rank" as quickly as possible so you can find games at your skill level. I'm assuming your complaint is you are getting kicked because you are (allegedly) a lower PR than your skill should imply. In that case, I recommend hosting your own lobby until you've achieved a rank that is satisfactory to most hosts (in treaty, I usually see MS/2nd Lieut getting the most games on a regular basis...however, there are alot of players from PR13-20 running around).

All that said, if one is legitimately PR14 and joins a lobby with all PR20+ players, you can't expect them all to be generous enough to take the chance of booming for 40 mins only to have a 3 minute fight because somebody on one of the teams couldn't hang. In Supremacy I'd imagine it's a little different since the games are much shorter, but treaty games are indeed a commitment. Some of us treaty players only have time for one game in a day, and we'd really like it if it happened to be a competitive one.

I regularly kick lower ranked players from my lobbies. It's nothing personal - I just want a good game. Some respond by re-joining and flaming over and over again until they get pested. Some are friendlier and even ask for advice on how to be able to play with us next time. I've given tips and played with lower ranked people who were friendly and showed a willingness to learn, but I've not once given a single care to the noob who spouts 1,000 expletives after getting kicked from my lobby. Attitude is everything. :smile:

How do I check my actual rank? The only thing I see is that I am lvl 27, what does PR stands for?
No Flag pl0xmaster
Crossbow

Post by pl0xmaster »

queenofdestiny wrote:
pl0xmaster wrote:

The problem is that I can't play with my friends because they always kick me, or viceversa when my level is good for the hosts, for my friends its not ok. It feels autistic because this game is dead competitevely, and has low player base so why make it harder to just play the game.

Your friends always kick you?
Weird frinds

I have explained myself wrong as english is not my 1st tongue. We are a group of 4 who have played this game from 2010-11 and months ago we bought the steam version because nostalgia. Even though we have mostly played together, everyone has a different level on the ESO account. Mine is lvl 27, the others are like 15, 8, 9 IIRC. Now when we want to 3v3 or 4v4 either I get kicked by hosts because of the level or my teammates get kicked because "too low" or "smurf xd". When we have the same skill level but this skill system has separated us. If we want to host a game it never fills up, people just join, check our levels and decks and say some bullshit like: "hmmm u are smurfing, can't be possible for a lvl 9 to have a decent treaty deck", and I am like listen autistic ape, there are plenty of guides on the internet. But anyways, we obviously don't have all the time we want to play and spent like 30 to 40 minutes just trying to set up a game.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

yea that sucks
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

pl0xmaster wrote:How do I check my actual rank? The only thing I see is that I am lvl 27, what does PR stands for?

The lvl 27 is your Home City level. This level influences the cards you have available to you in your deck and nothing else. In general, people don't/shouldn't care about HC level as it has no bearing on the skill of the player.

PR = Power Ranking. You can find it by going into ESO and clicking "Home Cities," then looking at the bottom right scrolling box you'll see your Supremacy PR, Supremacy Win %, Treaty PR, Treaty Win %, and Deathmatch PR/Win%.

Your PR should come in the form of a "title" and a number. E.g. Lance Corporal (9). PR is always rounded up, as well. E.g. 8.01135 = 9.

Any more questions feel free to ask. :smile:
No Flag pl0xmaster
Crossbow

Post by pl0xmaster »

Gear_Head wrote:
pl0xmaster wrote:How do I check my actual rank? The only thing I see is that I am lvl 27, what does PR stands for?

The lvl 27 is your Home City level. This level influences the cards you have available to you in your deck and nothing else. In general, people don't/shouldn't care about HC level as it has no bearing on the skill of the player.

PR = Power Ranking. You can find it by going into ESO and clicking "Home Cities," then looking at the bottom right scrolling box you'll see your Supremacy PR, Supremacy Win %, Treaty PR, Treaty Win %, and Deathmatch PR/Win%.

Your PR should come in the form of a "title" and a number. E.g. Lance Corporal (9). PR is always rounded up, as well. E.g. 8.01135 = 9.

Any more questions feel free to ask. :smile:

I think I was right, every home city I have is lvl 100 (xp mod) and the title is captain, the number is 27.6 so that means that my level is 27, right?
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

pl0xmaster wrote:I think I was right, every home city I have is lvl 100 (xp mod) and the title is captain, the number is 27.6 so that means that my level is 27, right?

Your rank is Captain
Your PR is 28
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

pl0xmaster wrote:
I think I was right, every home city I have is lvl 100 (xp mod) and the title is captain, the number is 27.6 so that means that my level is 27, right?

Ok, nice. It sounds to me like your PR is indeed 27.6 (Captain). What is your ESO name? It should be easy to verify your rank on the ELO website as well as possibly identify any potential red flags that are causing you to get kicked from games. Captains don't normally get kicked from any games unless the games are really low PR (0-16).
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

pl0xmaster wrote:

You said that your friends are a much lower PR than you, so it makes sense that the hosts of the games you guys are trying to join wouldn't want all of you there, either because you are too high or your friends are too low.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

It looks really dodgy when a PR27 joins a noob game, esp if they are in the same clan. I would just boost your friends accounts.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag pl0xmaster
Crossbow

Post by pl0xmaster »

Gear_Head wrote:
pl0xmaster wrote:

Ok, nice. It sounds to me like your PR is indeed 27.6 (Captain). What is your ESO name? It should be easy to verify your rank on the ELO website as well as possibly identify any potential red flags that are causing you to get kicked from games. Captains don't normally get kicked from any games unless the games are really low PR (0-16).

WeeabooSlayer is my ESO name. I mean when we have the time to play there is only like 1 or 2 treaty rooms.
No Flag pl0xmaster
Crossbow

Post by pl0xmaster »

Papist wrote:
pl0xmaster wrote:

You said that your friends are a much lower PR than you, so it makes sense that the hosts of the games you guys are trying to join wouldn't want all of you there, either because you are too high or your friends are too low.

Yes, I can understand when the player is really a newbie, it is unfair. But we get kicked anyways, when my level is acceptable and theirs is not. I mean, we probably have the same skill but unluckily the system has ranked us in very different ranks when we mostly have played the same games. And it just gets so frustrating to set up a game, rehost, get kicked, look for rooms, etc, for 30-35 mins before every game. Also when getting in a lobby with players around lvl +-25 they don't let us play together. They see 2 of us having a high winrate while being lvl 12, so they instantly call out that they are smurfing so they get kicked, which sucks. Having a legit account is hard, smurfing in this game is pointless from my point of view. In league of legends or csgo atleast you can make money by boosting or coaching or even selling the account, but here is just pointless. Correct me if I am wrong.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

pl0xmaster wrote:
Papist wrote:
pl0xmaster wrote:

Yes, I can understand when the player is really a newbie, it is unfair. But we get kicked anyways, when my level is acceptable and theirs is not. I mean, we probably have the same skill but unluckily the system has ranked us in very different ranks when we mostly have played the same games. And it just gets so frustrating to set up a game, rehost, get kicked, look for rooms, etc, for 30-35 mins before every game. Also when getting in a lobby with players around lvl +-25 they don't let us play together. They see 2 of us having a high winrate while being lvl 12, so they instantly call out that they are smurfing so they get kicked, which sucks. Having a legit account is hard, smurfing in this game is pointless from my point of view. In league of legends or csgo atleast you can make money by boosting or coaching or even selling the account, but here is just pointless. Correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe play against each other in 2v2's, this will most likely equalise your pr's and winrates if you balance the game properly. Do that for a bit, then when you host a game, try to explain the situation in the title. If you can convey to people you are real accounts and are just friends people will probably join. Likewise, jump on the the ESOC discord or on here and try to organise some games. Once you have all gotten some more games under your belts, it will look less smurfy, just a not so balanced team.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”