Can we make a list of people who lag out on purpose and all pest them?

United States of America Porpoiseslayer
Crossbow
ESO: porpoiseslayer

Can we make a list of people who lag out on purpose and all pest them?

Post by Porpoiseslayer »

I'll start with "Kara3". We were having a great 3v3 and once we broke through and destroyed his factories, he turned off his internet and bugged out the auto-drop timer, making us wait indefinitely. I've been in way too many great games that end like this, and I think rounding up the people who do this would be a good start.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Can we make a list of people who lag out on purpose and all pest them?

Post by Kaiserklein »

You can't really prove that it's on purpose in a vast majority of cases so it's pointless :/
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Crossbow

Post by Porpoiseslayer »

I mean it's pretty obvious when the person's about to lose, and all of a sudden keeps turning on and off their internet rapidly
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

My internet connexion is shit, and is cut for like 5 mins each day, so it already happend to me several times that I dropped by accident while being in a bad position. The thing is that anyway the victory is for the 1st who come back to eso, so I get only loss because I can't come back for 5mins (until my connexion comes back).
I guess there should be other people in the same position.
Crossbow

Post by Porpoiseslayer »

But when it happens to you, your connection just turns off, you don't keep alternating between offline and online in order to bug the "time remaining" timer. And what do you mean "the victory is for the 1st who comes back to eso?"
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Hey Porpoiseslayer, welcome to ESOC :) Looks like a bad experience on ESO made you post here. While we do not have a rule against these kinds of threads, please be aware that, like kaiser and bwinner are pointing out, there is always a possibility for a real bug or internet connection loss, so making public shaming lists is not encouraged. Also, I know the on/off drop screen can be a bug. It might have been replicated, but I know it can happen to you normally too, so it's not always on purpose.

And what he means with "the victory is for the 1st who comes back to eso", is that when a player drops in a 1v1, the first one who return to ESO (after cliking exit game) gets the win, so gets the PR and ELO. This means that dropping is not a good way to avoid your loss, so it's unlikely it's done on purpose. OOS is a much better way
Crossbow

Post by Porpoiseslayer »

I see, sorry, I thought the only way his connection was doing that was because of some intentional lag switching. Does the same rule apply for 3v3? Also, what's OOS?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

I don't know the rule for team games, I have never even tested this in 1v1. Maybe somebody else can share some knowledge about this.

OOS is out of sync, an error where, I think, both team don't get PR/ELO since the game never really ends
Crossbow

Post by Porpoiseslayer »

I believe I lost ELO on the last OOS game I was in :/
Germany optimusprime
Advanced Player
ESO: optimus__prime

Post by optimusprime »

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Edeholland wrote:While we do not have a rule against these kinds of threads
Rules have been changed?
Pay more attention to detail.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Sexy wrote:
Rules have been changed?

The rule is we are against slander, however if the person is a known cheater (For instance my dear friend KingNassau or cCkw), then the thread remains as everyone knows it anyway. It is the Community Team's decision to decide whether the cheater is known or not.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Sexy wrote:
Rules have been changed?

The rule is we are against slander, however if the person is a known cheater (For instance my dear friend KingNassau or cCkw), then the thread remains as everyone knows it anyway. It is the Community Team's decision to decide whether the cheater is known or not.

So the rules did change
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

ovi12 wrote:So the rules did change

The official rule is "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “ESOCommunity” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “ESOCommunity” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “ESOCommunity” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised."
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Well I had this situation a lot of times, To be honest, most of the people don't lag intentionally in 1v1, Since they're losing more PR than they lose in team games. If he/she has good green/greenish yellow(Contains mostly green) latency (or ping for anti-nerds), then they're fine, If they do lag, even after verifying that they have good latency, Then something's fishy with them. There are some people who use external software (Hack, trick etc.,) to drop or get the game to out of sync intentionally to gain elo.. Some of them can be found here: http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/bannedlist, Whereas some are still living among the eso, like a black sheep among the white ones. They are doing these in team games since they are hidden among their team mates when the "Unresponsive player" screen doesn't pop up (sometimes this screen shows falsely). You can't do this during a 1v1.
oranges.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

What I meant is that it's not really a cheating acusation, but it's still slander so I'm happy the community responds with words of wisdom :)
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Hi :flowers:

I have played with Kara3 and I don't think she (yeah, pretty sure she is a she, although, who really knows, amirite) intentionally lags out. She's a pretty toxic person to play with though since she thinks she's op and will always blame her teammates if she loses. It's been awhile since I've played with her so I don't really know how she is now. I have chatted with her a few times, and she seems like an okay person while not in a game. I just really don't envision her pulling a lag switch or any of that nonsense. Seems beneath her, tbh.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

edeholland wrote:What I meant is that it's not really a cheating acusation, but it's still slander so I'm happy the community responds with words of wisdom :)

let's swap roles
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
edeholland wrote:What I meant is that it's not really a cheating acusation, but it's still slander so I'm happy the community responds with words of wisdom :)

let's swap roles

Yeh I could use a vacation
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Can i get the role cuz JakeyBoyTH can also go on a vacation? xD
oranges.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

edeholland wrote:And what he means with "the victory is for the 1st who comes back to eso", is that when a player drops in a 1v1, the first one who return to ESO (after cliking exit game) gets the win, so gets the PR and ELO. This means that dropping is not a good way to avoid your loss, so it's unlikely it's done on purpose. OOS is a much better way

Well that's for amateur dropping, aka pulling the plug. But if you have a droptrick, which I believe is a software (so a real cheat), you won't lose any game.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I remember winning games by reconnecting to ESO before he had time to put the plug back in. Good times. Unfortunately that meant you had to instantly drop them, so in the case of the accidental DC he would be a victim (but that is fine because I was a PR-whore back then).
Pay more attention to detail.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

after getting OOSed today once again for the millionth time, i just want to point out how pathetic this is.

those kids seem to solely build their ego on winning online/having a semi-fancy rank in a dead game hardly anybody cares about, and when they loose they cant even cope with the reality that they aint even good at that (and they are not if they loose even vs me lol)...