Incredible Artillery Show! (clickbait?)

Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Incredible Artillery Show! (clickbait?)

Post by Imperial Noob »

Ah, artillery, the final arguments of the kings... and their favorite set of toys! Once a Saxon king and Russian Tsar for example, both beefy fellows, after drinking too much (or not enough—a matter of perspective) singlehandedly moved, targeted and fired falconets in a contest, which was ultimately won by August II. Rangefinding was an intellectual exercise as good as chess, so in the seventeenth century it was most proper for bright future generals to serve in artillery units: from Kościuszko, to Napoleon himself.

As this subject has not been properly shown as for now, Ladies and gentlemen of ESOCommunity, I've prepared tricks, feats and curiosities, all concerning big guns. Behold the Incredible Artillery Show!

1. First of all, how far can a dummy fly? You've all seen helpless infantrymen (and cavalrymen) being thrown back by cannonballs... but would you expect THIS?
aFolk Festival.jpg

aFolk Festivalb.jpg

aFolk Festivalc.jpg

The dummy was thrown around 52-54 units from a Redoubt/Great Cannon/L'il Bombard type gun. That's as far as 5 markets!

2. We all know, that a bunch of quickstepping musketeers can graze a falconet shot. But can you actually trick the gunner and avoid a cannonball entirely?

aTommynator.jpg

Yes, you can!

3. The third is an exsitential question asked by @pecelot . What happens, when you decide to liberate a camp full of captives using explosive means?
screen70.jpg

(beat) They die.

4. Can monitors shell treasures?
aMonitorb.jpg

Of course, but why would you do this? Treasures are indestructible.

5. And for the grand finale... I've witnessed a monk, who was able to bend the laws of artillery physics. What he did, was to teleport himself away while being shot at by a cannon, and...
aMonka.jpg

aMonkb.jpg

aMonkc.jpg

It is my greatest pleasure to announce, that the circus was able to repeat his feat! A cannonball from a gun named King Einstein's Revenge ignored it's range and slammed him exactly where he landed. Town center shown has suffered some minor collateral damage.

Thanks for attending Incredible Artillery Show!
Have a nice day. :flowers:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: Incredible Artillery Show! (clickbait?)

Post by Ashvin »

haha Interesting! are you making any scenario related to Artillery?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Hey I love this
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Ashvin wrote:haha Interesting! are you making any scenario related to Artillery?

Sadly, I'm not good at trigger work. But now that you mention it, a scenario titled Time To Micro: Artillery Control popped up in my head. There is so much (relative) incompetence in the field of cannon micro, even at the high tournament levels, that it could prove beneficial. If I can mod Time To Micro, I certainly will.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

We tried for a bit with Japanese monks teleporting to Daimyos, cannonballs managed to shoot to the new location killing deer, even cliffs couldn't stop them, as they flew through the entire map! I'm sure there are some screenshots, right? ;)
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

pecelot wrote:We tried for a bit with Japanese monks teleporting to Daimyos, cannonballs managed to shoot to the new location killing deer, even cliffs couldn't stop them, as they flew through the entire map! I'm sure there are some screenshots, right? ;)

Nothing great, but it gives a picture, so to say.
screen54.jpg

screen61.jpg

screen45.jpg
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, looks nice — for the record, in the last picture you can see on the minimap where blue falconets can be :P
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

no clickbait, just awesome :)
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Hacks to extend falconets' range
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

BrookG wrote:Hacks to extend falconets' range

It would only work in an FFA, if you baited one player to fire a barrage and then teleported, while driving your shogun into strelets of another player.
The result would be one dead monk, one damaged Shogun, a ton of dead strelets and two confused players. :uglylol:
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Very nice not bored anymore, about topic 2, i was playing vs bot to see some thing , when enime (bot on moderate) start come to my base with aennas, when they start throw arrow i just start moving my cdb to left or right before arrow hit them to see if i can dodge, guess what ? cdb with same hp before been shoot, it is hard to do so some times my cdb was shoot, i am interested to pratice this with some one, maybe works with cav ( more speed than cdb)
LOL imagine start dodge all longbowman arrows, could be nice
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Argentina Pacc21
Musketeer
ESO: Pacc21

Post by Pacc21 »

Kazamkikaz wrote:Very nice not bored anymore, about topic 2, i was playing vs bot to see some thing , when enime (bot on moderate) start come to my base with aennas, when they start throw arrow i just start moving my cdb to left or right before arrow hit them to see if i can dodge, guess what ? cdb with same hp before been shoot, it is hard to do so some times my cdb was shoot, i am interested to pratice this with some one, maybe works with cav ( more speed than cdb)
LOL imagine start dodge all longbowman arrows, could be nice

Units that throw arrows sometimes miss their target, idk the percentages but they do, so it isn't like u dodged the shot by walking the cdb. Tho I'm not sure if it influences the chance of missing.