Crossbow

Weed n aoe

Post by goethe »

yes of course
France benj89
Howdah

Weed n aoe

Post by benj89 »

for people who have addiction tendencies (=mny ppl) I wouldn't recommend smoking weed tho
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag goethe
Crossbow

Weed n aoe

Post by goethe »

weeds not very addictive as far as drugs go. Nicotine and alcohol are both more addictive and weed helps people who are in withdrawal (from really harmful drugs) or people with chronic pain. Its definitely the safer dope of the two I know.
France benj89
Howdah

Weed n aoe

Post by benj89 »

I know all that and I think it should be legalized for many reasons, I just don't like it when people think weed is all that good while it can also cause damages (not talking about health damage, haven't checked researches abt that since few years).
My point is that it has to be taken reasonably, like everything ofc, but with all that legalization movements people tend to worship some wizkhalifa stuff and end up fuking their studies or w/e you are supposed to do at a young age.
Everyone reacts differently to it, Ik some guy who used to smoke before going to the gym and it was almost acting like a preworkout for him (thing I would literally never do), but it tends to make you lazy in general. Being lazy is worse than smoking 15cig a day in my opinion (at least on a short term effect), especially when you consider the age when people begin to smoke/the importance this period plays on their future. If you add up the fact that when you are a teenager you tend to do everything in excess, smoking 7-8 joint a day most likely won't be a good thing to do.
Comparing to alcool, the impact it has on your life are I guess more obvious and less vicious than weed which would just make you chill all day long in your room.
nothing better than a good fire with some northern light + chill music tho :)
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Weed n aoe

Post by Mimsy for President »

goethe wrote:weeds not very addictive as far as drugs go. Nicotine and alcohol are both more addictive and weed helps people who are in withdrawal (from really harmful drugs) or people with chronic pain. Its definitely the safer dope of the two I know.
weed is for weaklings
No Flag samboli
Crossbow

Weed n aoe

Post by samboli »

I smoke weed for like I think 10 years and I have finished my university and working as a co-worker and I think my life is ruined because of weed help me...
Jaeger

Weed n aoe

Try bay leaves
France benj89
Howdah

Weed n aoe

Post by benj89 »

samboli wrote:I smoke weed for like I think 10 years and I have finished my university and working as a co-worker and I think my life is ruined because of weed help me...
one sure thing is you have a hard time to understand a simple message, can''t help you on that :s
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Weed n aoe

Post by Durokan »

goethe wrote:weeds not very addictive as far as drugs go. Nicotine and alcohol are both more addictive and weed helps people who are in withdrawal (from really harmful drugs) or people with chronic pain. Its definitely the safer dope of the two I know.

weed is not medically addictive, it will not make you have a dependency on it and you could live without it. However, people can become addicted mentally to the feeling it provides, and that can bring negativity into someone''s life in a similar way to my "addiction" to playing age of empires does, for example. I''m not saying this is a reason to not smoke, assuming it is legal, I am saying that just like other things there is a way to do it with care and some people may be better off without it.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
France benj89
Howdah

Weed n aoe

Post by benj89 »

exactly
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Weed n aoe

Post by Goodspeed »

Weed''s a drug that means you''re giving up long term growth for short term gain although even in the short term it makes you incompetent at everything that requires multitasking (like playing AoE). Seems to differ per person but I personally have incredible short term memory loss when high. It does make everything more fun though, which is why it''s a very long time ago that I last played AoE sober.
kushkush wrote:Blazed aoe is the only kind of aoe

But the only real danger of weed is that it''s a gateway drug, especially in places where it''s not legal and access to it often means easier access to other drugs as well.
It also makes you dream less, which as a frequent lucid dreamer is my least favourite thing about it.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Weed n aoe

Post by Papist »

While an occasional smoke won't hurt you anymore than an occasional beer will, there are serious consequences to consider if you are a long-term weed user. Just like any other drug, moderation can be fun, but heavy use can ruin your life. The reason I don't use marijuana is the detrimental effect it has on your brain. Basically, after enough years of smoking it, you are reduced to a fat stupid slob with the brain capacity of an ape. As somebody who enjoys deep thought, I can think of nothing worse than becoming stupid because I chose to think of only the short-term effects of drug use.

However, as far as I am concerned, it is a matter of personal responsibility. If you know the consequences and choose to smoke it anyways, then fine. Just don't expect society to pick up the tab if you get sick from it.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France iNcog
Ninja

Weed n aoe

Post by iNcog »

I'm not sure if there is clinical proof that marijuana itself causes problem. If junkies mix shit in with it, it will of course be detrimental.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Jaeger

Weed n aoe

Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Weed n aoe

Post by Papist »

"A 2011 review found that cannabis use impaired cognitive functions on several levels, ranging from basic coordination to executive function tasks."
No Flag kushkush
Musketeer

Weed n aoe

Post by kushkush »

So coming from a person that smokes basically everyday, I'm totally for and against it. I mean with name of Kush Kush, I've got to be for it right? Yeah it's fun, but only if you can control it. I totally agree about the long term sacrifice for short term results, but weed hasn't turned me into brainless slob. It helps you out sometimes, especially during my school. I am an architecture major so I need new ideas all the time and if I come to a block in my project, usually a joint can help me rethink what I'm doing and get some creative results. Drawing, painting, and sculpting are all so fantastic when you're stoned. Bike rides too. The problem is you like the effect, you start combining it with other hobbies in life, and it just settles in.

Sure, I can live my life just fine without weed, I'm just not too grown up yet :) I'm only 20. So what if a little plant makes you forget? I'm human after all, I don't have much time here. I guess I would rather choose an active lifestyle with weed rather than binge watch Netflix or something cuz t.v and internet makes you stoopid too :) Except watching aoe of course
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Weed n aoe

Post by Papist »

kushkush wrote:So coming from a person that smokes basically everyday, I''m totally for and against it. I mean with name of Kush Kush, I''ve got to be for it right? Yeah it''s fun, but only if you can control it. I totally agree about the long term sacrifice for short term results, but weed hasn''t turned me into brainless slob. It helps you out sometimes, especially during my school. I am an architecture major so I need new ideas all the time and if I come to a block in my project, usually a joint can help me rethink what I''m doing and get some creative results. Drawing, painting, and sculpting are all so fantastic when you''re stoned. Bike rides too. The problem is you like the effect, you start combining it with other hobbies in life, and it just settles in.

Sure, I can live my life just fine without weed, I''m just not too grown up yet :) I''m only 20. So what if a little plant makes you forget? I''m human after all, I don''t have much time here. I guess I would rather choose an active lifestyle with weed rather than binge watch Netflix or something cuz t.v and internet makes you stoopid too :) Except watching aoe of course
There are many other ways to chill out and get a better perspective than drug use' ways that do not require you to sacrifice cognitive function. If you an only have fun when you are stoned, you are having fun wrong.
No Flag kushkush
Musketeer

Weed n aoe

Post by kushkush »

papist wrote:
kushkush wrote:So coming from a person that smokes basically everyday, Im totally for and against it. I mean with name of Kush Kush, Ive got to be for it right? Yeah its fun, but only if you can control it. I totally agree about the long term sacrifice for short term results, but weed hasnt turned me into brainless slob. It helps you out sometimes, especially during my school. I am an architecture major so I need new ideas all the time and if I come to a block in my project, usually a joint can help me rethink what Im doing and get some creative results. Drawing, painting, and sculpting are all so fantastic when youre stoned. Bike rides too. The problem is you like the effect, you start combining it with other hobbies in life, and it just settles in.

Sure, I can live my life just fine without weed, Im just not too grown up yet :) Im only 20. So what if a little plant makes you forget? Im human after all, I dont have much time here. I guess I would rather choose an active lifestyle with weed rather than binge watch Netflix or something cuz t.v and internet makes you stoopid too :) Except watching aoe of course
There are many other ways to chill out and get a better perspective than drug use' ways that do not require you to sacrifice cognitive function. If you an only have fun when you are stoned, you are having fun wrong.
I see what youre saying but youre making it a lot more serious sounding than it has to be. I am not having fun wrong dont worry. I like doing specific activities when Im stoned, and I know when I shouldnt be. Dont raise too much concern, Im doing just fine
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Weed n aoe

Post by momuuu »

I have a cousin that actually became mentally disabled due to weed usage. But its probably not that dangerous/unhealthy as people make you want to believe.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Weed n aoe

Post by Papist »

jerom wrote:I have a cousin that actually became mentally disabled due to weed usage. But its probably not that dangerous/unhealthy as people make you want to believe.
Agreed. But it is also not harmless, as some would like you to believe.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Weed n aoe

Post by momuuu »

papist wrote:
jerom wrote:I have a cousin that actually became mentally disabled due to weed usage. But its probably not that dangerous/unhealthy as people make you want to believe.
Agreed. But it is also not harmless, as some would like you to believe.
Im not sure, I never used weed myself so I find it hard to judge.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Weed n aoe

Post by samwise12 »

is your cousin goodspeed