Suggestion for the next tournaments

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Suggestion for the next tournaments

Post by Mameluke »

Hey all,

the WarChiefs Classic Tournament is the first tournament I'll ever play and I know im going to lose without having a chance. Thats how most of the people in my ELO are thinking in such tournaments. So I thought about how you could make such tournaments more attractive for average player like me (so the most people in the game).

1. Groupstage with 3 or 4 players per group.
2. Of course you split the Top players in different groups and so on.
3. If each group consists of 3 players the 2nd place qualifies for something like a second chance round/tournament whatever. If each group consists of 4 players the 3rd (or maybe also the 2nd) place qualifies for that "second chance round/tournament".
4. If it would take too long with BO3 you just make 1 game each series "BO1" (lol).

If you do so all player like me do have the believe to have the chance to get at least one round further and that would motivate more people to take part in such tournaments I guess.

ps: I dont know the system of the Spring Second Chance Tournament which you already have done.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Re: Suggestion for the next tournaments

Post by wardyb1 »

1. Group stages have been tried before and there is a reason they aren't used now. People didn't play most of their games. Which resulted in a lot of problems with scheduling, others in the group missing multiple games. All in all it just created a huge headache for all involved.
2. Top players are already split into different sections of the bracket. In tournaments, most of the top players get byes through the first group/round anyway so it shouldn't be an issue.
3. Currently anyone that doesn't make the Ro32 in the seasonal events qualifies for the 2nd Chance tourney. So you would already qualify for the event if there was going to be one for the warchiefs tourney which I don't think there will be.
4. Once again, it comes down to scheduling, if it's BO1 it probably is rather pointless. BO3 is better but also less games get played. All while finding time for 4 individuals in quite possibly 4 different timezones to schedule all in the space of what 2-3 weeks? Makes it not very viable.

All in all if you want to make the next round of the tourney, frankly you just have to improve. Sure in some tourneys you may match against someone with 10 pr more than you, but in the next one you may get a good mu for the next 2/3 rounds.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Suggestion for the next tournaments

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

In smaller events like these, we don't have group stages because we have fewer participants than in open tournaments. I recommend you to play in the next open tournament - ESOC Autumn Championships.