Elorating ladder actualization

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Elorating ladder actualization

Post by Mameluke »

Hi, when does the Elorating ladder get updated? every week once? On which day? (Talking about the left one on this page)
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Re: Elorating ladder actualization

Post by Mameluke »

I know its not the most important thing in the world but still...
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

We are working on fixing a bug. We already lasted a lot, but a final new season will start anytime soon
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

@Rikikipu is there a reason only a few countries show up in the elo ladder?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

I'm guessing it's something to do with cross referencing their names with ESOC data. I doubt their location/ip is displayed with the game results so there's no way to know unless the player sets it on the site (guessing)
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

Yeah but we have lots of countries listed on here for example I'm listed as Aus, we have plenty of New Zealanders, plus many more but none show up. So that kinda rules that out? I don't know, just curious is all.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

wardyb1 wrote:Yeah but we have lots of countries listed on here for example I'm listed as Aus, we have plenty of New Zealanders, plus many more but none show up. So that kinda rules that out? I don't know, just curious is all.

We all know its a toss between _Milky and me for best New Zealander
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

No, it is milkys friend general darkrar
r]
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Well if you have played in an ESOC tournament that is currently the only way we have to link ESO accounts to forum accounts. So its possible no one from Australia has both played a ladder game, and an ESOC event on the same ESOName and with their country set on ESOC. A Phase II of this tool will have better nationality visibility.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

Ahhk so you have to have played an event. Makes more sense now. Thanks for the response.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

why are there so big difference in elo gains from esoc ladder and AoE2 simple elo ladders. last game a winning in a 2v2 gave me 13 points in the latter, and only 3 points in esoc ladder?
how to make sence of this.
One of the other team had 2093 in simple ladder, and only 1686 in the esoc ladder. This makes little sence to me, so I would like someone to explain why the BIG differences???
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

All players' ratings were reset on the ESOC ladders, hence their points counts are more similar (starting from 1600), which is why the difference might have occurred.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

pecelot wrote:All players' ratings were reset on the ESOC ladders, hence their points counts are more similar (starting from 1600), which is why the difference might have occurred.

This still doesnt explain why I only gained 3 points in the forum ladder, and 13 in the "old" one. can somebody please explaind this :?:

over the 5 last games which we won in a 2v2, I gained 13 points in esoc ladder, while gaining 54 points in the "old" simple ladder. So this is not only one time difference - its looks like its in all the games.
something is really odd :shock:
Btw if you want to look in to it, I played on my original account; Hotness :P
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@spanky4ever Because the elo-difference between you and your opponent was bigger on the JP-elo ladder. You gain elo-rating depending on how much it differs from that of your opponent.

It is also possible that the ladders aren't using the same formula, but I highly doubt that.
Pay more attention to detail.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gendarme wrote:@spanky4ever Because the elo-difference between you and your opponent was bigger on the JP-elo ladder. You gain elo-rating depending on how much it differs from that of your opponent.

It is also possible that the ladders aren't using the same formula, but I highly doubt that.

So that means that if I played a high ranked player and won, I would gain almost nothing in esoc ladder, cos so many of you only play unrated, and thus have 1600 in esoc elo. But if I loose (I most def would), I will also loose alot of elo. Doesnt make much sence to me :?
more like shenanigans :uglylol:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Yes, because you are supposed to have a lot less elo-rating than the players who are much better than you. Remember that you don't only lose a lot of points, but they gain a lot of points as well. Next time you play against them you will lose less and they will gain less (because of the difference), and this will continue until the difference gets so large that you barely lose points for losing to them (and they barely win points).

Because everyone starts at 1600, it will be very unstable at the beginning until the better players separate from the worse - but it is nothing to worry about. Eventually everyone will get the elo-rating they "deserve", it just takes a bit of time for the ladder to find its balance.
Pay more attention to detail.