Which Civ Relies on Shipments the Least

United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Which Civ Relies on Shipments the Least

Post by vardar »

Basically the title says it all. Of course all civs have very good bonuses from shipments and rely someway or another on shipments but looking at all the civs, which one would you say could fare the best without any or limited shipments?

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
c0ns!
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: Which Civ Relies on Shipments the Least

Post by Jaeger »

By far British I think
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

ovi12 wrote:By far British I think

What I was thinking. Obvi their cards are nice but in a game with no shipments theyd fare the best imo
c0ns!
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

British ofc. This is one of the reasons they are the best civ on EP.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Brits, ports, sioux.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

germans

[spoiler=spoiler]fool! ofc brits. Damn that wasn't even spoiler worthy.Sry I'm new to shitposting[/spoiler]
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow
ESO: Pseudoku

Post by Pseudo-ku »

It may be unconventional, but I think Otto. If players could not rely on booming with shipments, players will use the Mosque improvements in order to pull ahead.
Pseudo-ku#8217 on discord
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Pseudo-ku wrote:It may be unconventional, but I think Otto. If players could not rely on booming with shipments, players will use the Mosque improvements in order to pull ahead.

:cry:
probably japan really
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow

Post by Pseudo-ku »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Pseudo-ku wrote:It may be unconventional, but I think Otto. If players could not rely on booming with shipments, players will use the Mosque improvements in order to pull ahead.

probably japan really

no daimyo tho

Also come to think of it asian civs could tech into France for those Export -> resource crate conversions
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Otto is one of the most shipment dependent civs... Otto with no 3v or crates will have maybe 10 jans at 8 minutes. And mosque upgrades take long to pay off, and are quite costly still, otto can only afford them with crate spam... For which you need cards
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow

Post by Pseudo-ku »

umeu wrote:

Otto is one of the most shipment dependent civs... Otto with no 3v or crates will have maybe 10 jans at 8 minutes. And mosque upgrades take long to pay off, and are quite costly still, otto can only afford them with crate spam... For which you need cards

Oh yeah I forgot they had vil shipments
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Brits would do well. Either them or Dutch or Japan would be top civ. Ports might do well because they can hold and long-term they outboom, but they lack good RI in colonial. Games rarely would go to fortress without shipments.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

games would never go fort. I think india would be nice.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

don't think so. india without trickle shipments and +1 vil from shipments would have quite bad eco for a long time. ofc their colonial line up is great, but i'm quite sure brits, japan and dutch will just outmass them.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

yeah same, India 300 exp is a basic shipment you need for 4 vils (otto consulate)
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

wouldve said aztecs but afterall brits probly have 80 pts somewhere aztec have 50
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:

probably japan really

I dont agree, you want heavenly kami, cherry orchards, 7 vil shipment in fortress.
Actually japan relies heavily on shipments because if you cant boom good you are dead within 10 mins
Even if you go torri gates rush you need 5x ashi/yumi cards to continue the pressure

EDIT: @deleted_user @Goodspeed without orchards you think japan can even be viable?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

depends on the map really. you have to realise ofcourse that all civs wouldnt be able to send shipments, so that means japan would probably be fine in such a setting, because they have another way to boom in age1/age2 other than villager shipments. since there are no military shipments either, rushes are no longer viable, and thats usually japans biggest threat. on top of that, there are no crate shipments, so TP civs are a bit hampered. Then again, same goes for brits/japan/dutch, who need wood crates for their boom, so that may not actually be a valid argument. That said, every civ can take tps, if you have something else on top of that, will be even better.

so yes, i think japan would be quite strong in such a setting, but i dont think they would be strongest. their civ bonus in such a setting is similar to brits (its kinda a mix between dutch and brits civ bonus), but weaker i think.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Brit boom pays off in short run so wood wont be a problem for brits. I think even if no shipments sent brits can destroy japan in 10 mins
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Aztecs wouldn't be bad imo
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Ashvin wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:

probably japan really

I dont agree, you want heavenly kami, cherry orchards, 7 vil shipment in fortress.
Actually japan relies heavily on shipments because if you cant boom good you are dead within 10 mins
Even if you go torri gates rush you need 5x ashi/yumi cards to continue the pressure

EDIT: @deleted_user @Goodspeed without orchards you think japan can even be viable?

With unit upgrades they can benefit a lot from their wonders and consulate. They would have decent unit buffs, and can boom ok with port consulate. Definitely would have strongest musk in the game without shipments - and access (partly) to AA. On maps where berries are plentiful they could probably do quite well. It would still take a lot longer to get an army - but so would other civs, especially without 3/2v, which you don't send with Japan anyway.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Brit then jap, basically any civ with an eco bonus
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I think it's sioux because they have anyway few shipement because of the lack of xp (no house, not always TP) and relativly weak shipement I think. Port should be good too and maybe dutch (not sure on ep because of xo from banks).

Brit shipement seems underrated for me. They have a lot of them because they get some xp from manor and have a lot of production in general+their shipements are strong in late game (I mean they have good shipements to send in late game compare to other civs). It's kinda the same for japan.
Aztec get tons of xp so no shipements would hurt them (same for otto).
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Well realistically speaking we're stuck in age 2, for starters, so good age 2 civs would win it. Brits of course come to mind because by building houses you're actually expanding your economy which is pretty nice, same for Japan, and both brits and japan have a pretty good colonial agenda. Then there's also Ports, ports don't actually lose out on 3v so they'll basically age with 13 villagers (normal) while brits will be at 14 villagers max. Then yes brits will be getting more villagers from manors but how the hell are you going to break 2 TCs early on without shipments? I can see ports beating brits in this format. Note that Ports actually start with 1 extra villager and that that, in this case, isn't to compensate for their shitty early game.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

So I tested ports and they're actually pretty good still. At 10 minutes I managed to acquire 40 musks, 38 villagers and a bunch of leftover resources with a score of 108. With brits I had slightly fewer musks, with a slower early game, although not all out boomy to be fair, and 37 villagers with 110 score (note manors inflated score by 3.5 points) but not having 2 town centers like I did as ports.

In the end I think my testing strongly indicates ports could at least compete with brits, and honestly I don't see how a brit player can outrush or outscale the port player without shipments.