Pr ladder ends in 2038?

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Pr ladder ends in 2038?

Post by momuuu »

musketeer925 wrote:Didn't watch the video linked here, but most new systems developed aren't typically with 32-bit time stamps. The only reason people do or have done this is lack of foresight.

Yeah thats what the video said, or just generic it works right now why would we care about the future.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

Okay so what will happen to the ladders in 2038? Will the game just be over?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

alistairpeter wrote:Okay so what will happen to the ladders in 2038? Will the game just be over?

everyone goes back to PR0
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

Oh ok
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Could aoe 3 survive till 2038?
oranges.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

It may or may not survive, but seems like these servers are 32-bit, migrating to 64-bit machine can solve the issue ez!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I'd be more worried about the player state haha. That would make the game 33 years old, we're in a "dying" state after 12 years..
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jerom wrote:I'd be more worried about the player state haha. That would make the game 33 years old, we're in a "dying" state after 12 years..

From what point of view are we in a "dying" state right now? Need I link the Steamcharts again? :hmm:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

I think the games is dead by 2030 anyway. We currently have less number of pro players in the game and and the base is decreasing. Ryan already left the game(may come back, who knows) jap community is dead already, some good players 91, gs, sam and many more are gone but unless MS releases some expansion pack for it game will decay for sure.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Jerom wrote:I'd be more worried about the player state haha. That would make the game 33 years old, we're in a "dying" state after 12 years..

From what point of view are we in a "dying" state right now? Need I link the Steamcharts again? :hmm:

I think the point is to have good standard of play and good amount of top players. You cant say the game isnt dead by having army of conscripts playing the game.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

The part where if you play a lot and become a major+ it becomes really hard to find games consistently. The numbers have surely been decreasing, and the more they decrease the more they will decrease. So even though it might seem somewhat stable, I believe the usercount to be so low that it's close to death. If you play at an EU morning theres just not enough people online to find games really, if that'd also be the case during the prime times then the game will soon be dead.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Ashvin All of Ryan, GS and Sam have played this year. The last ESOC tournament was won by the same player as the first one.
Also, not every one of these Conscripts will remain Conscripts forever, we have new players rising to the top.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jerom wrote:The numbers have surely been decreasing

See, that's where you're wrong. The numbers have been increasing.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Bring those steam charts.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jerom wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

Bring those steam charts.

According to Steam population data, the AoE3 player numbers have been on a rather steep rise in the last two years. All-time peak concurrent players count was broken consecutively in both January 2016 (5248 online) and now January 2017 (5546 online). Source: http://steamcharts.com/app/105450

From year 2015 to 2016, the average ESO population has actually slightly increased, which happened for the first time ever from as far back as we have ESO population data available (2006).
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Okay so those stats are just not reliable at all, because the figures for 2012 june, for example, are just blatantly wrong for as far as I remember.

I'm pretty convinced that is because the amount of people playing aoe3 through steam increased, rather than the amount of people playing aoe3. Also steam sales seem to completely rig the charts because those are just conscripts playing 10 comp stomps.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ya steam must be counting those online using aoe through steam. They may have added it up with eso numbers, but maybe not. In 2015 or so there was a small revival with like 3k online, but pretty much since ep (not saying because of ep) game has been dying slowly.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

why do we never learn
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

http://scripts.eaglemut.com/esopop/
Ignoring steam sales theres a rapid downward trend :/
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jerom wrote:Okay so those stats are just not reliable at all, because the figures for 2012 june, for example, are just blatantly wrong for as far as I remember.

I'm pretty convinced that is because the amount of people playing aoe3 through steam increased, rather than the amount of people playing aoe3. Also steam sales seem to completely rig the charts because those are just conscripts playing 10 comp stomps.

Well, in 2012 the Steam version was only just released. Do you think this remained a huge factor even last year, or this year? I wouldn't think so, since the stabilized ESO population data also supports the fact those are actual new players.

Jerom wrote:http://scripts.eaglemut.com/esopop/
Ignoring steam sales theres a rapid downward trend :/

Note that this graph ends in 2015.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

umeu wrote:Ya steam must be counting those online using aoe through steam. They may have added it up with eso numbers, but maybe not. In 2015 or so there was a small revival with like 3k online, but pretty much since ep (not saying because of ep) game has been dying slowly.

The number of players shown on Steamcharts counts those who play the game through Steam (no matter if they play ESO/LAN/Singleplayer/Campaign/Scenarios/whatever). So, not all ESO players are included there, while at the same time not only ESO players are included there.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea those of us who have been active over the past year have seen a steady downward trend in eso population. Iv always doubted the reliability of the steam numbers as they don't seek to correlate with what we perceive on eso
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Unfortunately many new players find it hard to join us on ESO due to a number of technical difficulties. Namely the base game not working, Error 101, FTJ and so on.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I still find that trend shown there to be more reliable than these ridiculous steam charts that do not in the slightest match the online activity.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
umeu wrote:Ya steam must be counting those online using aoe through steam. They may have added it up with eso numbers, but maybe not. In 2015 or so there was a small revival with like 3k online, but pretty much since ep (not saying because of ep) game has been dying slowly.

The number of players shown on Steamcharts counts those who play the game through Steam (no matter if they play ESO/LAN/Singleplayer/Campaign/Scenarios/whatever). So, not all ESO players are included there, while at the same time not only ESO players are included there.

But honestly, those players do not really matter. Even the players on gr and voobly matter more than those on steam but not on eso.