Going agaibst brit vc

United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Going agaibst brit vc

Post by alistairpeter »

If I know im going against a brit who sends VC, is it even worth tearing down their houses? The odds of housing them seem low, since their start revolves around building a ton of houses anyway, so destroying them just allows them to get more villies out. Is my thinking in this scenario wrong? I mean unless you can't destroy enough to pop them it does not seem worth it. But even tjen, destroying 5 houses means 5 more villagers
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Going agaibst brit vc

Post by deleted_user »

Not worth unless you're Azz and get dat sweet xp bonus.
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

deleted_user wrote:Not worth unless you're Azz and get dat sweet xp bonus.

What about when the brit player doesn't send VC, is it ever worth it (apart from Aztec xp bonus)?
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Depends on the british build. For instance when I was sending 5v first for awhile and my forward manors got sieged I would become momentarily popped. As a general rule of thumb though, no, don't siege manors.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

deleted_user wrote:Depends on the british build. For instance when I was sending 5v first for awhile and my forward manors got sieged I would become momentarily popped. As a general rule of thumb though, no, don't siege manors.

Sending 5v first? :mad: Blasphemy, who was the friendly northern barbarian that prompted you to do such a thing?
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Aizamk wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Depends on the british build. For instance when I was sending 5v first for awhile and my forward manors got sieged I would become momentarily popped. As a general rule of thumb though, no, don't siege manors.

Sending 5v first? :mad: Blasphemy, who was the friendly northern barbarian that prompted you to do such a thing?

An old meta crafter with an awfully bent toe.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Actually I feel like farming manors for xp is not actually a bad thing to do in many scenarios.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Depends on the context. It could be giving brits too much time. Brits could have went VC. It could be 1v1 or team. Etc.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Timba wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Not worth unless you're Azz and get dat sweet xp bonus.

What about when the brit player doesn't send VC, is it ever worth it (apart from Aztec xp bonus)?

Yes, unless its late game so he has spare wood and can remake them
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Imo that's good when your army is iddle and manors are exposed. Anyway, you aren't so likely to get all the 20 manors in 1v1 (I mean it happends, but like 20% of the games at best). So you win xp, destroy enemy los and force him to build more manors instead of army, which can give you a temporarry millitary advantage.
The inconvenients are that the enemy sees your army sieging and he can build more vils in late game.
All considered, it's very often good to destroy manors Imo.
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

I thought that brit rarely gets close to being popped, so it's not worth sieging their manors for those reasons?
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

No, never. You should control the resources to starve brit.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

It depends how you are playing. If you send VC that's probably the case, but either no. For instance, if you are rushing them with russia/india/otto, they are not likely to do a manor boom. Some people will probably disagree with this, but personnally when I play vs an agressiv strategy as brit, I focus on having as much army as possible for a timming, so I am often pop at this time. That's why if you destroy some of my manor houses, I need to change my plan or to chope wood to rebuild which both hurt my timing.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Jerom wrote:Actually I feel like asking Dutch to be buffed is not actually a bad thing to do in many scenarios.
oranges.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Hardly funny.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

:unsure:
oranges.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Attachments
dutch.png
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

If you manage to control all of the brit player's hunts (wall/tower/fort) then you render VC useless. The brit player will then have to make mills, which will slow them down a lot.
Another thing you could do is just kill off all his hunts with a couple of vills (with blunderbuss tech at market), and herding them away from the brit player. If you do this, then the brit player will run out of hunts even faster.
Error 404: Signature not found
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

noissance wrote:Another thing you could do is just kill off all his hunts with a couple of vills (with blunderbuss tech at market), and herding them away from the brit player. If you do this, then the brit player will run out of hunts even faster.

Don't encourage players to do stuff like that
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

aligator92 wrote:
noissance wrote:Another thing you could do is just kill off all his hunts with a couple of vills (with blunderbuss tech at market), and herding them away from the brit player. If you do this, then the brit player will run out of hunts even faster.

Earning PR comes at the greatest of costs. You think I won't cash in my dignity as a human individual to win a game? Lol. I will hunt all hunts if it means an ez4callen win.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

aligator92 wrote:

Gentlemen rules are only applicable to those who bind themselves. The scrubs who cry "unfair" can just as easily adapt to counter this type of play. This is no different from shrining up the map by playing japan. If anything, it can even end up as a disadvantage for both sides.
Error 404: Signature not found
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Try walling up a German merc player's 3rd and 4th mines
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

deleted_user wrote:Earning PR comes at the greatest of costs. You think I won't cash in my dignity as a human individual to win a game? Lol. I will hunt all hunts if it means an ez4callen win.

You might want to have your dignity intact to fall back on when you fall into your next depression because Garja beat you with half as many units ;-)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

aligator92 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Earning PR comes at the greatest of costs. You think I won't cash in my dignity as a human individual to win a game? Lol. I will hunt all hunts if it means an ez4callen win.

You might want to have your dignity intact to fall back on when you fall into your next depression because Garja beat you with half as many units ;-)

nice meme

I challenge garja to a bo7
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

It's actually almost always worth doing. Brit houses build slowly and cost a lot of wood. If you kill a few of them it ramps your shipments and slows them down quite a bit.

VC is probably the only context I could see where you should avoid a house with otherwise idle army. Plus the intel it provides is often critical to deny.